The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R. Jones to be released

3 posters

Go down

R. Jones to be released Empty R. Jones to be released

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:50 am

a move that has been long anticipated.

After a decorated, entertaining and at times frustrating 10 seasons in Miami, Reshad Jones’ time with the Dolphins is over.

The team intends to release the star safety at the start of the league year next Thursday — the first day they can do so.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article241092491.html

overall, i was a fan of Jones and thought he had a few very excellent years. unfortunately, his best years were wasted on bad teams. but still, when he was at the top of his game, he was one of the best - but injuries and age have taken their toll and this is the right move.

i'm just not convinced we can count on the McCain/Rowe combination for an impactful 16 games.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

R. Jones to be released Empty Re: R. Jones to be released

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:02 am

That definitely not happening. I see Miami going after someone in FA or during the draft.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:13 am

Agree, adding a true safety would bring two benefits.

McCain is too small to play safety, that's why he got hurt so quick trying to make the physical plays required of the position.

Moving McCain to his better position in the slot strengthens that part of the secondary at the same time.

Safeties can usually be had later in the draft than other premium positions, and I think there are a few very good ones we could look at - don't know the names.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:26 am

My thought is Miami gonna go after Antoine Winfield Jr. late in the first round, if they can early second.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down