The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officially last place in the east

4 posters

Go down

Officially last place in the east Empty Officially last place in the east

Post by CarsonChris Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:21 pm

Jets beat Cincinnati behind 400 yard performance by Mike White!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Officially last place in the east Empty Re: Officially last place in the east

Post by JMP Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:27 pm

Mike White lost the game early, and then took it back late!  Crazy game.

The Dolphins are the worst team in the NFL IMO, let alone the AFC East.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:16 pm

I have absolutely no idea who this Mike White guy is, or that Zach Wilson was even hurt Shocked Shocked Shocked

Calling it now, Jets are sweeping this team and the Fins are losing out to go 1-16, while the Lions scrape together two wins to avoid being the bottom of the barrel.

Speaking of the Lions, the taint of this team is so strong even former Fins coaches can't do anything right!

BTW a part of me can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, Reid Sinnett could've done something similar but we'll never know now (sighs).

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:22 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I have absolutely no idea who this Mike White guy is, or that Zach Wilson was even hurt Shocked Shocked Shocked

Calling it now, Jets are sweeping this team and the Fins are losing out to go 1-16, while the Lions scrape together two wins to avoid being the bottom of the barrel.

Speaking of the Lions, the taint of this team is so strong even former Fins coaches can't do anything right!

Other than who the 49ers picked in last years draft they got a grww we at deal. Picking #2.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:50 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Other than who the 49ers picked in last years draft they got a grww we at deal. Picking #2.

Trying to decipher what this means scratch

What I do know is that this was pretty much the worst possible Sunday of outcomes for this team. Jets and Pats win, with Herbert letting me down the one time I want him to come through. 49ers win, lowering that first a little more. Jags, Falcons and Colts lose, making this team look even more pathetic. I can't even be that happy about the Bucs' loss since they were swept by the Saints last season and won the SB anyway.

At least the unbeaten Cards lost, that's something. Of course if they'd played today they'd have won.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:11 pm

BTW I could only find two other times in franchise history this team was swept by more combined points in a season. The Bills beat them by a combined 63 in their first season of '66 and in '10 the Pats won both meetings by a combined 58. The Bills this season won by a total of 50.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:09 pm

Lol, 49ers got a great deal with our pick. I think we are 2nd to last

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:58 am

Grier was in good shape when he traded down to 12.  Trading up to 6 overall - FOR A RECEIVER - was not only arrogant it was down right dumb.  

Put DeVonta Smith on this team instead of Waddle, and the results are exactly the same.  Smith looking pretty good in Philly I don't question his talent. 

But the better move would have been OL all day long.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:43 am

Micah Parsons would have been the best move. Best player available.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:56 pm

white1 wrote:Grier was in good shape when he traded down to 12.  Trading up to 6 overall - FOR A RECEIVER - was not only arrogant it was down right dumb.  

Put DeVonta Smith on this team instead of Waddle, and the results are exactly the same.  Smith looking pretty good in Philly I don't question his talent. 

But the better move would have been OL all day long.

I still don't have a problem with the trade. We got the player we targeted all along, and added an extra 1st in the process. If you want to argue that we should have traded the pick we got from the Niners instead of our own pick, that's fair - though at the time no one expected us to be 1-7 at this point, and we still have a first rounder in 2022 anyway.

Sure, we can say "the Dolphins should have picked so and so instead of Waddle", but he was the #2 player on their draft board, and were able to get him at 6 - gaining a 2023 first in the process. I'm totally fine with that. I also think no one will care about the trade at all once Waddle gets to play in a real offensive system.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:23 pm

Nope, the trade was still stupid because Grier gave another team a first for literally no reason. If he wanted to be at 6 then he should've traded from 3 to 6 like every person with half a brain would've done.

Not to mention only one other team possibly would've even taken Waddle before #12 anyway and if the Eagles had done so then Smith would've been the pick like I wanted all along and they'd still have their first next year which is now going to be the top pick.

I'm amazed Grier can even dress and feed himself these days. OR CAN HE??? scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down