The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLOCKBUSTER TUA TRADE!!!

5 posters

Go down

BLOCKBUSTER TUA TRADE!!!  Empty BLOCKBUSTER TUA TRADE!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:07 pm

Okay not really Razz But I did find a site that allows you to trade picks AND players so I took the plunge...by trading Tua to the Bears so I could nab Jayden Daniels at #9 overall! MUAHAHAHAHA!!! Twisted Evil

(And in fact, Tua *could* be traded as of right now for zero cap hit and over #23 mil in savings. Which just happens to be about what Wilkins would be wanting per season. Just sayin'.)

I also made another trade with the Giants down from 21 for 2 more picks. Just for Merc's benefit, the player they traded up for was...Mitchell.  Cool

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/sim/tuatraded-5714

Man oh man, if Grier did this for real I believe it would cause every member of the sports media's brain to explode. Which wouldn't be a bad thing come to think of it scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

BLOCKBUSTER TUA TRADE!!!  Empty Re: BLOCKBUSTER TUA TRADE!!!

Post by finfanatic Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:20 pm

DF316... You stink!!!

I don't know whether I was excited or frightened? Maybe both!!!

Nah... They are gonna ink Tua to a big, big contract I think.

If they trade him off and the guy they bring in blows chunks, Grier and Mcd are both out in a hurry.

Keeping Tua is the safe thing to do and may in the end be the correct thing to do.

I just hope it ain't 50 mill per but it is looking likely.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:37 pm

finfanatic wrote:DF316... You stink!!!

I don't know whether I was excited or frightened? Maybe both!!!

Nah... They are gonna ink Tua to a big, big contract I think.

If they trade him off and the guy they bring in blows chunks, Grier and Mcd are both out in a hurry.

Keeping Tua is the safe thing to do and may in the end be the correct thing to do.

They're both gone anyway if this team once again fails to win a playoff game. And if they're not going to win a playoff game, then they might as well not win one with a lot more cap space.

I'm actually warming up to a Tua trade, and IMO it's *extremely* doable. Daniels would be the only QB I would do it for, though. Williams is a bust in waiting and Maye is...meh. Every other QB in this draft stinks.

IRL if the Bears go QB at #1 then obviously you'd have to trade with someone else and pray that Daniels drops out of the top 5. I wouldn't rule out the Giants taking him at #6 at all but if they don't the Falcons definitely are at #8. Or you might be seeing multiple teams attempting to trade up once Williams and Maye are off the board.

I'd even be fine with signing Mayfield and letting HIM be the new starter but Grier would never do that for a variety of reasons.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:15 pm

Of course a Tua trade is doable...he's got one cheap year left on his current contract.

But the likelihood of the Dolphins trading Tua is about the same as me being his replacement - it ain't gonna happen.

Of course, if it did, watch how quickly Tua becomes a media favorite after he leaves Miami. The same media that shits on Tua 24-7, 365 would destroy the Dolphins for trading such a great young QB. Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:21 pm

finfanatic wrote:

Oh, the average per year is going to be above $50 million for sure - IMO. Probably in the range of a $55 to $60 million average, making Tua the highest paid QB in the league. People might think that's crazy, but that's the way QB contracts work - the next guy in line always gets more. We'll see how it plays out with guaranteed money, which is the amount that matters, but the per year will be sky high.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:21 am

and i thought you were going to mention this...

The Dolphins, in the next year or two, will need to decide whether to give Jaylen Waddle one of the richest contracts ever for a team’s No. 2 receiver.

On Tuesday, former Dolphins executive vice president Mike Tannenbaum offered an interesting idea about how the Dolphins could perhaps help their team and avoid that potential financial conundrum.

In a segment on “Get Up” in which he offered purely hypothetical trades, Tannenbaum suggested that the Dolphins deal Waddle for Chiefs first team All-Pro cornerback Trent McDuffie.

“I love this one,” Tannenbaum said. “Two great young players. Trent McDuffie straight up for Jaylen Waddle. Here’s why: If you’re Miami, you’re probably going to cut Xavien Howard as a cap casualty. So you get Trent McDuffie, who is a great young player. That’s for Miami. You still have a great receiver in Tyreek Hill.

For Kansas City, you need a No. 1 receiver. Waddle really has a chance to be a No. 1. The other neat thing about this trade is it’s really like the second half of the Tyreek Hill trade, which you could argue was also a win/win.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article285702716.html

if its coming from Tannenbaum, there is usually some sort of dubious anti-Phins undercurrent.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:32 am

I saw that and it just goes to confirm either Tannenbaum is the biggest idiot in the world or he thinks the Chiefs are, IMHO!!

There is no way in heck I give up a difference making CB who can excel in the liberalized passing rules of today's NFL for an oft-injured WR no matter how good he is when he is healthy.

T'Was I the Dolphins I would take that trade quick, fast, and in a hurry.

The Chiefs are no doubt still chuckling from hearing such a hare-brained idea from one of the bigger dipshiite GMs in the league IMO.

Think about it.... The Chiefs gave up Hill, who is better than Waddle IMO, without looking back and went on to win 2 SBs!! What do they need a oft-injured WR for anyway???

I doubt even Tannenbaum believes half the absolute shiite coming out of his mouth. Or I hope it is the case. He just has to have a "hot take" that gets lots of internet clicks.

Most of these talking heads and their opinions and thoughts are analogous to those proverbial feces flinging monkeys!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:49 am

Only Tannenbaum would trade for Waddle when he could just draft someone at 32 who's better than anybody at WR the Chiefs currently have except for Rashee Rice Laughing Laughing Laughing And Rice was a second rounder!

Not to mention McDuffie would be wanting what Howard's getting now or more in 2 years anyway.

By comparison my Tua trade idea is looking better by the day it seems Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:29 am

The Chiefs could lose Snead in free agency, so this proposed trade would potentially leave them with no starting CBs. Great idea, Tannenbaum! Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:14 am

Laughing

Go read some of the tweets this Tannenbaum "hot take" got.

"Heelarious" is the word!!

Tannenbaum gets Tweets
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:48 pm

Tannenbaum might be as bad in his role as an "NFL analyst " as he was as an NFL GM! I can't believe anyone takes him seriously.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:00 pm

That trade would rock but then we know Grier would blow the pick on Penix!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:47 am

CarsonChris wrote:That trade would rock but then we know Grier would blow the pick on Penix!

Penix and Little Tua might be the best fits for the McD offense in this entire draft class IMO. Penix is very raw, but his skillset is right in McD's wheel-house. No chance we're drafting Penix in real life, but he would be the guy I'd be looking at if we were in Bizarro World and Tua got traded.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:27 am

JMP wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:That trade would rock but then we know Grier would blow the pick on Penix!

Penix and Little Tua might be the best fits for the McD offense in this entire draft class IMO. Penix is very raw, but his skillset is right in McD's wheel-house. No chance we're drafting Penix in real life, but he would be the guy I'd be looking at if we were in Bizarro World and Tua got traded.

He's been injured a lot so Grier automatically upgrades him!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:35 am

CarsonChris wrote:
JMP wrote:

Penix and Little Tua might be the best fits for the McD offense in this entire draft class IMO.  Penix is very raw, but his skillset is right in McD's wheel-house.  No chance we're drafting Penix in real life, but he would be the guy I'd be looking at if we were in Bizarro World and Tua got traded.

He's been injured a lot so Grier automatically upgrades him!

Very true! Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down