The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

teams calling for Rosen

+5
Degarmo
white1
mercury22nathan
HalCHorn
rightchea
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

teams calling for Rosen Empty teams calling for Rosen

Post by rightchea Wed May 20, 2020 11:25 pm

Kinda surprised....

Megan Armstrong wrote:The Miami Dolphins selected former Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa with the No. 5 overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft, which raised questions about 2018 No. 10 overall pick Josh Rosen's long-term future.

"Teams called the Miami Dolphins about Rosen's availability this offseason, and thus far, the Dolphins are in no hurry to trade him," NFL Network's Mike Giardi reported Wednesday.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2892738-josh-rosen-trade-rumors-dolphins-in-no-hurry-to-deal-qb-despite-getting-calls

rightchea

Back to top Go down

teams calling for Rosen Empty Re: teams calling for Rosen

Post by HalCHorn Thu May 21, 2020 1:10 am

I wouldn't be in a hurry to trade Rosen either.  Let him build up some value.  Right now we'd be selling low.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu May 21, 2020 8:19 am

i think that is plan. try to make him look as good as possible in the preseason (assuming there is one) and wait for another team to have injuries and feel desperate about their backup situation.

i think it is also wise to wait until they can see firsthand where exactly Tua is as far as his health status before jettisoning Rosen.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu May 21, 2020 9:33 am

Also a good point re: Tua's health status. Rosen is 23. The light bulb could just as easily come on at any time. People forget that Brees looked like a failed pick until he was 25 and in his fourth season.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu May 21, 2020 11:24 am

One QB over 40 and two QB in their 20's it makes sense to me. you keep Rosen for the whole season draft another QB next year then trade him with some value, especially to a team like the Jags, Raiders, or Browns

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu May 21, 2020 11:43 am

Based on a couple recent articles, there are more than a couple executives interested to see what happens with Rosen. He's had two seasons in two different offenses, with terrible talent around him.

Also there's this to consider: Fitzpatrick is nearing the end of his career. In fact, it was reported he mulled retirement this past offseason before deciding to return. It would be foolish to plan on him playing in any season beyond 2020.

With that in mind, I'd much rather have Tua - Rosen as our top 2 QBs than someone like Rudock, or another run of the mill journeyman. Rosen is a good longer term backup, with potential to light up a preseason and boost his trade value. Fitzpatrick is a great veteran caretaker, but this is probably the last season he can really help us in any meaningful capacity.

I'd love to see Fitz retire and become our QB coach, I think he's cut out for the job.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri May 22, 2020 4:46 am

I will continue to say this. Rosen is terrible. If they can get something for him before he ruins what little value he has currently, I'd be all for it. He has shown nothing, in my opinion, to date that even hints he can handle the NFL, regardless of what crap team was around him. He's never elevated the play of anyone in a professional sports uniform unless it was an opposing defense.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 22, 2020 9:15 am

Degarmo wrote:I will continue to say this.  Rosen is terrible.  If they can get something for him before he ruins what little value he has currently, I'd be all for it.  He has shown nothing, in my opinion, to date that even hints he can handle the NFL, regardless of what crap team was around him.  He's never elevated the play of anyone in a professional sports uniform unless it was an opposing defense.

I agree...but I also agree that there is no reason to trade Rosen now. Wait till preseason and see if he shows ANYTHING positive, to bring his value up if at all possible. Chances are he'll show nothing, as usual, but at least there's a chance. Teams are so desperate for QBs that they'll jump on anything. Hell, the Saints actually think Taysom Hill is their future starting QB! jocolor

Also smart to wait to see Tua in action - just to make sure he is indeed ready to face a defense. Then again, I'd rather have Rudock as the backup over Rosen, so maybe it doesn't matter!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri May 22, 2020 9:58 am

Then again, I'd rather have Rudock as the backup over Rosen, so maybe it doesn't matter!

That's an interesting take JMP, I'm curious - are you saying you like Rudock and think he could develop into a starter, or are you just that low on Rosen?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 22, 2020 10:31 am

white1 wrote:
Then again, I'd rather have Rudock as the backup over Rosen, so maybe it doesn't matter!

