The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8-3 To 8-6, Calling It Now!!!

5 posters

Go down

8-3 To 8-6, Calling It Now!!!  Empty 8-3 To 8-6, Calling It Now!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:05 pm

I am completely serious when I say my faith has been completely shattered by everything I believed about Tua and this team being able to win with him being proven completely wrong.

The D will continue to suck on the road (over twice as many points per game allowed at home), Tua has now demonstrated that for whatever reason he sucks at night games, and so I cannot see any possible way the Fins even compete the next 2 games, let alone win them. I have conceded the season already, they're missing the playoffs yet again and the rest of you might as well prepare yourselves for it.

I just thank God this is my favorite time of the year, it's literally the only reason I've been able to make it through all the other Dolphins December death dives over the last 35 years.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

8-3 To 8-6, Calling It Now!!!  Empty Re: 8-3 To 8-6, Calling It Now!!!

Post by white1 Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:18 pm

I’m not ready to say that.

I expect today to be one of the worse games Tua has this season. If not - then yes we could easily lose out…
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:32 pm

I expected todays loss but thought the game plan was good. Tua didn't execute. Lots of wide open receivers that Tua didn't get the ball to.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:48 pm

Bad game against a non-conference opponent. Not the end of the world. We can still get exactly where we want to go by beating the Chargers and Bills. Those are the games that matter most right now. Today sucked, but winning the next two was always the priority.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:48 pm

My gut right now is telling me 5 or 6 seed. That said, I think we can win a first round game against (say) the Titans. Or Ravens, since Harbaugh seems to have developed an inexplicable weakness in choking away close games.

But I expect us to finish 11-6 at least, which puts us in. We will win both home games, and I think we win next week.

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:57 pm

HalCHorn wrote:My gut right now is telling me 5 or 6 seed.  That said, I think we can win a first round game against (say) the Titans.  Or Ravens, since Harbaugh seems to have developed an inexplicable weakness in choking away close games.

But I expect us to finish 11-6 at least, which puts us in.  We will win both home games, and I think we win next week.

Before this debacle of a fiasco I was actually thinking 13-4 but right now I would be thrilled with 11-6. Amazing how one night can completely change everything. Just ask Vols fans. (Rim shot.)

Beating the Titans would be sweet revenge for last season, when Flores literally pissed away the playoffs just to sabotage Tua so he could get Ross/Grier to bring in Watson. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:50 am

Very possible. The pass protection was pretty good overall. If the RB didn't whiff on the chip blocks it would have been better.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:09 am

CarsonChris wrote:Very possible. The pass protection was pretty good overall. If the RB didn't whiff on the chip blocks it would have been better.

I was impressed with Shell at RT again. Little at LT had some ups and downs but was pretty good overall.

One thing this OL still can't do is handle stunts. There was a Bosa sack yesterday where he ran a delayed stunt to the inside, and no one picked him up. Williams tried, but he was too late. That's an area that has killed the OL all season, and I'm surprised more teams don't run stunts against us.

Speaking of RBs, I wonder why Mostert played so much more than Wilson? Or, at least it seemed that way without looking at snap numbers. Wilson had just 1 carry - not sure what that was all about.

In the end, that Gesicki drop was the knockout punch. It would have been a tough catch, but it was right in his hands. If he makes that catch, there's no doubt in my mind that we would have scored a TD to take the lead. After that, who knows what would have happened - but that was really the turning point IMO.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down