The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade with Texans?

+4
CarsonChris
mercury22nathan
JMP
white1
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trade with Texans? - Page 2 Empty Re: Trade with Texans?

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:00 pm

Where there's smoke there's fire. And at this point people two towns over can see the smoke rising. Just sayin' Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:09 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Where there's smoke there's fire. And at this point people two towns over can see the smoke rising. Just sayin' Cool

Except that there is no smoke from the Miami Dolphins. The only smoke is coming from the media and the fans. None of this has anything to do with the Miami Dolphins - it's all just speculation.

The Dolphins have already said Tua is their starter and they are going to build a team around him. And they just hired a QB coach that has worked with Tua. Everything the team has said and done since the season ended revolves around Tua. But apparently, people would rather believe fake news than bother to look at reality.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:14 pm

I will say no matter what happens I hope it works. If Watson goes to the Jets, I hope that move blows up in their faces
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:56 am

My guess is he stays in Houston, but if there is a trade I'm thinking Panthers or Jets - with the Bears as a dark horse candidate.

I'd love to see the Jets trade tons of picks to get Watson and then watch him endure losing season after losing season because they couldn't build a team around him! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:59 pm

As expected, the Texans are now saying that they have no intention of trading Watson. Of course, the league season doesn't start for over a month from now, so they still might trade him when they are actually able to - but this is the first step in the team calling his bluff. This situation could get really ugly if Watson and his agents want to push it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:48 pm

If the Texans owner loses Watson he is officially the dumbest owner in NFL History IMHO.

And even if he doesn't... Some of the moves the last few years have him qualified as a flaming idjit... also IMHO.

I am hearing the Phins do not want Watson. But they would love them a couple of years of JJ Watt!!!!

Very Happy

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:52 pm

finfanatic wrote:

I am hearing the Phins do not want Watson. But they would love them a couple of years of JJ Watt!!!!

Yep, there is a strong chance that Watt will be on a new team this season. I'm just not sure how much gas is left in that tank. He played all 16 games in 2020 but managed just 5 sacks. I'd certainly kick the tires and see if the price is right, but I'm not sure what he is at this stage of his career.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:22 pm

Even when the Houston Texans are trying to say the right things, they seemingly make Deshaun Watson unhappy.

The latest is Watson recently divested his social media accounts of any Texans mentions. The quarterback, who has become a star with the Texans and signed a $156 million deal with the team in September of 2020, removed all mention of the Texans from his Twitter and Instagram accounts by Saturday.

The apparent reason for the change is Watson is unhappy, among other things, with the manner Texans general manager Nick Caserio referred to him during a Friday press conference introducing new coach David Culley.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article248917659.html

gee, this sounds bad. Caserio must've really said some bad things. let's look at what just exactly he said...

“So organizationally, just want to reiterate our commitment to Deshaun Watson,” Caserio said. “He’s had a great impact on this organization, a great impact on a lot of people, a great impact on this team, and we look forward to the opportunity to spend more time with him here this spring once we get started.

“And we have zero interest in trading the player. We have a great plan, a great vision for him and for this team and his role on our team and we look forward to the opportunity to spend more time with him here this spring.”

oh my gosh!! that is so offensive!! oh wait, what is the problem?

That part about “the player” is the apparent problem. Caserio called Watson “the player” rather than by name.

Watson responded by removing the Texans name from his accounts. And on his Instagram account, which 1.56 million people follow, Watson is now referring to himself as simply “Athlete.”

are f'ing serious?!?! what a baby. get over yourself dude.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:12 pm

Caserio worked with Belichick. Parcells and Belichick both have a history of saying "the player" instead of a name - Parcells most (in)famously with Terrell Owens. It's basically a way of showing that no player is bigger than the team...a lesson Watson needs to learn.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:28 pm

JMP wrote:It's basically a way of showing that no player is bigger than the team...a lesson Watson needs to learn.

agreed, but Caserio specifically referred to Watson, by name, in the opening of his remarks.  it seems like Watson is now just looking for things to get upset about.

here we are less than 6 months removed from the Texans making Watson the highest paid QB.  and Watson himself expressing gratitude and a commitment to the team and the city.  and now he wants to abandon them?  what or who could've changed his thinking so quickly?  what sort of social justice Svengali convinced Watson he was somehow being treated unfairly, despite a $156M extension???  who possibly convinced him that the Houston franchise was evil?  who had an ax to grind against Houston?  who else, but perhaps Deshaun's close friend and (recently - as in November when this all starting taking shape) former teammate...

ah yes, its a name Phins fans know all to well...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30401855/houston-texans-release-wr-kenny-stills-sources-say

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:33 pm

And just like that, my point about millennials being angry and unhappy no matter how much they get their way is proven in spades. Like shooting fish in a barrel, really.

