The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Agency 2021 - news + rumors

+4
Degarmo
DolFan 316
white1
JMP
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Free Agency 2021 - news + rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency 2021 - news + rumors

Post by JMP Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:44 pm

NBC Sports Edge wrote:Cardinals acquired C Rodney Hudson and a seventh-round pick from the Raiders in exchange for a third-round pick.

Hudson, 32 this summer, wanted out of Vegas, and the Raiders were initially rumored to be releasing him, only to realize they could actually deal him for something of value. They get a Day 2 pick in return. In Arizona, Hudson will kick Mason Cole out of the starting center spot after Cole graded out as Pro Football Focus' sixth-worst center last season. Hudson came in at No. 8 overall in PFF's rankings and remains one of the better pivots in football.
Mar 17, 2021, 3:50 PM ET

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Free Agency 2021 - news + rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Free Agency 2021 - news + rumors

Post by JMP Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:46 pm

Colts re-signed RB Marlon Mack.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:31 pm

I can't even keep up with all that is going on. I guess the NFL has now turned into Fantasy Football. Just repick your team each year with a few Keepers you might even give up.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:41 pm

JEGnj wrote:I can't even keep up with all that is going on. I guess the NFL has now turned into Fantasy Football. Just repick your team each year with a few Keepers you might even give up.

More like it's turning into the NBA where a handful of stars all openly conspire to somehow all be on one team to get a ring and any player can demand a trade any time they want even if they literally just signed a 5-6 year contract, and the teams must always give in to them because the world is insane now.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:59 am

I guess we know why David Andrews is still available: he reportedly wants more than $10 million a year! Can't blame him for trying with all the absurd contracts being thrown around, but that's crazy.

And speaking of crazy:
Washington signed Curtis Samuel - 3 years, $34.5 million, with $24.5 million guaranteed. Just mind-boggling.

And, as expected, Kyle Van Noy signed with the Patriots.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:23 am

New England Patriots starting center David Andrews is re-signing with the team, according to a source.

It's a four-year deal, a source told ESPN's Field Yates.

When the Patriots agreed to a one-year deal worth up to $4 million with center Ted Karras earlier in the week, it sparked a question as to whether it might be the end of Andrews' time in New England. But Andrews' desire to remain with the organization ultimately was a key factor in him agreeing to return.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31090348/source-center-david-andrews-signing-4-year-deal-new-england-patriots

Karras and Andrews??? WTF?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:52 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
New England Patriots starting center David Andrews is re-signing with the team, according to a source.

It's a four-year deal, a source told ESPN's Field Yates.

When the Patriots agreed to a one-year deal worth up to $4 million with center Ted Karras earlier in the week, it sparked a question as to whether it might be the end of Andrews' time in New England. But Andrews' desire to remain with the organization ultimately was a key factor in him agreeing to return.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31090348/source-center-david-andrews-signing-4-year-deal-new-england-patriots

Karras and Andrews???  WTF?

They're just signing everyone...unreal. I think one of those guys (Karras or Andrews) probably ends up at guard. Otherwise, if Karras is a backup he is way overpaid.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:31 am

JMP wrote:I think one of those guys (Karras or Andrews) probably ends up at guard.

i was thinking the same thing but neither one is really much of a run blocker so not sure how useful they would be at OG. i also thought perhaps the Patriots signed Karras as insurance in the event they might lose Andrews, but now they have both might investigate using one as draft trade bait.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:46 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:I think one of those guys (Karras or Andrews) probably ends up at guard.

i was thinking the same thing but neither one is really much of a run blocker so not sure how useful they would be at OG.  i also thought perhaps the Patriots signed Karras as insurance in the event they might lose Andrews, but now they have both might investigate using one as draft trade bait.

True. I was just assuming that Karras getting $4 million would mean he's penciled in as a starter, but who knows.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:43 pm

Let's be real here, Andrews only had a "desire to remain with the organization" after finding out the market had dried up and nobody else was about to pay him what he wanted Rolling Eyes There's no way on God's green earth he genuinely believes the Pats are going to start reaching and winning Super Bowls again.

If anything, this wild spending spree by the Pats only highlights how utterly desperate they are. And like virtually every other wild spending spree by every other NFL team over the past 27 years (somehow it worked out for the '94 49ers) it won't end well. Should've used that money to keep Brady around, Billy boy Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:07 pm

The never-ending Miami-New England pipeline continues: Pats just signed former Dolphin LB Raekwon McMillan.

I'm pretty sure the Patriots are printing their own money now...the amount of free agents they have added so far is staggering.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:56 pm

Bellichik is doing the same thing Shula did towards the end. Signed bug names to big money withou playing in big games. The last hurrah without the hurrah. Miami is going to look pretty good doing what they have been. I was doubtful when free agency opened but looking at the plan from the very start and what they are doing is nothing short of remarkable. The coach the GM the organization are putting it out there that this is how you build for a sustainable future. I like who they’ve signed this far essentially fortifying depth through the draft eventuall developing those picks into starters.

I kinda like it
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:43 pm

Umix10 wrote:Bellichik is doing the same thing Shula did towards the end.  Signed bug names to big money withou playing in big games.  The last hurrah without the hurrah.  Miami is going to look pretty good doing what they have been.  I was doubtful when free agency opened but looking at the plan from the very start and what they are doing is nothing short of remarkable.  The coach the GM the organization are putting it out there that this is how you build for a sustainable future.  I like who they’ve signed this far essentially fortifying depth through the draft eventuall developing those picks into starters.  

I kinda like it

Great post. Really, this is an ideal way to build a team: plug in holes through free agency, and add your best players through the draft. Phase 1 is looking good...now it's up to Grier to hit some home runs in the draft for Phase 2.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4