The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins-Bills score predictions

+4
mercury22nathan
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
JMP
8 posters

Go down

Dolphins-Bills score predictions Empty Dolphins-Bills score predictions

Post by JMP Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:19 am

OK, let the ugliness begin.

I really, really want to say that I think the Phins will pull off a major upset - but I'd be lying.

This one is going to be an epic slaughter. The Miami defense can't get to the QB and can't cover anyone - and the Bills will absolutely exploit those weaknesses. I do feel like the Dolphins can put up some points IF Tua can continue to avoid the constant pressure he'll see and get the ball out quickly - but whatever Tua does, it won't be enough. Not behind this OL.

This game will be over long before halftime. I'm thinking something like 52-31...but it won't really be that close.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins-Bills score predictions Empty Re: Dolphins-Bills score predictions

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:38 am

Bills by 50. Yes, I'm serious.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:43 am

I can't imagine what it's like to be Tua Tagovailoa at this time. I have no idea how the kid is even functioning. It's one thing to move on from a QB if he's given time and a team that's competitive. Tua has been given a pile of shit. Not only has Grier given Tua a pile of shit to work with but they keep piling the shit on.
Worst pass blocking line in the NFL
No running game
2/3 of your receivers are out every week
Defense that couldn't stop grandma in a wheelchair while she's pulling an oxygen tank.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Tua pick but he hasn't been the problem the last 2 games.

If the team wants to move on from Tua do it with class. Instead they look like they're dumping the girl next door for a skanky ass street walker.

Bills 59 Dolphins 3

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:50 am

CarsonChris wrote:If the team wants to move on from Tua do it with class. Instead they look like they're dumping the girl next door for a skanky ass street walker.

But what if the girl next door *is* the skanky ass street walker? Wink

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:51 am

CarsonChris wrote:Tua has been given a pile of shit. Not only has Grier given Tua a pile of shit to work with but they keep piling the shit on.

Perfectly stated - this is a perfect description of this mess.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
But what if the girl next door *is* the skanky ass street walker? Wink

Then you made some poor life decisions coming up😂

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:59 am

Watson will truly be the skanky ass street walker when he gets to jail. If he goes to gen pop, he's going to make a lot of new "friends", no doubt about that.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:06 am

Tua plays a solid game, but its not enough (or his fault). Tua plays well and moves the ball, but i foresee a couple of fumbles by our "forced into action because the starters can't stay healthy backup WRs" undoing promising drives. and then another couple drives killed by OL false starts.

the Bills are already up by at least 3 scores when they make wholesale lineup changes to get the backups some playing time...and even those guys get into the endzone against Miami's whiffle defense.

Miami - 17
Buffalo - 49

Dolphin's defenders take solace in the fact Buffalo didn't crack 50 and promise to try harder next time.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:08 am

I keep coming back to Grier.  Yes, he has us in great salary cap shape.  The flip side of that coin is we have one - ONE - blue chip talent in X Howard.  And a corner can't be very good if there is no pass rush, and we have no pass rush. 

He's constantly drafting and signing guys with extensive injury history "because value".  So that leads to guys like Parker, Williams, Fuller, and Grant (for years) making this team and then promptly missing time to injury. 

I don't know how to explain the o-line except abject incompetence.  Drafting ten guys and signing five more in free agency and the starting five are still not good enough, with street free agents or practice squad players coming in from other teams AND STARTING.  It's just mind boggling.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:14 am

white1 wrote:I keep coming back to Grier.  Yes, he has us in great salary cap shape.  The flip side of that coin is we have one - ONE - blue chip talent in X Howard.  And a corner can't be very good if there is no pass rush, and we have no pass rush. 

He's constantly drafting and signing guys with extensive injury history "because value".  So that leads to guys like Parker, Williams, Fuller, and Grant (for years) making this team and then promptly missing time to injury. 

I don't know how to explain the o-line except abject incompetence.  Drafting ten guys and signing five more in free agency and the starting five are still not good enough, with street free agents or practice squad players coming in from other teams AND STARTING.  It's just mind boggling.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the scouting department's complete inability to properly evaluate O-line talent goes at least as far back as '95. You remember '95 don't you? The infamous Billy Milner/Andrew Greene draft debacle in a disastrous attempt to recreate the success of the Webb/Sims draft of five years before.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:08 am

Good post, white. I think we're well passed the point in this rebuild where "value" matters. I'm not sauing that we should spend like a drunken sailor in free agency like the Patriots just did, but at some point you need to stop pinching pennies and start swinging for the fences. (How's that for mixed metaphors...3 in one sentence! LOL)

Get some real coaches in here and spend money on a couple of GREAT players - and then we might have something. (And of course - start drafting some difference-makers too!!!)

