The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State of the AFC East

+3
JMP
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
7 posters

Go down

State of the AFC East Empty State of the AFC East

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:27 pm

Philadelphia helped us out in a big way today beating the Jills.  The Patriots and Bill Bellicheat have been exposed as total frauds. Bellicheat will need another 20 years in the NFL to catch Shula in win totals. The Jets have a good D but the offense is absolute shyt! 

Its a great day to be a Dolphins fan!

CarsonChris

JMP, DolFan 316 and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

State of the AFC East Empty Re: State of the AFC East

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:38 pm

As I said before, if the Fins can just win five straight (down to three now), the ONLY way they would NOT clinch the division with 3 games left is if the Bills won out. They play the Chiefs next, then the Cowboys. Good luck with that Twisted Evil And even THEN the Bills winning out does them no good UNLESS the Fins lose the last three.

I wasn't even watching the game, I was just keeping track of it on espn,com and that was nervewracking enough! affraid I thought the Bills had it when they scored with a minute and a half left and then thought they had it won again when they scored first in OT. I can't even stand the Eagles BTW, they're currently my most despised NFC team but I was a huge fan tonight!!!  cheers  cheers  cheers

IMO the key to beating the Bills is to get a lead big enough to withstand the inevitable late game Josh Allen TD drive. He ALWAYS does that shit and it annoys the hell out of me  Evil or Very Mad But if the other team is ahead beforehand they can still win anyway.

BTW ever since "Bills Mafia" got the NFL playoff OT rules changed by whining, not only do I not recall a single OT playoff game since but I believe the Bills have lost every OT game they've played since. Serves those punks right Twisted Evil Go cry some more, bass turds (not a typo).

I was right, the Bills are now 0 for 4 in OT games (this one will show up tomorrow) since their mass bitchfest about how unfair playoff OT rules are.

https://stathead.com/tiny/dvOW4

But I did totally forget that the Chiefs lost to Cincy in OT right after that Bills win so I guess they got some karmic punishment too scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:21 pm

Lil' Joshy is now 0-6 in OT. Guess the coinflip really doesn't matter for him!

The Dolphins magic number is now 4 to win the division. 3 Dolphins wins and 1 Bills loss and the division is ours.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:31 pm

BTW shout out to ex-Memphis kicker Jake Elliott for the clutch 59-yard FG to keep the Eagles in position to win in OT. cheers cheers cheers If there's one position Memphis can churn out that's consistently NFL-ready, it's kicker. Cool

I know your average spoiled fan these days thinks kickers should make 59-yarders blindfolded but that's just 4 yards shy of what used to be the NFL record for over 50 years. NOT an easy thing. I sure as hell wouldn't want Jason Sanders to have to make one from that distance to win or tie affraid

DolFan 316

JMP and CarsonChris like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:42 pm

Incidentally, Buffalo is now 1-3 against teams with a winning record. Miami is also 1-3, since Denver sits at 6-5 after today's win.

Ravens defense is really looking stout in this game tonight.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:34 am

hmm, let's see. Buffalo missed 2 FGs and the Bill's defense let Philly march the field to not only tie the game, but to eventually win it in OT. i wonder if McDermott will fire his OC again? scratch

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:46 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:hmm, let's see.  Buffalo missed 2 FGs and the Bill's defense let Philly march the field to not only tie the game, but to eventually win it in OT.  i wonder if McDermott will fire his OC again?  scratch  

That pass in OT where Josh threw it inside and Davis was outside in the endzone almost....ALMOST won it for the Bills!

When ol'Joshie is on, the Bills are tough to beat.

But the danged Iggles are near impossible to beat in Philly!

I would dance a jig (maybe a waddle or two) if the Bills could somehow lose the next two.

But the Chiefs are not worldbeaters on offense. The game is in KC, so...

And the Cowboys got to go to Barfalo, and Dak don't like the cold, so..

The Phins just really need to take care of their own business.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:56 pm

finfanatic wrote:
mercury22nathan wrote:hmm, let's see.  Buffalo missed 2 FGs and the Bill's defense let Philly march the field to not only tie the game, but to eventually win it in OT.  i wonder if McDermott will fire his OC again?  scratch  

That pass in OT where Josh threw it inside and Davis was outside in the endzone almost....ALMOST won it for the Bills!

When ol'Joshie is on, the Bills are tough to beat.

But the danged Iggles are near impossible to beat in Philly!

I would dance a jig (maybe a waddle or two) if the Bills could somehow lose the next two.

But the Chiefs are not worldbeaters on offense. The game is in KC, so...

And the Cowboys got to go to Barfalo, and Dak don't like the cold, so..

The Phins just really need to take care of their own business.

