The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Achane injured, on IR

+3
finfanatic
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Achane injured, on IR Empty Achane injured, on IR

Post by CarsonChris Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:58 am

What a surprise he's turned out to be. We need to give him more touches and see what he's capable of! He's got to be a favorite for rookie of the year!

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Achane injured, on IR Empty Re: Achane injured, on IR

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:47 pm

I want him to get that so bad, but CJ Stroud must be stopped somehow in a way that doesn't involve me rooting for injury!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:04 pm

Well, he is sorta smallish, so...

Still, if McD keeps using him like he has so far and maybe schemes to get the him the ball in more open areas as well... who knows?

I was kinda-sorta wanting Tyjae Spears instead of Achane, but I am really glad McD ( had to be him and not Grier!) went for Achane.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:43 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I want him to get that so bad, but CJ Stroud must be stopped somehow in a way that doesn't involve me rooting for injury!

You forget he plays for the worst organization in all of football. He will land soon
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:15 pm

Achane is being evaluated for a knee injury. At this point, it doesn't sound serious - but we'll know more later in the week.

Achane has been ridiculously phenomenal - his combo of speed, power and elusiveness is truly special.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:02 am

Well, this sucks.

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

Dolphins RB De’Von Achane is likely to miss multiple weeks with the knee injury he suffered in Sunday’s win over the #Giants, sources tell me and @RapSheet

It’s not season-ending, but the team is continuing to gather info and evaluate next steps.

Or maybe it isn't so bad after all:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
#Dolphins rookie sensation De’Von Achane is week-to-week going forward. It shouldn’t be a prolonged absence for the player with 460 yards and 5 TDs already.

Guess we'll learn more later today or tomorrow:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

De’Von Achane is getting a second opinion today that will determine whether or not injured reserve is necessary.

Gotta love the media these days. Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:12 am

It's the Claypool Effect taking hold, I tell you!!! Yes, I'm completely serious. As long as HE'S on the team there will be nothing but massive, mounting misfortune going forward!!!

WHY can't we ever have nice things??? WHYYYYYYYYYYY?!?! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:17 am

LOL Of course it has nothing to do with Claypool. Injuries happen all the time. Justin Jefferson is about to go on IR for the Vikes, and the Bills have lost 3 defensive players for the year in the past 2 games. The Achane injury sucks, but I'd say we're getting off easy on the injury front - so far.

Good news is Jeff Wilson is coming off IR. Not sure when he'll be activated, but that softens the blow if Achane misses games.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:50 am

Too bad Grier couldn't resist his urges for one more weekend, he could've had Claypool for nothing if he wanted him so badly and used what he gave away in that trade to get another RB which the Fins now actually need. But nope, Grier gonna Grier (sighs). Evil or Very Mad

Also, McDaniel could play that Chris Brooks guy. Remember him? He only has the longest run by any Fins RB not named Achane, that's all.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:15 am

JMP wrote:LOL Of course it has nothing to do with Claypool.  Injuries happen all the time.  Justin Jefferson is about to go on IR for the Vikes, and the Bills have lost 3 defensive players for the year in the past 2 games.  The Achane injury sucks, but I'd say we're getting off easy on the injury front - so far.

Good news is Jeff Wilson is coming off IR.  Not sure when he'll be activated, but that softens the blow if Achane misses games.

Achane's done for the season, we all know it. "No big deal" sure turned into "out for the year" real quick...

Other team's injuries have even less to do with this team's than I said Claypool did BTW. It's not as if there's a NFL rule that requires all teams to have an equal number of players on IR.

The Panthers *should* be the one team they don't need Achane to beat, except for You Know Who.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:23 am

Wilson, Mostert, and Brooks should be a nice triumvirate of RBs.

A shame if Achane misses too much time. He was on the verge of reaching "special" this season IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:31 am

finfanatic wrote:Wilson, Mostert, and Brooks should be a nice triumvirate of RBs.

A shame if Achane misses too much time. He was on the verge of reaching "special" this season IMO.

Yep. Don't forget Ahmed - he'll be in the mix too.

Brooks was in on 7 snaps Sunday - and used primarily as a blocker! He looked good to me - and with that success, it now gives McD even more options for formations moving forward.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:33 am

finfanatic wrote:Wilson, Mostert, and Brooks should be a nice triumvirate of RBs.

