The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins GM Chris Grier: No pressure to pick Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa in draft

4 posters

Go down

Dolphins GM Chris Grier: No pressure to pick Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa in draft  Empty Dolphins GM Chris Grier: No pressure to pick Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa in draft

Post by rightchea Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:07 pm

saw this one coming.....

joe Schad wrote:To say one player was attached to us, you can’t control what fans and people in the media say,” Grier said. “So there’s no pressure for us. The pressure for us is to find the right guy to be the quarterback for the Dolphins, whether it’s him or someone else. That’s the pressure. Finding the right guy to lead the organization.”
Though Grier said Wednesday he expects veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick to return to Miami in 2020 (he’s under contract), owner Stephen Ross has been waiting for this moment. He wants Miami to find its next dynamic signal-caller.
“I think that’s from all of us,” Grier said. “We’d like to find the right guy to be the quarterback. You see how important it is around the league. So I wouldn’t just say it’s Steve (Ross). It’s Brian (Flores). Myself. Coaching staff. Scouts. We think it’s important that we find the right guy, and the leader, to be the quarterback here for a long time.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dolphins-gm-chris-grier-no-pressure-to-pick-alabama-qb-tua-tagovailoa-in-draft/ar-BBZezR2?ocid=spartandhp

I not surprised that he said this and for the fact that he said it means nothing really but at the same time Miami is known for passing up players. Either Tua, or Herbert Miami needs to find the right QB that can fit into what Flores wants to do.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Dolphins GM Chris Grier: No pressure to pick Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa in draft  Empty Re: Dolphins GM Chris Grier: No pressure to pick Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa in draft

Post by JMP Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:41 pm

They would never come out and say "We want Tua" - not at this time of year!

What is interesting is if you read between the lines, it is pretty clear that both Grier and Ross are saying that Josh Rosen is not the answer. I think most of us here knew that already, but there's a lot of Dolfans that still expect him to be "the man" for some reason.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins GM Chris Grier: No pressure to pick Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa in draft  Empty Re: Dolphins GM Chris Grier: No pressure to pick Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa in draft

Post by CarsonChris Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:13 am

Rosen😂😂😂

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:17 am

CarsonChris wrote:Rosen😂😂😂

I still think it was a good trade - good value for a guy that was a top 10 pick the year before, and I'm always OK with rolling the dice on a QB with potential. But yeah, I'm ready to say that Rosen is just not cut out to be an NFL starter.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:12 am

Still hoping we can coax a couple great preseason games from him, pump up his trade value to a desperate franchise that doesn't have a QB or loses one to injury...

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:26 am

There is small hope for Rosen to play for another team. Unless someone starter goes down there is not a high value in a players that has been traded to another team after one year. The only team I see going after him is the Pats bc they like doing craziness like that.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down