That's an interesting take JMP, I'm curious - are you saying you like Rudock and think he could develop into a starter, or are you just that low on Rosen?

I was thinking more as the #3 developmental QB this season and eventual #2. I was actually impressed by Rudock in his garbage-time preseason appearances. I don't know that he's a future starter, but looking at the crap the Steelers rolled out at QB last season maybe he is! LOL

To me, Rosen as a #3 isn't going to make him better. The #3 essentially runs the scout team and doesn't get much play in his team's offense aside from in the classroom. Rosen is cheap and young, and I'm fine keeping him till we know for sure that Tua is good to go. But long-term I just don't see him becoming a QB you can rely on, either as a back-up or starter.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 22, 2020 12:02 pm

Thinking about this more (while I'm supposed to be working...)

I guess it also makes sense to see how Rosen looks in the new offense before making any sort of decision on him. If the offense is easier to learn and the OL and running game are truly improved, who knows? I wouldn't bet on Rosen, but you never know.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri May 22, 2020 3:31 pm

I have to agree with an easier playbook it might help Rosen. But that also means if Rosen does well Miami could get a bigger draft pick for him

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri May 22, 2020 7:18 pm

An easier playbook would make a less heavy chart for him to hold on the sideline, where he belongs Very Happy.

I'll stop beating Rosen up now.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue May 26, 2020 11:37 am

I agree with whoever said it: I ain't seen nothing out of Rosen that makes me think he is gonna blossom into a genuine starter. Nary a flash, nary a zippy pass where you went DANG! Heck, you would get a ZIPPY pass thrown perfectly on time out of Tannehill occasionally, so...

Still, some dumb team with dumb coaches will think they can mold him, train him, and turn him into a decent starter where the last two teams full of dipshytes who couldn't train a a seal to eat a fish... could not, and trade for him. Especially if the Dolphins put him in during pre-season, but just for training purposes, leave the good O-line and some WR starters in for good measure. Make him look far better than he is and see what some dumb team is willing to offer.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 am

apparently the team is in no hurry to trade him.

And even though Josh Rosen was a disappointment last season, a source said the Dolphins are by no means ready to give up on him and believe he’s worth developing. They saw progress in practice over the final two months of the season and don’t want to concede that last year’s trade was a mistake.

There’s also a greater need to keep a third quarterback this season as a cautionary measure in case one of a team’s quarterbacks tests positive for COVID-19 during the season.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article242469191.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 28, 2020 2:35 pm

And even though Josh Rosen was a disappointment last season, a source said the Dolphins are by no means ready to give up on him and believe he’s worth developing. They saw progress in practice over the final two months of the season and don’t want to concede that last year’s trade was a mistake.

And there's your real reason, folks. Grier knows if he traded Rosen now he'd be lucky to get a 5th and would look like an idiot. I say might as well keep him, it's hard to be a locker room SJW when all your teammates know you're just the third-string afterthought.

I will also say though that the idea of Rosen being one injury to an almost 40-year old away from actually starting again is MUCH scarier to me than the virus ever could be affraid affraid affraid

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 28, 2020 11:24 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:

And there's your real reason, folks. Grier knows if he traded Rosen now he'd be lucky to get a 5th and would look like an idiot. I say might as well keep him, it's hard to be a locker room SJW when all your teammates know you're just the third-string afterthought.

I actually don't buy that for a second. I think the real reason they are keeping him is the first part of that sentence: they saw some progress. Look, the guy was a former top 10 pick in 2018, and he's essentially making peanuts for an NFL QB right now. I personally don't think he will amount to anything, but that doesn't mean I'm right. Bottom line: there's absolutely no hurry to trade him, not when his value is low. We have a new offense. Hold on to him, and if and when football is ever played again maybe he shows something to another team that makes them pony up a higher pick. And if not, we hold onto him at a bargain price.

However it works out, the trade was NOT a mistake. We got a top 10 QB for a net of a 5th round pick, at a minimal salary. I'd make that deal every time.

