The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I Crazy?

4 posters

Go down

Am I Crazy? Empty Am I Crazy?

Post by white1 Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:45 pm

Or should we seriously consider Rex Ryan as head coach if we move on wholesale after the season.

I know it is far out there but consider: he got the Jets to two AFC championships. He brings defense with him. He is not a first time head coach, this may help him hire veteran offense staff.

Again. Am I crazy?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/15/rex-ryan-on-robert-saleh-dont-ever-compare-this-guy-to-me/
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Am I Crazy? Empty Re: Am I Crazy?

Post by JMP Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:49 pm

Sorry, white, but if you're even thinking about Rex Ryan as a head coach than yes - you are 100% bat-shit crazy! Razz

I agree with Rex's comments about Robert Saleh. I think Saleh is a total fraud and sold the Jets a bill of goods, just like Gase did to both the Jets and Dolphins.

As for Rex, he's the definition of mediocre: a career winning percentage below .500, and just 2 winning seasons in 8 years - winning double-digit games just once. I'd consider him as a D coordinator, but head coach? Never. He's a loudmouth, classless blowhard whose asshole demeanor has no substance behind it. Parcells was an asshole too - but at least he was a winner.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:23 pm

JMP wrote:He's a loudmouth, classless blowhard whose asshole demeanor has no substance behind it.

And so was his dad, who never even won a playoff game. Also, guys like Ryan are now obsolete, period. Being macho just doesn't work anymore, even if you're not as asshole on top of it. Just look at poor Campbell in Detroit.

Parcells was an asshole too - but at least he was a winner.

And Parcells had diminishing returns with each new stop. He won two SBs with the Giants, reached one SB and lost with the Pats, and reached one AFC title game and lost with the Jets. Even if you count his non-coaching employment in Miami, the best he could do was one playoff appearance (and a loss). Again, the macho hardass act only lasts for so long and when it's gone, it's gone for good.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:02 pm

Well said, 316!

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:12 am

Well there you go.  This season has turned me, a normally optimistic level-headed fan with good reasoning skills, into a desperate maniac spouting off crazy ideas on how to 'FIX THIS"! 

At least I have this board to steer me the right way.  God only knows what would happen otherwise.   Very Happy
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:10 am

white1 wrote:Well there you go.  This season has turned me, a normally optimistic level-headed fan with good reasoning skills, into a desperate maniac spouting off crazy ideas on how to 'FIX THIS"! 

At least I have this board to steer me the right way.  God only knows what would happen otherwise.   Very Happy

We're here for you, white! Very Happy

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to come up with a better candidate! LOL

I think Flores gets one more season anyway.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:39 am

I think Flores gets one more season anyway.

I agree.  If it were me, I would move on from Grier though.  

But Ross will be blinded with what will likely turn out to be a mini-win streak as we face the weaker stretch of our schedule.  The way the Pats are playing... I don't see us beating them in Miami.  The Jets, Carolina, those are three fairly certain wins though.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:35 am

I think we'll beat the Pats. Mac Jones won't know what hit him if we use the defense we used against the Ravens.

If we keep Flores, I think I'd keep Grier too. I think both stay or both go - no more half measures.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:52 pm

I don't think you are crazy, W1.

Ryan could do a fine job in Miami... as could most guys who are competent...IF... and this is the BIGGEST HARDEST IF in in the
NFL IMO.

If the Miami Dolphins could ever get a GM/Personnel manager who could:
A) handle free agency worth a toot
B) DRAFT well
C) make sure the coaching staff thinks and acts for the long term best interest of the team

This means the the GM has to have complete control and be able to force the HC to play players which need development
in a season where wins and losses are not the primary consideration. When you stink and have not shot at the playoffs, you have too start playing with an eye towards developing the younger players and getting ready for next year.

Not many HCs are secure enough to do that.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down