The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blockbuster Trades!!!! Phins move down to 12 and then back up to 6!!!

+3
mercury22nathan
JMP
JEGnj
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Blockbuster Trades!!!! Phins move down to 12 and then back up to 6!!! Empty Re: Blockbuster Trades!!!! Phins move down to 12 and then back up to 6!!!

Post by JEGnj Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:26 pm

3 years of double first rounders to continue to build. Just hope Watson in not coming here.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Blockbuster Trades!!!! Phins move down to 12 and then back up to 6!!! Empty Re: Blockbuster Trades!!!! Phins move down to 12 and then back up to 6!!!

Post by JEGnj Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:35 pm

When a video surfaced of Tunsil smoking a bong and dropping in the draft who would've thought it would turn into 4 years of double 1st round picks.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:40 pm

HOLY CRAP! This is AMAZING!!!

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-make-blockbuster-trade-with-san-francisco-49ers

The Miami Dolphins pulled off a blockbuster trade Friday when they agreed to send the third overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for four draft picks.

More significantly, the Dolphins will get first-round picks in 2022 and 2023 in addition to the 49ers' 12th overall selection in 2021, along with a 2022 third-round pick.

WOW!! Perfect move in a draft that isn't top-heavy. We can almost certainly still get Smith or Waddle at 12, and now we are stacked for the future!!!

YES!!!!!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:43 pm

wow, i like the idea of picking up 2 future 1st rounders, but i kind would've also liked to pick up a little more than an extra 3rd this year, but hey. all in all not too bad. but i do wonder why make the trade so early before the draft? could we ot have squeezed a little more out of then as desperation grew as the draft got closer. perhaps even a bidding war on draft day and the top 2 picks come of the board?

i guess this really changes who Miami is targeting in the 12th pick range.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:43 pm

UPDATE:

Phins now move back up to 6!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/26/dolphins-trade-back-up-to-no-6-eagles-move-down-to-no-12/

Shortly after pulling off a blockbuster trade with the 49ers to send the third overall pick to San Francisco, the Dolphins have traded the 49ers’ 2021 first-round pick, No. 12 overall, to the Eagles.

Philadelphia will ship the sixth overall pick in this year’s draft to Miami for No. 12 overall and a 2022 first-round pick. (The Eagles will also ship the 156th overall pick to Miami and get the 123rd overall pick in the deal.)

It’s unclear which 2022 first-round pick the Dolphins have sent to the Eagles.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:45 pm

I can't even wrap my head around all this. Goddamn, Grier is a gunslinger!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:50 pm

Eagles trade picks 6 and 156 overall to the Phins for #12 overall, #123 overall, and one of the 2022 first rounders.

So if you're keeping track at home:
--Niners get #3 this year.
--Eagles get #12 and 123 this ear, plus a 2022 first.
--Phins get #6 and 156 this year, a 2022 third and a 2023 first.

When the smoke clears, the Phins trade the #3 for the #6, and also get a 2022 third and a 2023 first. An excellent haul to move down 3 spots!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:54 pm

oh, so that is why they are doing it now. its a 3 team swap.

so now picking 6th - Devonta Smith back in play big time now!!

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:56 pm

I was happy with 1st trade but the 2nd one is stupid. Rather have #12 and 2 years a capital just in case.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:17 pm

JEGnj wrote:I was happy with 1st trade but the 2nd one is stupid. Rather have #12 and 2 years a capital just in case.

IMO not stupid if they have a target at 6. But keep in mind...they could always trade down again!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:37 pm

6 is a great slot. You're looking at potentially FOUR QBs going in picks 1 thru 5, and the Bengals are nearly a lead pipe lock to take Sewell at 5 in order to protect Burrow.

Miami will have it's choice of Chase, Pitts, Slater or trade down again for more picks.

It's an excellent year to have your QB since so many are highly ranked, and teams are clearly moving up for them. In short - you'll probably get a top 3 if not top 2 talent non-QB pick at 6 overall - a great value.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:40 pm

I was happy with 1st trade but the 2nd one is stupid. Rather have #12 and 2 years a capital just in case.

Yeah, I was liking the idea of two firsts for three consecutive years. However, at some point we need a blue chip athlete somewhere on the team. We will get one at 6. At 12, you're looking at clearly the second tier guys with the elite prospects off the board.

Just my guess, but along with the top 3 or 4 QBs gone, next to go will be Sewell, Slater, Pitts, Chase, Waddle, D Smith and Surtain. I'm not sure there's another elit-ranked prospect behind those guys - I named 7 so assuming four QBs in the group also but maybe there's only three.

Long story short - at 12 I don't think you get the same caliber player you will at 6.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:09 pm

Whew! I was expecting a trade down for sure, but then a trade back up!!!

Go for IMPACT Grier. I do not care what position.

More draft picks is always good, but at some point, you have to look at the roster and say "is this rookie actually gonna beat out so-and-so?"

I think we are seeing WHY the Phins have tried to cover their bases in free agency so that there is no one big glaring hole that would force them to reach.

Set up your board for IMPACTFULNESS and draft the most impactful player available.