Kenny Stills, eh? Like the Aimee Mann song goes, I should have known.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:37 pm

I love Aimee Mann

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:19 pm

you may have noticed that a lot of Watson talk has died down over the course of this week.  why?  well, the truth finally came out - not from an unnamed source - but straight from someone who would know...

Feb. 1, 3:24 p.m.

Watson may not be speaking to the Texans, but his agent, David Mulugheta, won't let other rumors circulate.

After a tweet came out saying Mulugheta told the Texans that Watson will be holding out of offseason team activities, the agent himself decided to clear the air... with a little sarcasm.

"On behalf of '#DavidMulugheta,' who I speak to often, I can confirm this information is made up, like much of the other breaking news I've heard attributed to 'sources close to Watson,'" he tweeted back.

https://www.sny.tv/articles/latest-on-potential-jets-trade-target-deshaun-watson

so basically, yes, Watson might be unhappy with some things within the Houston organization, but the extent to which he is upset has been far overplayed in the media.  in the end, Shefter and Mortenson were full of crap.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:01 pm

Don’t crush my dreams!

Quick story. Out last night having a couple beers with friends from work. Met another Dolphins fan a couple hours in. One of us said “Tua” and by the look on his face, and probably my face, we are definitely not sold yet.

And that’s okay. His rookie year matches up well with other high end QBs. The dissatisfaction IMO is coming from two places: San Diego and Cincy where Burrow and Herbert - stats wise anyway - Appeared to be more promising. Again, even that is subject to interpretation.

The second place is in Miami where we saw Fitz come off the bench and jump start the offense immediately. Clearly, that was very unsettling for most fans.

In any case I’m still liking the idea of trading for a young, probowl caliber QB vs hoping and praying Tua is our guy.

I really, really want him to prove me wrong in my doubts. A powerful offense to go with our defense would be a lot of fun to watch.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:46 pm

There are many reasons why Tua did not meet expectations. Chief among those, IMO, are the fact that he was away from football for almost a year with a serious injury and had no practice time with Gailey or the starters till the week 7(?) bye, and, maybe more importantly, he played in an offense that was designed specifically for Ryan Fitzpatrick. With a full offseason of football, and an offensive system and coaching staff implemented specifically for him, we will see better results - no question in my mind.

Regardless, there was zero chance that Tua was going to be replaced...he was always going to be the starter in 2021. As I said from day 1, anything else was just fake news.

I also said that the Watson stuff was all fake news - and it seems that is playing out as well. I feel sorry for guys like Mort and Schefter, having to break stories in a landscape dominated by social media. They almost have no choice but to report on something they see on Twitter or wherever, for fear that they will miss the big story. That results in them running with fake news, and it perpetuates and legitimizes all the bullshit. And of course, it's happening everywhere - not just sports. It's at the point where you really can't believe anything unless you physically see the person involved saying it...and even then, he or she could be lying anyway.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:13 pm

So Watson *didn't* erase all mention of the Texans from his twitter and start referring to himself as "athlete"? Seems like that would be easy to verify.

But yeah, whatever the mainstream media says, the exact opposite is true these days. Like, for example, people having severe health problems and even dying from the vaccine. Media doesn't want you to know this, for obvious reasons.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:28 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:So Watson *didn't* erase all mention of the Texans from his twitter and start referring to himself as "athlete"? Seems like that would be easy to verify.

His Twitter page now doesn't list a profession at all, but I don't know if it always looked like that or if it has changed. But there are many tweets with pics of him in his Texans uniform - with the text mostly listing stats to show how amazing he is! LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:39 pm

If I were Caserio, I'd start referring to him as "the athlete".

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:21 am

Degarmo wrote:If I were Caserio, I'd start referring to him as "the athlete".

LOL that would be great...throw his own words back at him!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:59 pm

JMP wrote:
Degarmo wrote:If I were Caserio, I'd start referring to him as "the athlete".

LOL that would be great...throw his own words back at him!

You know Bill Bellichick would.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2