As for Grier "looking like an idiot" if he traded Rosen, why? What would be idiotic about it? The fact that Grier was able to get another 2nd round pick to make up for the one he gave up was actually pure genius...nothing idiotic about that. If the Phins trade Rosen for anything better than a 5th, they end up netting more value back than they gave up - that's the opposite of idiotic.

Idiotic is the Cardinals trading the #10 pick a year later and getting low value. Idiotic is the Jets signing Joe Flacco to be their backup QB, when no one - not even Flacco himself - knows when he'll be ankle to play following neck surgery. Idiotic is the Packers not drafting a QB despite having the worst WR corps in the NFC. Idiotic is the Saints thinking that Taysom Hill is their future starting QB.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:32 am

i almost thought this wasn't worth bringing up again. the truth is, unless something extraordinary happens, Rosen's chance at having a successful pro career is quickly fading. whether it be bad circumstances or lack of talent, or some combination of both, i guess it really doesn't matter as far the Phins are concerned considering Tua is the future. but i had never heard anything like what Omar Kelly asserts...

Problem is Rosen’s development stalled last season, and people inside the organization have questioned his commitment to football.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/omar-kelly-breaking-down-dolphins-093200575.html

wow, really?!?! everything i had heard thus far had been the standard, "he's done everything we've asked him to do." this is the first that i've heard mention that maybe his attitude or commitment isn't right. is this just Omar being Omar or are there people in the organization that believe Rosen isn't as committed as he should be.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:09 pm

Maybe we can trade him to the Washington Cisgendered Rainbow Kneebenders?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:37 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Maybe we can trade him to the Washington Cisgendered Rainbow Kneebenders?

You mean they did not rename themselves the Washington Weasels???

I swear I saw that somewhere. Shocked

Laughing

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:40 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Maybe we can trade him to the Washington Cisgendered Rainbow Kneebenders?

The far left has so many different splinter groups it's hard for them to figure out which ones take priority on any given day. That's probably why they can't come up with a new name yet, because no matter what name they choose it'll leave out at least one of the groups and we can't have that!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:48 pm

They can keep the Native on the helmet and call them the "Warriors".

They can put a flag on the helmet and call them "Americans".

They can honor the Tuskeegee Airmen and call them the Red Tails and put a plane on the helmet.

They can call themselves the "Senators" and put a picture of human suffering and misery on the side of the helmet, or just a big fucking dollar sign on top of a picture of the stock market.

As much power as is accredited to the "far left" the right must be incredibly pitiful and weak to let all this happen to the country. That, or it's really more agreed upon than people realize.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:49 pm

As far as Rosen, I'd entertain a 7th and a free Happy Meal at this point to be a huge win.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:05 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:

The far left has so many different splinter groups it's hard for them to figure out which ones take priority on any given day. That's probably why they can't come up with a new name yet, because no matter what name they choose it'll leave out at least one of the groups and we can't have that!

LOL Everything offends someone these days. As the Dead Kennedys once asked: where do ya draw the line?

As for Rosen - no need to trade him now, not when Tua may not even get to practice for real with the team any time soon. This Omar story smells like bullshit...he or someone else would have mentioned Rosen's lack of motivation much sooner. I think it's a non-issue.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:02 pm

Degarmo wrote:As much power as is accredited to the "far left" the right must be incredibly pitiful and weak to let all this happen to the country.  That, or it's really more agreed upon than people realize.

Combination of both. Remember, the Republicans were so disorganized they allowed a non-politician to win the presidential nomination because somehow there was nobody else. (Even Hillary had to cheat like crazy to steal the Democratic nomination from Bernie Sanders.) But also, an EXTREMELY high number of people who used to see "wokeness" for what it is have somehow fallen under its spell just since May, to the point where Biden might become president without all the cheating the Dems have planned. I keep hearing about this 'silent majority" but they've literally been silenced by rampant censorship and are too busy being stuck in survival mode right now.

As for Rosen, it's only a matter of time before he outs himself as the SJW he was this entire time. That's the real reason he's not focused on football, and Flores knows it.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next