The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Score predictions - Phins vs. Seahawks

+7
HalCHorn
Birdmond
finskev
rightchea
DolFan 316
mercury22nathan
JMP
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Score predictions - Phins vs. Seahawks Empty Score predictions - Phins vs. Seahawks

Post by JMP Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:53 am

What do you guys think?  Do we have a chance?  Can we at least keep it close?

I say no on both counts.

I'm going with 24-10, Seahawks.  I expect the Phins' offense to come out flat and get shut out in the first half.  I think Wilson absolutely shreds the Dolphins early and the 'Hawks run all over us in the second half.  It's going to be ugly IMO.

Last edited by JMP on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Score predictions - Phins vs. Seahawks Empty Re: Score predictions - Phins vs. Seahawks

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:02 am

Seahawks - 34
Dolphins - 13

With the Phins suffering at least one season-ending injury to a prominent player.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Score predictions - Phins vs. Seahawks Empty Re: Score predictions - Phins vs. Seahawks

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:13 am

Seahawks win 23-0 as Carroll takes it easy on them knowing it's just the opener. Followed by a week of the local media telling us we're bad people for daring to think Tannehill is anything close to a bust.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:15 am

JMP wrote:I'm going with 24-10, Seahawks.

You actually think they'll only lose by 14?!?! Shocked You're more optimistic than I thought! Razz Laughing

Also, a mere 14-point loss not only won't be ugly, it'll be one of the best games they'll play by this season's standards. I'll even go as far as to say that if they ONLY lose by 14 it might actually be a sign of better things to come.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:17 am

mercury22nathan wrote:Seahawks - 34
Dolphins - 13

With the Phins suffering at least one season-ending injury to a prominent player.

Which one? Put your money where your mouth is Razz

I gotta say, I'm loving finally being in an atmosphere where I'm not told what to think and how to think it BTW. You all know what I'm talking about.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:25 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:I'm going with 24-10, Seahawks.

You actually think they'll only lose by 14?!?! Shocked You're more optimistic than I thought! Razz Laughing

Also, a mere 14-point loss not only won't be ugly, it'll be one of the best games they'll play by this season's standards. I'll even go as far as to say that if they ONLY lose by 14 it might actually be a sign of better things to come.

The Seahawks will take a big lead early, and will call off the dogs in the second half to coast to an easy victory.

The final score may be only a 14 points difference, but it's going to be very one-sided.  I think the Phins get a FG in the 3rd and a late garbage-time TD in the 4th.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:31 am

I thought about Tannehill's penchant for garbage time scores to boost his numbers when I made my prediction, but in this situation I don't even think he'll manage a pity score this time.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:41 am

Well since Miami has beat the Hawks the last time they played and also the fact that the Seahawks don't have their work horse in the backfield anymore I have a feeling that this game will be close. Also just for joking sake.....Everytime I watch or have gone to a Seahawk/Fin game Miami has won, so lets hope luck on our side.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:15 pm

rightchea wrote:Well since Miami has beat the Hawks the last time they played and also the fact that the Seahawks don't have their work horse in the backfield anymore I have a feeling that this game will be close. Also just for joking sake.....Everytime I watch or have gone to a Seahawk/Fin game Miami has won, so lets hope luck on our side.

I'm glad someone is positive!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:21 pm

I have a Church function so I will DVR this Game and I won't have to Suffer as Bad when I end up ffwrd thru the beat down. 27-10 hawks.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:39 pm

Yeah I'm also predicting a big day on the ground for Seattle. But I don't much care for Seattle's red zone offense with two of the worst guards in the NFL. I'm thinking Seattle kicks 5 goals and Miami wins

Miami; 26
Seattle: 15

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:35 pm

Birdmond wrote:Yeah I'm also predicting a big day on the ground for Seattle.   But I don't much care for Seattle's red zone offense with two of the worst guards in the NFL.  I'm thinking Seattle kicks 5 goals and Miami wins

Miami;  26
Seattle:  15

cheers   That would be outstanding!  I won't hold my breath, but I will be praying that you are right!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:13 pm

I think this team will play better as the season goes on, but the early going is going to be rough.

Seattle 41, Miami 14

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:27 pm

Birdmond wrote:Yeah I'm also predicting a big day on the ground for Seattle.   But I don't much care for Seattle's red zone offense with two of the worst guards in the NFL.  I'm thinking Seattle kicks 5 goals and Miami wins

Miami;  26
Seattle:  15

Since when did they decide to trade for Thomas and Turner, and how did I not find out about this??? Shocked

Also, that would be quite the feat seeing as the Seahawks haven't lost by more than one score at home in 5 years and have only two such losses in the Russell Wilson Era, period.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&year_min=2011&year_max=2015&game_type=R&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt&game_result=L&team_id=sea&team_conf_id=All+Conferences&team_div_id=All+Divisions&opp_conf_id=All+Conferences&opp_div_id=All+Divisions&team_off_scheme=Any+Scheme&team_def_align=Any+Alignment&opp_off_scheme=Any+Scheme&opp_def_align=Any+Alignment&c1stat=points_diff&c1comp=lt&c1val=-9&c2stat=choose&c2comp=gt&c3stat=choose&c3comp=gt&c4stat=choose&c4comp=gt&c5comp=choose&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=choose&order_by=game_date

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:41 pm

HalCHorn wrote:I think this team will play better as the season goes on, but the early going is going to be rough.

