The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Score predictions - Phins vs. Patriots

+3
Degarmo
JMP
mercury22nathan
7 posters

Go down

Score predictions - Phins vs. Patriots Empty Score predictions - Phins vs. Patriots

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:31 pm

offense continues to sputter for 3 1/2 quarters with a garbage time touchdown and failed 2-point conversion attempt. and the defense doesn't get blown out, but NE does just enough to show they're still the boss (no matter who they plug in).

NE - 24
Miami - 12

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Score predictions - Phins vs. Patriots Empty Re: Score predictions - Phins vs. Patriots

Post by JMP Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:59 pm

On offense, I just don't see how the Phins are going to produce points.  The OL can't run block, and the Patriots stout defense will be all over the Dolphins' short passing game.  I think Arian Foster can have a big day as a receiver, but will it be enough?  Nope.  Look for Tannehill to have his second consecutive 0-TD game.

On defense, I think it comes down to how well the Dolphin LBs can contain the Patriot backs and receivers in the short passing game.  The Pats rely on their receivers taking short passes and converting them to big plays by breaking tackles and making receivers miss.  I think that feeds right into the weaknesses of the Dolphin LBs.  I think Amendola, Edelman and James White will have huge games.  And...I don't see anyone on this defense that can contain Gronk for 60 minutes.  You can put Jones on him much of the time, but that just opens things up for other receivers.  I don't think pass rush will be a factor, because the Pats get the ball out too quickly.  Overall, I think the Phins' D is very much outmatched in this one.

And then you have coaching...and it's no contest.

Patriots 27, Dolphins 9

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Score predictions - Phins vs. Patriots Empty Re: Score predictions - Phins vs. Patriots

Post by Degarmo Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Weak Dolphins secondary and quick passing game = big loss in my estimation.

Pats 31, Dolphins 6

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:39 pm

The way my fantasy draft fell I ended up with the Pats defense.

I have no problem starting them this week. I play fantasy football to win with my head, not my heart.

That tells you all you need to know on how I think this one turns out.

Pats - 28 (some of these will be DEF TD returns)
Miami - 7
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:24 am

I have no clue. I'm curious to see what Gase does. I don't think you'll see the short passing game considering NE's DB's just aren't that good. I'm really looking forward to seeing this defense again, even without Mario. Since I'm a homer I'll say:

Dolphins 12
Patriots 6

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:38 am

I actually think the Pats' DBs are very good, especially Butler and McCourty.  I think the Phins will have a tough time against them.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:21 am

I suspect the Pats to emulate the Seahawks defense, look to stuff the run and drop in zone and come up and smack the receiver every time Tannehill tosses one a yard behind the LOS.

Unless the Phins figure out how to get some sort of rushing attack, I think this offense is going to suck the big wazoo for a while!

And even then...with Tannehill at the helm, I keep suspecting to hear someone screech, "We're on the rocks...Again!!!"

SIGH

Razz

Oh the EDIT is for : Pats -27...Phins- 13
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:35 pm

I predicted Starting 2-2 in the First 4 Games, So this be the second Loss than we beat the Browns & Bengals, We have done pretty good against the Bengals for some reason.

Pats- 20
Fins- 13

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:30 pm

Sounds like Mario Williams and DeVante Parker should both play on Sunday. That's good news, but I'm not sure it will be enough. I wonder how many snaps Parker will actually get?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down