The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions vs. Jags + Xavien and Parker injured and Tua back

+2
JMP
CarsonChris
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Predictions vs. Jags + Xavien and Parker injured and Tua back Empty Predictions vs. Jags + Xavien and Parker injured and Tua back

Post by CarsonChris Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:40 pm

Hopefully we have the big 3 ready to go Sunday. We need a game where we curb stomp the competition. This could be the game that gets us going in the right direction. Wins feel better than losses and everyone needs a pick me up right now!

Dolphins 27-20 vs Jags

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Predictions vs. Jags + Xavien and Parker injured and Tua back Empty Re: Predictions vs. Jags + Xavien and Parker injured and Tua back

Post by JMP Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:11 pm

As much as I want to win, I'd strongly consider sitting all 3. Here's why:
--Howard is clearly not healthy and looked like garbage last week. Let him get back on track with a week off.
--Parker sucks when he plays hurt. He's better off not playing at all, because he's a liability when he plays injured.
--No need to rush Tua back when the season is already over, especially for a game in fucking London. Let him get as close to 100% as possible so we can see what he can do. Throwing with broken ribs is not a smart idea.

Either way, I am not feeling very confident about this game. I think James Robinson and Trevor Lawrence will shred this pathetic defense. Something like 30-17 Jags.

I hope I'm wrong but I think our next win might have to wait till November 7 against the Texans, who might be the only team worse than us.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Predictions vs. Jags + Xavien and Parker injured and Tua back Empty Re: Predictions vs. Jags + Xavien and Parker injured and Tua back

Post by JMP Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:08 am

**Since we made score predictions here, I adjusted the thread title.**

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:13 am

Jags win 34-14. Afterwards the media yammers about Meyers' "redemption" and how Lawrence really was worth the top overall pick and is a Hall Of Famer in the making. Flores insists that nothing will change, and Ross pronounces Grier's job as safe.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:01 am

Jags are really bad. Unfortunately, so are we. I'm hoping to see Tua light a spark, and Phillips continuing to come on and provide some pressure. If we can get this one down to Sanders at the end, a good chance to snap the losing streak. 20-17 Fins.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:41 pm

I was reading a report that Flores lost the locker room. If that's the case Miami is on a major downhill slide. If the team is flat this weekend then it's time to clean house.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:00 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I was reading a report that Flores lost the locker room. If that's the case Miami is on a major downhill slide. If the team is flat this weekend then it's time to clean house.

I wonder how that could've happened? scratch Was it the most nonsensical play call of all time (the Waddle pass safety)? Or the ridiculous O-line shuffling? Maybe it's the constant demanding of players to do everything except what they're best at? Or perhaps the players finally realizing Flores is in over his head? Hmmm...

That would certainly explain why they keep playing worse every week. Of course you can't count on millennials realizing that if they quit or perform their jobs badly on purpose then they suffer along with everybody else but that would require a degree of personal sovereignty and empathy they completely lack due to constant far left indoctrination from birth.

SO glad I'll be missing this battle of teams who've lost all respect for their coaches. Maybe both will try to tank the game and it'll be a tie.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:10 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I was reading a report that Flores lost the locker room. If that's the case Miami is on a major downhill slide. If the team is flat this weekend then it's time to clean house.

I have seen zero evidence that Flores has lost the team. Players are still playing hard and I see strong effort.

BUT...

If the losses continue to pile up, sure, Flores (or any coach in this position) will lose the locker room.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:59 pm

JMP wrote:

I have seen zero evidence that Flores has lost the team. Players are still playing hard and I see strong effort.

BUT...

If the losses continue to pile up, sure, Flores (or any coach in this position) will lose the locker room.

What I read was Flores is nearly impossible to talk to. It's wearing thin with the players. News is from Tua's and many of the other players trainer.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:16 pm

CarsonChris wrote:
JMP wrote:

BUT...

What I read was Flores is nearly impossible to talk to. It's wearing thin with the players. News is from Tua's and many of the other players trainer.

I'm not sure I buy that - sounds like BS to me. He's a young guy and seems pretty cool, and it's also a very young team. He was wearing a Clemson shirt at his last press conference after losing a bet with Christian Wilkins, so that doesn't make me think he's someone that is hard to get along with.

But really, nothing matters but wins and losses. Everyone gets along when the wins are plentiful, and everyone is pissed and angry when the losses pile up. Like I said, if the losing continues, yes, Flores won't be the most popular person in that locker room.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:41 pm

IDK about "easy to get along with". Flores has that look of people who, if you tried to speak to them would snap at you with, "What the hell do YOU want?!"

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:46 pm

But seriously, this is going to be a sad battle of which team is the least motivated. You've got the coach who publicly cheated on his wife--after acting morally superior about non-vaxxers--and then lying about it VS a coach who seems to have lost the locker room and is quickly piling up a history of running off assistants to where nobody wants to work for him. I suspect there will be lots of "alligator arm" plays, light bumping instead of tackling and other "oh darn, I just barely missed making a routine play!" incidents. It really will be a game where neither team wants to win.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:52 am

Like I said, I see no evidence at all that Flores has lost the locker room and I also don't think any assistants are refusing to work for him. We can say a lot of negative things about Flores, but I don't think those particular things are accurate at all.

