The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JMP Dolphins Mock Draft 2021

5 posters

Go down

JMP Dolphins Mock Draft 2021 Empty JMP Dolphins Mock Draft 2021

Post by JMP Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:52 am

Here is my initial Dolphins mock draft for 2021.  As always, I don't project trades.

Round 1 (# 6) – WR DeVonta Smith, Alabama  
Round 1 (# 18) – RB Najee Harris, Alabama  
Round 2 (# 36) – OG Aaron Banks, Notre Dame
Round 2 (# 50) – LB Baron Browning, Ohio State  
Round 3 (# 81) – OL Quinn Meinerz, Wisconsin-Whitewater
Round 5 (# 156) – DE Malik Herring, Georgia
Round 6 (# 199) – S Divine Deablo, Virginia Tech
Round 7 (# 231) – WR Frank Darby, Arizona State
Round 7 (# 258) – DL Jared Goldwire, Lousiville

Smith, Harris and Banks are day 1 starters that transform the Miami offense in a variety of ways.  

Smith is a precision route-runner that perfectly complements Will Fuller's speed and gives Tua a super-reliable target.  

Harris is the do-everything RB that makes this offense dynamic.  

Banks is an all-world left guard that is above average run blocking and pass protecting, and allows the team to put Erik Flowers on the bench as a key multi-position backup.

Browning is a player the Phins loved at the Senior Bowl, and he can play inside and outside and has pass rush ability.  

Meinerz will be groomed as the future starting center. His upside is tremendous.

Herring has good size (280 pounds) and is an excellent run stopper with some pass rush skills - ideal 3-4 DE.  

Deablo probably won't make it to round 6, but he's a huge, fast strong safety that flies all over the field.  He can be used as a LB in dime situations.

Darby is a bit raw and not super-fast, but no one works harder and he'll make a nice slot receiver and key special teamer.  

Goldwire is another 3-4 DE that can also kick inside.  Excellent size and a raw but intriguing skillset.

Last edited by JMP on Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

JMP Dolphins Mock Draft 2021 Empty Re: JMP Dolphins Mock Draft 2021

Post by CarsonChris Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:26 pm

I will take any mock draft this board puts up over the draft Grier gives us. Mark my words, every pick Grier makes there will be a better player from the same position drafted later.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:08 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I will take any mock draft this board puts up over the draft Grier gives us. Mark my words, every pick Grier makes there will be a better player from the same position drafted later.

#metoo Grier will find a way to screw it up, just like he screwed up the last draft. Collecting picks is the easy part, any 12-year old Madden player can do that. Any of us could've made those two moves to go from 3 to 12 to 6. And Flores better not stick his nose in and force Grier to take someone like Iggywhatever again! He needs to stick to coaching.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:37 am

Great draft, JMP... And your draft is probably what the Phins will do. I expect an OT instead of a Guard, BUT....

I really think EDGE RUSH is more important than a Guard or an OT. A pass rush would take the Phins Defense to the next level.

I will be pleasantly surprised if they go for a RB, Harris or Etienne at #18.

I would love for them to get J Williams in the 2nd and get a premiere EDGE RUSHER at #18.

But we shall see. I suspect CC and DF316 are correct, and that Grier/Flores draft board is nowhere near
what we Phans think it is. I feel fairly confident the Grier/FLores have evaluated their players and free agents and feel
they are set at a few positions we Phans think they desperately need to fix.

We shall see.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:35 am

Grier's draft last year was excellent...if he can replicate that success, while focusing on a couple of offensive playmakers, this team will be in excellent shape moving forward.

And as I've said many times, when evaluating the current Dolphins - it's not about the "best" players - it's about the best players for the schemes Miami runs. There's a difference. It's a big reason why I think the Phins will value Smith more than they do Chase - because Smith is a better fit for what the Phins want to do on offense, regardless of who the "better" receiver is. That's exactly what made last year's draft so great - they may not have gotten the "best" players according to the draft analysts, but every single pick they made fit what they're trying to do, both from a locker room standpoint and on the field.

So, bottom line: when doing these mock drafts, make sure the players you target are going to be fits for the Phins - and not just guys that the draftniks rate high. That's what I've tried to do here.

As an example, look at OL - the Phins probably aren't going to draft a 300-pound lineman like Slater to play tackle or guard...if you look at all the linemen they have brought in the last two seasons they're all HUGE. Even free agent Matt Skura, at 315 pounds, is heavier than the typical center. So that's why I would rate Banks (at almost 340 pounds) much higher than say, Slater, for the Phins.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:11 pm

JMP wrote:Here is my initial Dolphins mock draft for 2021.  As always, I don't project trades.

Round 1 (# 6) – WR DeVonta Smith, Alabama  
Round 1 (# 18) – RB Najee Harris, Alabama  
Round 2 (# 36) – OG Aaron Banks, Notre Dame
Round 2 (# 50) – LB Baron Browning, Ohio State  
Round 3 (# 81) – OL Quinn Meinerz, Wisconsin-Whitewater
Round 5 (# 156) – DE Malik Herring, Georgia
Round 6 (# 199) – S Divine Deablo, Virginia Tech
Round 7 (# 231) – WR Frank Darby, Arizona State
Round 7 (# 258) – DL Jared Goldwire, Lousiville

This draft would help us a great deal. I'm thinking Meinerz goes higher, though. Probably 15-18 spots higher IMO. Would love for him to fall to us there though. Humphrey would also be a great C to get.

Browning's stock apparently went up at his pro day but I think he's there at 50.

Deablo has all the tools. He would be great value there but I bet he goes a round higher somewhere.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:35 pm

Yeah, I really doubt Meinerz will be there at 81. I think he goes late round 2. But I wanted to find a way to get Banks, Browning AND Meinerz!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down