The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We wanted a rebuild

+3
Degarmo
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
7 posters

Go down

We wanted a rebuild Empty We wanted a rebuild

Post by CarsonChris Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:55 am

Finally, we got a rebuild. After decades of tinkering with a smattering of bad parts we scrapped the entire project and started over.

We will have a new young line that’s built for trench warfare. We got size and nastiness. No more finesse up front. We built this to impose our will on other teams.
Add to that, we signed one FA running back and traded for another yesterday. These two backs have skills that will compliment each other. This tandem reminds me of Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris. Power and speed.
Miami’s #1 glaring issue has been QB. It’s been 25 years since we had a franchise caliber QB. Tua has the football skills a team can build around. He has some of the most precise passing skills since another lefty, Steve Young.
On to defense. Teams were able to impose their will upon us last year. We had a patch work of players that played their hearts out thanks to a coaching staff that knows how to motivate players. We had so many holes on defense that teams were able to beat us in a multitude of ways. Teams could run on us at will last year. We drafted players noted for their ability to stuff the run plus we brought in a FA linebacker from the Pats. Our front 7 is going to be hard to run on.
Last years secondary was coached by a miracle worker. We were bringing in players off the street and plugging them in and they were actually somewhat competent with the game plan but overmatched athletically. That has completely changed. We signed and drafted players that should make our defensive backfield a juggernaut for opposing QB’s.
I expect Miami to force teams into a lot of third and long situations with the way we addressed the defensive front 7. That was an area we didn’t force teams into last year. Add in tight man coverage and this should lead to a bunch of coverage sacks!

I expect Miami to make a huge leap forward this year. I finally have some hope for our future. I haven’t worn my Dolphins gear this much for a long time.

The future is looking bright!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

We wanted a rebuild Empty Re: We wanted a rebuild

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:23 pm

Oh what the hell, if you can be happy I can be happy too, even if only for a little while Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:27 am

I am also pleased with things so far. Mostly, I like that I can actually SEE the plan with this staff. It makes me think that they finally got the right guy in place. I'm glad the Dolphins organization isn't afraid of competent head coaches anymore.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:30 am

Degarmo wrote:I am also pleased with things so far.  Mostly, I like that I can actually SEE the plan with this staff.  It makes me think that they finally got the right guy in place.  I'm glad the Dolphins organization isn't afraid of competent head coaches anymore.

It's not the head coach I'm worried about...

Hey, I did say happy for a little while Wink

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:02 am

Excellent post, Carson.

Yes, this is what I've been hoping for forever - a true rebuild. This team is being built in the image of Coach Flores: smart, tough, hard-working. There is clearly a plan in place and the entire staff is working from the same page. It's refreshing.

And, we have a potential franchise QB.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:58 am

As tough as last season was, we knew what the Fins were going in and they actually surprised by being better than anyone thought they would be. With that said, this offseason was really where it was going to really start and I like what they did in free agency and in the draft. We haven't seen the results on the field yet, but it's a good start and it brings me joy as a Fins fan, especially seeing other Fin fans excited for once.

With that I will still temper my expectations next season, especially when it comes to wins. Yes the talent will be way better but there is still a lot of work to do and young players make mistakes. I hope they can make a run for a playoff spot but I expect them to play hard and smart while showing us improvment, whether that translates to wins next year we'll see.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:46 pm

I congratulate them for making all these changes. From what I have been seeing Flores is creating a new culture or at least trying to make a legit culture. Its been years sense Miami had a real culture and focus.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:11 pm

I don't see why we couldn't win 7 or 8 games this year. Matter of fact I think 8-8 is very realistic.

The 5-4 finish last year wasn't exactly a fluke, since two of the wins were on the road and two were against playoff teams.

I do think that changing a lot of the coaching staff might result in another slow start, though certainly not as slow as last year's.

Put it this way; I think we finish ahead of the Jets. Yeah, they had a strong finish too, but the only good team they beat was Buffalo, and that was with the Bills resting everyone and having nothing to play for.

I also have a hard time seeing New England win the division; Buffalo clearly looks like the best team going in.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:33 pm

I see Miami trying to push for 9 wins but I think 8-8 is an accomplishment

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down