DolFan 316 wrote:Flores has that look of people who, if you tried to speak to them would snap at you with, "What the hell do YOU want?!"

Really? I don't see that at all. To me he seems like a low-key, level-headed, pretty chill kind of guy. He doesn't come across as an asshole at all in any of his press conferences or on the sideline.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:57 am

Jags role out a couple of trick plays and catch Miami completely off guard. Miami continues to struggle offensively and a defensive score gets them close, but once again, they just can't seal the deal.

Miami - 16
Jacksonville - 17
London - 0

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:04 am

CarsonChris wrote:What I read was Flores is nearly impossible to talk to. It's wearing thin with the players. News is from Tua's and many of the other players trainer.

whether true or not, i can not say, but that's a very similar narrative that was cited by some of the veteran players run off this offseason, Minkah Fitzpatrick (i know JMP will poo poo this), the multiple offensive coordinators (especially the first one) and OLine coaches...and the worst one, was Patrick Graham, the DC who lateraled out to become the Giants DC just to get away from Flores.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:55 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:What I read was Flores is nearly impossible to talk to. It's wearing thin with the players. News is from Tua's and many of the other players trainer.

whether true or not, i can not say, but that's a very similar narrative that was cited by some of the veteran players run off this offseason, Minkah Fitzpatrick (i know JMP will poo poo this), the multiple offensive coordinators (especially the first one) and OLine coaches...and the worst one, was Patrick Graham, the DC who lateraled out to become the Giants DC just to get away from Flores.

The Minkah situation was different...he and his mommy were hellbent on little Minkah playing just one position, and they whined incessantly about it. The coaching staff wanted him to play multiple positions. Keep in mind that Minkah bragged about how he could play multiple positions all throughout the draft process. Minkah and his mommy were becoming a distraction and requested a trade, and on a team with a new coaching staff trying to establish a culture, Minkah was used as an example and was shipped out. (Minkah is having an awful season, BTW.)

Patrick Graham, as I recall, asked for permission to interview with the Giants because he was great friends with Joe Judge. The Dolphins granted him that permission. As far as I know, there was no bad blood at all between Graham and Flores. If I had to guess, I think Flores wanted to promote Boyer for fear of losing him to another team, and wasn't all that concerned about losing Graham. I also recall hearing Graham say that he always wanted to be a Giants' coach - it was his dream job.

Anyway, these stories only come out when a team is losing. When the team is winning, everybody loves each other and it's all rainbows and butterflies. Winning cures all.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:15 am

Ewww...what's that smell in here? Must be all that POO POO Razz

Seriously, a team doesn't go from 10-6 one season to 1-4 the next without some dissention in the ranks. People keep saying Flores is hard to work with and talk to, like the Watson situation it's starting to add up to a number too large for all of them to be lying...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:21 am

DolFan 316 wrote:like the Watson situation it's starting to add up to a number too large for all of them to be lying...

LOL So now you believe the Watson crap? I can't tell you how many "stories" I've read saying "A trade with the Dolphins and Texans will be done by the end of the day/week/whatever!" over the past 2 months. It's ALL bullshit. The Dolphins are not now and never were trading for Watson this season. No team is, because his situation will not be cleared up by the trade deadline. I don't know why that is so hard to understand.

You of all people should know that the number of people saying something has no correlation whatsoever to whether it is true or not.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:31 am

JMP wrote:LOL So now you believe the Watson crap?  I can't tell you how many "stories" I've read saying "A trade with the Dolphins and Texans will be done by the end of the day/week/whatever!" over the past 2 months.  It's ALL bullshit.  The Dolphins are not now and never were trading for Watson this season.  No team is, because his situation will not be cleared up by the trade deadline.   I don't know why that is so hard to understand.

You of all people should know that the number of people saying something has no correlation whatsoever to whether it is true or not.

I was talking about his accusers. You really DO need to relax Shocked Dr. 316 prescribes a vacation/romantic getaway. (My sister's doing it as I type.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:45 pm

UPDATE:
Parker and Howard are both OUT for Sunday's game. Tua is expected to play, barring a setback.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:11 pm

As long as Iggy doesn't play, that's all I ask. He'll lose the game all by himself!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:13 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:As long as Iggy doesn't play, that's all I ask. He'll lose the game all by himself!

Well, Byron Jones may not play either - so Iggy might actually be active!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:18 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:As long as Iggy doesn't play, that's all I ask. He'll lose the game all by himself!

Well, Byron Jones may not play either - so Iggy might actually be active!!

Well that's it then, I change my prediction to Jags 45 Fins 20 (thanks to a garbage time TD). After the game Iggy gets cut as a scapegoat.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:55 pm

Iggy has been studying Madden all summer long. Don't worry he's crushing everyone on Madden. He's got this!

CarsonChris

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:27 am

WRs Isaiah Ford and Kirk Merritt will be on the roster for Sunday's game.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next