Seattle 41, Miami 14

If they give up that many in the opener, before the inevitable wave of injuries hits, then this D will be a serious candidate for worst in NFL history. I already think they'll be the worst in Fins history BTW.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:12 pm

Miami 5
Seattle 12

Five field goals and a bad-snap on a punt safety.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:00 am

Against all logic, I am feeling an upset. Would make for a really fun week 1 and post-game news cycle.

Dolphins 17
Seahawks 13

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:25 am

thought you guys might like to see how our predictions compare to the folks over at the Sun Sentinel.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-staff-predictions-miami-dolphins-at-seattle-seahawks-20160908-htmlstory.html

hint: all but one predict a Phins loss.

i wonder if Omar's colleagues realize how stupid he is, but just tolerate him nonetheless.

Omar wrote:This game will be won and lost at the line of scrimmage, where the Dolphins have an edge on paper.

he correctly predicts that Seattle will win, but how can he do that after saying the game will be decided by something you believe (incorrectly) in which Miami has the edge? he later says that the Seahawks will win because Wilson is better than Tannehill (true), but then it won't be won on the line of scrimmage where he previous stated (incorrectly) the Phins have an edge. duh. and this guy gets paid to write this stuff?

now, the sports editor did bring up a good point i had not considered which makes me wonder if my prediction of the Phins scoring 13 is too generous.

Selig wrote:For all he’s done as an offensive coach, Adam Gase hasn’t solved Seattle’s defense. His Broncos were held to eight points in Super Bowl XLVIII, 20 points in a home loss to the Seahawks in 2014, and last year his Bears were shut out in Seattle. It’s a big ask for a new offense to come together in Week 1 in this environment.

so with superior talent, Gase's offense has averaged less that 10 points against Seattle's defense in the last 3 attempts - and put up a goose egg in Seattle.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:40 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
now, the sports editor did bring up a good point i had not considered which makes me wonder if my prediction of the Phins scoring 13 is too generous.

Selig wrote:For all he’s done as an offensive coach, Adam Gase hasn’t solved Seattle’s defense. His Broncos were held to eight points in Super Bowl XLVIII, 20 points in a home loss to the Seahawks in 2014, and last year his Bears were shut out in Seattle. It’s a big ask for a new offense to come together in Week 1 in this environment.

so with superior talent, Gase's offense has averaged less that 10 points against Seattle's defense in the last 3 attempts - and put up a goose egg in Seattle.

Wow, that is very interesting.  I guess we'll see if Gase has finally figured out that Seattle D....

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:05 pm

Shit.

I almost posted something about the Gase track record against Seattle earlier. Worse than I thought. Wow.

This one, it could get ugly boys.

Now, I'm not saying "Gase is shit, fire him". I fully expect him to improve over time as he grows with the HC role, and he certainly has better cred than either Philbin or Sparano coming in to the job. Plus, early reports from camp indicate he has critical qualities needed for success: He can motivate, he can lead, and he knows how to game plan. And, he built a pretty darn good staff.

However, this week, with this offense, against this opponent - and a long road trip away game? We are WAY, overmatched.

See - that's the logic in me. However, I stand with my prediction. Somehow I feel an upset coming. Don't ask me why.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:09 pm

Cutler didn't play in the Seattle game last year. Jimmy Clausen went 9-17 for 63 yards, Bears only ran 44 Plays for the Whole Game.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:15 pm

finskev wrote:Cutler didn't play in the Seattle game last year. Jimmy Clausen went 9-17 for 63 yards, Bears only ran 44 Plays for the Whole Game.

And this is why we've got the best Fins site on the net cheers (Don't worry guys, I heart you all Very Happy )

Even I heard about this game, it's the one where John Fox decided the Bears would punt on literally every single possession without a single 4th down attempt.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201509270sea.htm

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:17 pm

BTW I find it interesting that 6 of the 7 predictors have the Seahawks scoring between 24 and 27 points. Remarkable consistency from that standpoint. I guess the last guy thinks they'll get a pick six or something.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:18 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:i wonder if Omar's colleagues realize how stupid he is, but just tolerate him nonetheless.

Omar wrote:This game will be won and lost at the line of scrimmage, where the Dolphins have an edge on paper.

he correctly predicts that Seattle will win, but how can he do that after saying the game will be decided by something you believe (incorrectly) in which Miami has the edge?  he later says that the Seahawks will win because Wilson is better than Tannehill (true), but then it won't be won on the line of scrimmage where he previous stated (incorrectly) the Phins have an edge.  duh.  and this guy gets paid to write this stuff?

They keep him around because believe it or not, he brings in more views and hits than probably the rest of them combined, which says a lot about society in general.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:19 pm

finskev wrote:Cutler didn't play in the Seattle game last year. Jimmy Clausen went 9-17 for 63 yards, Bears only ran 44 Plays for the Whole Game.

So what happened...Boy Genius Gase the "QB whisperer" couldn't get anything out of Clausen? geek

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next