The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The failed rebuild

4 posters

Go down

The failed rebuild  Empty The failed rebuild

Post by CarsonChris Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:05 am

As it stands now Miami has failed in every aspect of the rebuild. Currently we need players at every position grouping.

Offensive line is currently the worst in the NFL
Wide receivers at the bottom of the NFL
Defensive line, Ogbah and then?
Linebackers getting abused
Running backs terrible
QB has chronic injuries and nobody to throw to. Unknown?

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

The failed rebuild  Empty Re: The failed rebuild

Post by CarsonChris Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:23 am

Last in the NFL at rushing yards per game. 75.1. Near the bottom in all categories. That's with Tua having a couple 300 yard games.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:35 am

Yeah agree. This is the opposite or progress. If this is three years work what’s another 1 or 2 gonna do? Nothing.

Time to punt on this regime they failed. And I hate to see it
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:03 am

On the DL, Wilkins is having a very good season - he is one of the top run defenders in the game. Davis and Seiler have been good at times. EDIT: Oh yeah, Ogbah is a beast...but I bet he leaves in free agency.

Phillips is starting to show signs...long-term, I think he's going to be very good.

In the secondary, Howard and Jones have played well overall, and Holland and the other Jones have been getting better and better at safety.  Needham is inconsistent, but very good at times.

On offense, Gesicki and Waddle are keepers for sure. Tua has progressed, but will never succeed in this offense.

And that's about it.  Am I missing anyone?  

It all adds up to...FAIL!!!

Last edited by JMP on Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:48 am

JMP wrote:On the DL, Wilkins is having a very good season - he is one of the top run defenders in the game. Davis and Seiler have been good at times.

Phillips is starting to show signs...long-term, I think he's going to be very good.

In the secondary, Howard and Jones have played well overall, and Holland and the other Jones have been getting better and better at safety.  Needham is inconsistent, but very good at times.

On offense, Gesicki and Waddle are keepers for sure. Tua has progressed, but will never succeed in this offense.

And that's about it.  Am I missing anyone?  

It all adds up to...FAIL!!!

At some point Grier will read this list, rub his hands together, and say to himself, "Good...gooood...now I know which players I must part ways with before the trade deadline next season! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!"

And yes, I can totally picture him cackling evilly while plotting new ways to wreck this team.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:49 am

TBH I'd rather see Madden Youtubers do rebuilds of this team. For one thing, they all do a much better job.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:33 am

Just watch.  If Grier and Flores are retained, they will not re-sign either Ogbah or Gesicki.  Both moves are mistakes, and they SHOULD keep both players.  

It's part of what they have done.  They make value judgements on players that are here now that they want to upgrade - or sign somebody cheaper they think is just as good or better / younger.  

Then they sign guys that aren't close to the talent level as the players they unceremoniously released.   This is the vicious cycle that leads us to 2-7 with the worse O-line, and the worse offense in the league.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:47 am

white1 wrote:Just watch.  If Grier and Flores are retained, they will not re-sign either Ogbah or Gesicki.  Both moves are mistakes, and they SHOULD keep both players.  

It's part of what they have done.  They make value judgements on players that are here now that they want to upgrade - or sign somebody cheaper they think is just as good or better / younger.  

Then they sign guys that aren't close to the talent level as the players they unceremoniously released.   This is the vicious cycle that leads us to 2-7 with the worse O-line, and the worse offense in the league.

Well of course, didn't you know that's why Hunter Long was drafted? You remember Hunter Long, don't you? The TE who's literally not done a thing all season and has barely even seen the field at all? Yeah, he's totally gonna replace Gesicki next season with no dropoff whatsoever Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down