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:13 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
white1 wrote:I keep coming back to Grier.  Yes, he has us in great salary cap shape.  The flip side of that coin is we have one - ONE - blue chip talent in X Howard.  And a corner can't be very good if there is no pass rush, and we have no pass rush. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the scouting department's complete inability to properly evaluate O-line talent goes at least as far back as '95. You remember '95 don't you? The infamous Billy Milner/Andrew Greene draft debacle in a disastrous attempt to recreate the success of the Webb/Sims draft of five years before.

That 1995 draft is the ultimate cautionary tale in completely disregarding the future in favor of the present.

As you'll recall, the heat was on Shula once Jimmy Johnson resigned from the Cowboys and the 1994 team blew that 21-6 lead in San Diego. That horrible loss really was the beginning of the end, since it directly led to the JJ era and inevitable Wanny Error once the former began.

Shula signed every free agent he could find for 1995 to try and replicate the 1994 success the 49ers had in doing the same. He whiffed on Deion, who predictably went to Dallas eventually, but signed Eric Green and discarded Keith Jackson (an actual downgrade--Green was bigger, a better blocker, and prone to give less than his best effort. What an ideal guy to give a big FA contract to!), signed Gary Clark, etc. Not all was bad. Trace Armstrong was a nice pickup and productive for several seasons.

But in the draft, he left himself no other option but to address the O-line, because the FA focus was on virtually every other area of the team. And with 1995 being a do or die season for Shula, there would be no picks on guys who might take a while to develop.

After Korey Stringer was snatched up one spot in front of us, Milner was clearly a panic pick, and a bad one. Blake Brockermeyer, who would have been what we really wanted, was taken 4 picks later. HOF LB Derrick Brooks wasn't even considered; he helped TB win a SB later after going 3 picks later. Matt O'Dwyer and Zach Wiegart were long-time starters at G who also would have been fine there, and went within the next 12 picks. Andrew Greene was a complete disaster, taken one pick before Scott Gragg (starter for a decade at RT) and 3 spots before a multi-year starter in Barrett Brooks at the same position.

Just panic mode. There were two picks who amounted to something later on, but Pete Mitchell was traded to Jax stupidly for journeyman WR Mike Williams (must win NOWWWWWW!) and then a real gem, Norman Hand, didn't survive the regime change to JJ but had a great career in San Diego and New Orleans.

Ugh. God I hate revisiting that draft and season.....

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:32 am

DolFan 316 wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, the scouting department's complete inability to properly evaluate O-line talent goes at least as far back as '95. You remember '95 don't you? The infamous Billy Milner/Andrew Greene draft debacle in a disastrous attempt to recreate the success of the Webb/Sims draft of five years before.

yes, to this a thousand times. the Dolphins have been unable to identify o-line talent (especially mid-round developmental talent) for years!!!

and when they do happen to fall into a guy who might have as yet unrealized potential with raw talent, the constant churning of inept o-line coaching has failed to delivery.

Billy Turner. total failure in Miami has become a more than serviceable RT in Green Bay. maybe this development took time. more time than Miami had to give, but i saw nothing that the Phins did to help move this talented college OT in the right direction.

Jermaine Eluemunor. he was in Miami's training camp this year and let go in favor of the losers now filling Miami's o-line. while he's still developing and is most likely just a capable backup, he did start 3 games for the Raiders due to injury and one of those was the Dolphins game in which he outplayed Miami's starters and opened holes for several of LV's gashing long runs. Phins let him go and he's playing better than what they got - but he probably wouldn't be playing nearly as well under this crap coaching.

Ereck Flowers. a highly drafted bust at LT for the GIants/Jax. goes to Washington and revives his career with a very good year at LG. this leads to Miami obtaining him. he is a failure in Miami and shipped out as an overpaid mistake. now back in Washington, he has started every single offensive snap. he has not committed a single penalty and allowed only 1 sack (on a pretty bad team). what the difference between the year before and after Miami and the year in Miami... coaching.

nufff said.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:44 am

Ever read David vs Goliath?

Davey gets his ass kicked this time.
JEGnj
JEGnj

HalCHorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:27 pm

Oh, and the score Sunday? My guess is Buffalo 41, Miami 20.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:59 pm

merc wrote:coaching.

nufff said.

Yep - I lay the blame for the horrendous OL directly at the feet of the OL coach, Lemuel Jeanpierre. Every player from last season (except Deiter) has gotten SIGNIFICANTLY worse this season. And while Eich was borderline-great in college, he looks less than mediocre playing for Jeanpierre. Jeanpierre seems like a cool dude - but he is clearly NOT getting the job done. It's inexcusable for these guys to be playing so poorly.

JMP
Admin

white1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:48 am

I am expecting another game where the Bills beat the Phins like a rented mule!

The Phins even last year did not match up well with the Bills, and it has gotten even more lopsided since then.

It will be UGLY for Miami I think.

But maybe... it will be so bad Ross fires grier and Flores.

Neutral
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down