My guess is: Chiefs beat Bills, Bills beat Cowboys. Regardless, one more Bills loss pretty much seals their fate.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:12 pm

finfanatic wrote:I would dance a jig (maybe a waddle or two) if the Bills could somehow lose the next two.

I would pay to see this. Seriously. Better use of my money than Onlyfans for sure Laughing

DolFan 316

JMP and CarsonChris like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:33 am

It would be really sweet irony to see the Fins win their next three (Wash, Titans, Jets) and then maybe lose to the Bills, but beat 1 or 2 of the other good teams left (Ravens, Dallas).

Getting swept by the Bills but still winning the division LOL!! I think the Bills Mafia would simply implode like that submersible did before the season.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:44 am

white1 wrote:It would be really sweet irony to see the Fins win their next three (Wash, Titans, Jets) and then maybe lose to the Bills, but beat 1 or 2 of the other good teams left (Ravens, Dallas).

Getting swept by the Bills but still winning the division LOL!! I think the Bills Mafia would simply implode like that submersible did before the season.

Just off the top of my head the '79 and '00 Fins won the division despite being swept by the Jets, and the '83 Raiders and '95 Cowboys won their divisions and the Super Bowl despite being swept by the Seahawks and Redskins. The '20 Bucs also won it all after the Saints swept them (but didn't win the division). The '70 Cowboys won the division and reached the Super Bowl after the Cards swept them, including a 38-0 curbstomping on MNF with ex-Cowboy Don Meredith fuming in the booth. So it's not unprecedented at all.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:00 am

The Dolphins are like the Karate Kid facing down Lawrence. We've got to beat the Bills to get respect. They linger over our heads.

CarsonChris

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:14 am

CarsonChris wrote:The Dolphins are like the Karate Kid facing down Lawrence. We've got to beat the Bills to get respect. They linger over our heads.

I disagree. As long as the division's clinched before the finale, I could not care less about the outcome. It would be far more important to me to get through that game without any more injuries. I'd be ecstatic with a division title and playoff win, anything else would be gravy. Beating the Bills is absolutely not necessary for both those things to happen, at this point anyway. The last thing I want is for the finale to be for the division because it would mean a whole lot went wrong between then and now.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:40 am

DolFan 316 wrote:It would be far more important to me to get through that game without any more injuries.

and McDaniel clearly errs on the side of caution with an eye towards the long run.

both Achane and probably Hunt could've gone against the Jets, but given the inferiority of the opponent and that crap playing surface (not to mention length of season), McDaniel is looking at the long range goal and the need for those players in future games like against Dallas and Baltimore to be fine tuned for a playoff run.

Regarding the decision to sit Achane last week, McDaniel said with “all things involved, all variables, knowing the [Jets] team we’re going against -- they’re always physical, always fast - and the short week” all factored in.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article282352093.html

yes, i would love to beat the Bills and i believe it is very possible in Miami, but far more important would be staying healthy through a game otherwise rendered meaningless.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:29 am

Let's hope the Phins are in position where they have a home playoff game locked up before that Bills game, but... If the Phins are playing for a home playoff game and HAVE TO beat the Bills...

I don't know if it would be better for the Bills to have something to play for, or be eliminated by that game??

A talented team playing the spoiler role could be very dangerous.

But if the Bills playoff hopes hang on a win, they might play like crapola in Miami and the stress could cause some internal divisions that make them crack??

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:05 pm

If the Dolphins have the #1 seed locked up by week 18 and can sit everyone - great, and who cares if we lose to the Bills?

But in any other scenario, I want all hands on deck and want to CRUSH the Bills. Beating the Bills would be great, but more importantly, destroying our kryptonite would be a big confidence boost.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:57 pm

JMP wrote:If the Dolphins have the #1 seed locked up by week 18 and can sit everyone - great, and who cares if we lose to the Bills?  

But in any other scenario, I want all hands on deck and want to CRUSH the Bills.  Beating the Bills would be great, but more importantly, destroying our kryptonite would be a big confidence boost.

#1 seed's already out of the question IMO. The Fins would literally need to win out for that to happen. Winning the division's more important anyway because it guarantees a home playoff game. Nothing else after that is guaranteed anyway. Beating the Cowboys and/or Ravens would be nice don't get me wrong, but if they've already clinched the East then I can't get too worked up about those games. My goal is to have this thing wrapped up with 3 games left, period. I don't want this team to *need* to beat the Cowboys and Ravens to accomplish anything significant, let alone the Bills.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:52 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

#1 seed's already out of the question IMO.

I agree, though it is in theory still possible. We'd have to win out and hope the Jags and Chiefs lose a game. The Jags probably will lose at least one, but looking at the Chiefs schedule it sure seems like they won't lose again - even though they aren't their usual powerhouse selves.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down