And if that is Micah Parsons.... (gulp).... Let's hope JMP is correct and the Phins have done their homework.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:25 pm

finfanatic wrote:

I think we are seeing WHY the Phins have tried to cover their bases in free agency so that there is no one big glaring hole that would force them to reach.

Set up your board for IMPACTFULNESS and draft the most impactful player available.

Yep, I think that was the plan all the way.

Now, get the right players!!!

If we stay at 6, I'm thinking it has to be Smith, Parsons or Pitts. Waddle would be a dark horse candidate. I don't see Chase being an option that high with his lack of experience.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:11 pm

JMP wrote:I can't even wrap my head around all this.  Goddamn, Grier is a gunslinger!!!

Welp, this makes all the fantasy mocks we did obsolete Laughing He's making the same kind of trades I would if I still played Madden. This is straight up Madden Youtuber stuff. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:13 pm

white1 wrote:6 is a great slot.  You're looking at potentially FOUR QBs going in picks 1 thru 5, and the Bengals are nearly a lead pipe lock to take Sewell at 5 in order to protect Burrow.

Miami will have it's choice of Chase, Pitts, Slater or trade down again for more picks.

Or Parsons, don't forget about him Razz Twisted Evil

(Oh great, now you guys have ME doing it.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:17 pm

white1 wrote:Yeah, I was liking the idea of two firsts for three consecutive years.  However, at some point we need a blue chip athlete somewhere on the team.  We will get one at 6.  At 12, you're looking at clearly the second tier guys with the elite prospects off the board.  

Just my guess, but along with the top 3 or 4 QBs gone, next to go will be Sewell, Slater, Pitts, Chase, Waddle, D Smith and Surtain.  I'm not sure there's another elit-ranked prospect behind those guys - I named 7 so assuming four QBs in the group also but maybe there's only three.

Long story short - at 12 I don't think you get the same caliber player you will at 6.

That's the one thing we both agreed on from the start, which is why I liked the trade back up to 6 better than trading down to 12. Grier essentially had the power to choose which of 29 other teams got to take a QB at 3 instead of being forced to trade for a sexual predator. Let's hope he keeps using the Infinity Gauntlet for good!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:41 pm

The first 3 picks are all QBs, and there's even a chance the Falcons take one at 4. The Bengals at 5 will take Sewell or Chase. Picking 6 is a great spot to be in!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:27 am

What is gonna be REAL INTERESTING is if the Jets pull another Lageman-like draft boondoggle and take Sewell or even someone not a QB!

Trevor of the long lady-like hair will go first, the Jets Take Sewell or maybe since Saleh is a Defense Coach, they go for Farley or Surtain, heck, even Parsons!!

At #3, Fields, Wilson, Lance, and Mack Jones are all available!!

What would be wonderful is if there are one or more of the QBs that some team desperately wants available at #6. And the Phins are able to garner more picks and STAY in the top 10.

I think there is a chance the Panthers at #8 want a QB. The Broncos at #9 also.

The Phins have 8 picks now, 6, 18, 36, 50, 81, 156, 231, and 258.

So after #81 in the 3rd, the Phins have the #156 in the 5th, and then sit on their hands until the 7th where they pick late.

I suspect they try and get some picks in that range. But they probably want to stay around the 6-8 picks overall IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:12 pm

Everything I'm hearing is that the Jets are locked in on Wilson at #2. It's not even up for debate - he's the pick. Of course, you can't believe everything you hear this time of year - but all signs point to it.

Definitely keep an eye on the Panthers and Broncos...should be interesting...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:51 pm

JMP wrote:Everything I'm hearing is that the Jets are locked in on Wilson at #2.  It's not even up for debate - he's the pick.  Of course, you can't believe everything you hear this time of year - but all signs point to it.

That would explain perfectly why the 49ers gave up all they did to trade up to 3 instead of 2--they've already been informed by ex-DC Saleh that Wilson's the pick. This would need to be hush-hush for obvious reasons of course, but IMO the 49ers are higher on another QB than Wilson and are basically saying to the Jets, "Fine, take him if you want him."

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:28 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Everything I'm hearing is that the Jets are locked in on Wilson at #2.  It's not even up for debate - he's the pick.  Of course, you can't believe everything you hear this time of year - but all signs point to it.

That would explain perfectly why the 49ers gave up all they did to trade up to 3 instead of 2--they've already been informed by ex-DC Saleh that Wilson's the pick. This would need to be hush-hush for obvious reasons of course, but IMO the 49ers are higher on another QB than Wilson and are basically saying to the Jets, "Fine, take him if you want him."

Yep, and I think that's part of the reason the trade went down so far before the draft. The 49ers were desperate to move up because they knew Lawrence and Wilson were going 1-2, and wanted to make sure no one else jumped up to get their guy (Fields??) at 3.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:10 am

Rumors swirling tht the 49ers will take Mac Jones at 3...which means it is VERY possible that the Panthers or Broncos might want to trade up for Lance or Fields. This could get interesting...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:00 pm

Grier is a straight pimp. Miami is going to be in contention for a long time.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next