The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could this be the year the Draft gets all crazy?

+2
JMP
finfanatic
6 posters

Go down

Could this be the year the Draft gets all crazy? Empty Could this be the year the Draft gets all crazy?

Post by finfanatic Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:19 pm

I keep hearing that a couple of teams are going to do everything they can to get a QB, either because they think Lance is a keeper,
or Mac Wilson is the next Tom Brady.

Chicago is one of those teams, as the HC and the Gm are both on their last legs. An all out deal to get a QB MIGHT garner them another season or two.

I have been using the Mock Simulator but Chicago just does not want to give up a boatload for the #6.

But then I ran it and the Falcons drafted Pitts! Bengals went for Sewell. Up popped a trade offer from Atlanta.

I accepted just to see what was what?

They took Lance of course. And gave up picks #35, #68 and a 2022 1st and 2nd!
Here is what I did with the picks:

22. Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota - I traded back with Tenn and got a 2022 5th. Bateman has the tools.
35. Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma State - I like this OTs mean disposition. He is the Big Mean Nasty Tackle that will let Hunt be the Big Mean Nasty Guard he is meant to be. The right side of the line is now the Phins power rushing side.
36. Gregory Rousseau EDGE Miami (FL) - Top rated player left. And feels a major NEED.
50. Landon Dickerson OC Alabama - Center who will hold the position for a decade IMHO.
68. Amon-Ra St. Brown WR USC - I was wanting Gainwell, but those stinking Steelers took him! I think this guy is gonna be a dangerous WR in the NFL. Not a #1, but...
88. Nick Bolton LB Missouri - He may be better than Baker?
156. Aaron Banks OG Notre Dame - We now have great depth at tackle and Guard. Maybe we can jettison "Wreck" Flowers?
159. Jonathan Marshall DT Arkansas - Depth DT.
185. Elijah Mitchell RB Louisiana - I doubt he lasts this long. He ran a 40 in the high 4.3s. At 215 lbs and 5'10" he would be the Phins best RB.
And picked up…
2022 ATL 1st
2022 ATL 2nd
2022 TEN 5th

The Phins are LOADED for next year's draft as well. And we can but hope the Falcons Stink mightily again this year improving the picks.

Anybody else think something strange is going to happen in this draft?
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Could this be the year the Draft gets all crazy? Empty Re: Could this be the year the Draft gets all crazy?

Post by JMP Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:32 pm

I personally think the Mac Jones hype is just that - hype. I have him falling to 15 (Patriots). He's got all the intangibles, but I don't see anything special about him on the field. That said, he's my #2 in this class...I don't like Wilson, Fields or Lance much at all - but I think teams will fall in love with their athleticism and arm strength. Jones can't compete in those aspects.

No one is trading up for Trey Lance IMO. There's just no body of work to justify it. I have him going at 9 (Broncos - Elway loves to collect garbage QBs), but in an ideal world he's a day 3 pick IMO. He's a one-year wonder, and that one year was way back in 2019 and wasn't all that special...at North Dakota State.

Sure, some teams could fall in love with any of these guys and make a move up to get them - but I'm not seeing it.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Could this be the year the Draft gets all crazy? Empty Re: Could this be the year the Draft gets all crazy?

Post by JEGnj Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:38 pm

Right now Miami's draft is a crap shoot. With this new Watson wanting to go to a jury trial there still is a slight chance there could be a last minute trade. If we draft WR/RB, OL/WR, WR/LBor EDGE will determine a lot on how the offense is next year. There was so much roster turnover during FA this NFL off-season there really isn't a huge thinking Miami hit it out of the park compared to other teams.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:42 pm

I like to run drafts like yours JEGnj. Once I managed to accumulate 19 picks for next year. I had 3 firsts, 4 seconds, 3 thirds, 3 fourths, a fifth, two sixths and three sevenths but traded all the way out of the first this year. I had no firsts but six second rounders in 2021. Marshall, Williams, Phillips and E. Moore were my first four. Smile

I almost always counteroffer the initial offer. If nothing else I like to see if I can move up about 15-20 spots late (i.e. 231 for 211). Hey, every little bit helps. Smile

It seems like Denver's best move would be to try and get Bridgewater, who never is appreciated it seems, but WDIK?

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:18 pm

Here we go, almost done with one of these reverse George Allen drafts. Here's what we have next year in the late going:

SF 1st
MIA 2nd
CHI 2nd
ARI 2nd
MIA 3rd
SF 3rd
IND 3rd
ARI 3rd
MIN 3rd
PIT 3rd
NO 3rd
GB 3rd
NYG 3rd
MIA 4th
IND 4th
ARI 4th
NYJ 4th
MIA 5th
CAR 5th
IND 5th
SEA 5th

Marshall, Williams, Meinerz and Smith were the first four picks.

HalCHorn

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:56 pm

cheers cheers Could this be the year the Draft gets all crazy? 1f60e

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:23 pm

ok, here we go, here's next year's haul. Two 1sts, 7(!) 2nds, 4 3rds. We should have one helluva 2022 draft!

SF 1st
KC 1st
MIA 2nd
KC 2nd
GB 2nd
MIN 2nd
NYG 2nd
LV 2nd
BAL 2nd
MIA 3rd
SF 3rd
BAL 3rd
BAL 3rd
CIN 3rd
MIA 4th
BUF 4th
MIA 5th
MIA 6th
TEN 7th

Here's what we get this year:

Javonte Williams
RB North Carolina
trade icon
MIA

Kadarius Toney
WR Florida
MIA

Landon Dickerson
OC Alabama
trade icon
MIA

Rondale Moore
WR Purdue
trade icon
MIA

Jordan Smith
EDGE UAB
MIA

Nico Collins
WR Michigan
trade icon
MIA

Kyle Trask
QB Florida
trade icon
MIA

Divine Deablo
S Virginia Tech
trade icon
MIA

Charles Snowden
LB Virginia

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:47 pm

Hal, you are truly a mad scientist with the absolute best draft luck cheers cheers cheers I almost never get any of the players you picked so late to fall as far as they do for you. What's your secret?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:52 pm

luck. Pure luck. I hope it follows me to the poker table. Smile

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:53 pm

Hal, do you work for the Oklahoma City Thunder front office? That is a draft pick haul.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:55 pm

Lol. Just playing the game. I do try to get as much as I can out of every team I trade with. Even a little thing like moving up about 10 spots in the 7th round seems to pay dividends later.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down