ON THE VERGE?!?! He was so beyond special he made special look ordinary!

(Sighs.)

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:07 am

What was that RBs name for Washington in the SB who had a breakout game? Tim Smith?

And then fizzled?

Achane was looking great I agree, but he has to do it for a sustained period to be special IMO.

The knock on Achane was his size and how would he hold up to the pounding of the NFL.

Anyway, I hope he is not going to miss too much time.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP, DolFan 316 and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:38 pm

It's the nature of playing running back, injuries are going to happen. Look around the league. The reason I know is most of them are on my fantasy roster: Aaron Jones, Ekeler has been out since week 1, Barkely narrowly avoided the dreaded "high ankle sprain", the Baltimore running back (now he's been injury prone), Javonte Wiliams in Denver - and we just finished week 5.

Makes more and more sense to have a platoon/committee of backs instead of thinking you can draft the next Ezekiel Elliott - these guys are going to get hurt, you have to have capable backs in threes...
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:30 pm

Is Gaskin still out there?

McD doesn't like him for some reason, but he is a decent RB IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:35 pm

finfanatic wrote:Is Gaskin still out there?

McD doesn't like him for some reason, but he is a decent RB IMO.

I think he is, but the Phins clearly aren't interested at this time. They just added RB Jake Funk to the practice squad. He had been with the Colts.

The Phins added Funk because the Bears poached Darrynton Evans from our PS after Khalil Herbert got injured.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:13 pm

white1 wrote:It's the nature of playing running back, injuries are going to happen.  Look around the league.  The reason I know is most of them are on my fantasy roster:  Aaron Jones, Ekeler has been out since week 1, Barkely narrowly avoided the dreaded "high ankle sprain", the Baltimore running back (now he's been injury prone), Javonte Wiliams in Denver - and we just finished week 5.

Makes more and more sense to have a platoon/committee of backs instead of thinking you can draft the next Ezekiel Elliott - these guys are going to get hurt, you have to have capable backs in threes...

Don't tell us, tell the SJW group of RBs who think they're being oppressed because teams refuse to wreck their caps for them. Maybe it's just me, but the media doesn't seem to be talking about those guys lately for some odd reason scratch It's almost like they've done a horrible job of making their case or something...

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:57 pm

Panthers, Eagles, Pats. This is sounding like the Dolphins are getting ready to make a move at the deadline.

McD already told everyone he loves speed. The only other back in the room thats not the same as the others is Brooks. I think the Achane deal is a little bit of smoke and mirrors. The unfortunate injury to Wilson and Ahmed opened the gates for Achane. It accelerated his learning curve. But the most important thing is that it allowed McD even more creativity for the top 2 speed RB's in the league and kills every team because there is a literally a 4x100 team on the field.

I think the play is for them to show that Wilson is recovered and ready to contribute to someone else's team. I think thats why they let Cedric Wilson play last week too. I think Wilson and Wilson and Maybe Wilkins might be good enough for us to get an upgrade at LB. While you at it we might be able to get Ogbah out of there too.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:12 am

Why mess up your offense with a fake injury to one of your top players just to try to trade Jeff Wilson for a probable 6th or 7th round pick?

And with Ced Wilson's contract, I think a 7th is the best we could get. At that price, why trade him when he can be a valuable depth piece in case we get even more injuries at WR?

As for Wilkins, trading your best defensive player in the midst of a Super Bowl run would not make any sense. Adding a LB isn't going to help if you significantly weaken your DL.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:53 pm

Achane is officially on IR, so he will miss at least 4 weeks.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:02 pm

BTW - with this IR move, the Phins only have 2 short-term IR spots left. That sucks.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:39 pm

The Phins have added the Funk!!!

He was one of my late round RB picks for the Phins. He had a great pre-draft video showing his athletic ability but so far he has not done much in the NFL.

I HOPE Grier refrains from sending draft picks for players who MIGHT help this season but be gone next year.

But, I would not doubt Grier is trying his best to get some often-injured player on the roster.

SIGH

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:29 pm

Everyone needs to step up.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:01 pm

DEVASTATING!!! HEARTBREAKING!!! UTTERLY SOUL CRUSHING!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

If the Fins actually manage to lose to the 0-5 Panthers at home I will be leaving here indefinitely and not thinking about this team anymore.

'Twas Achane driving the offense, not Tua. That's how great he was. The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long...

(Sighs.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next