The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Score predictions - Giants at Phins

+3
white1
DolFan 316
JMP
7 posters

Go down

Score predictions - Giants at Phins Empty Score predictions - Giants at Phins

Post by JMP Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:22 am

This is actually a tough game for the Phins. Despite their record, the Giants do have a lot of talented players on both sides of the ball, and head coach Joe Judge and DC Patrick Graham know Coach Flo well.

Daniel Jones is injured and it looks like he may start. Jones is a very streaky player, who sometimes looks great and at other times looks like a hot mess. But he is dangerous with his legs, and has made lots of big plays on the ground. If not, the underwhelming Mike Glennon would get the call.

We'll need another strong effort from Tua and the defense on Sunday, and I expect to get both. The Dolphins have been playing well in all 3 phases the last few games, and I think that continues. It should be a low-scoring game, and I have the Dolphins on top, 24-13.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Score predictions - Giants at Phins Empty Re: Score predictions - Giants at Phins

Post by JMP Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:38 am

Daniel Jones ruled out for Sunday...so we'll face Glennon.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Score predictions - Giants at Phins Empty Re: Score predictions - Giants at Phins

Post by JMP Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:56 am

It sounds like Parker, Brandon Jones and Deiter will play Sunday, pending today's practice. Unfortunately, I don't think Phillip Lindsay will play - ankle injury.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:09 pm

If this team actually loses to Mike Freaking Glennon at home, Flores and Grier both need to be fired Monday.

Fins 23-10.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:37 pm

JMP wrote:It sounds like Parker, Brandon Jones and Deiter will play Sunday, pending today's practice.  Unfortunately, I don't think Phillip Lindsay will play - ankle injury.

Didn't take long for Lindsay to start fitting right in, did it? After watching that one pass block by him, I'm starting to think he's the team's best RB already!

BTW the Fins were averaging just 17.2 points per game through the Texans win. Three games later after Tua's triumphant return they are now averaging 19.5. That's nearly a 2.5 point jump in less than a month, and it'll be even higher still if they manage even 20 VS the Giants let alone 23 or more.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:07 pm

Classic trap game. Don’t look forward to winnable Saints and Jets. Get it done and tee up great games with playoff implications against Tenn and NE to finish season.

I believe the Flores process wins out. We are seeing the evolution on both offense and defense getting better every week.

Fins 24-10

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:22 pm

Glennon is a decent QB who doesn't turn the ball over much, and Judge will likely have his team prepared for Flo's defense. This is a great chance for Flo to show that his D can prevail even against someone that knows his tendencies - and he'll need to do that for the Patriots game too. And we need Godsey to continue to come up with creative schemes as he has the past few weeks...this Giants D is very good at times.

I agree with white - trust the process, and the Dolphins will get an important win here. We're almost in playoff mode now - win and you live to fight another day, lose and you're done. Flo will have this team ready.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:38 pm

Wow, Giants are really banged up...WRs Sterling Shepard and Kadarius Toney are both doubtful for Sunday.

No excuses: Phins need to take care of business.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:07 pm

Parker is starting taking away time from players that want to play. Phins lose because Parker takes away from the team.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:29 pm

We are 2-7 against the Giants and have not won since 2003. They average a SB win every 10 years while we have not won one in 50. We have had to deal with decades of suckage while the whinny crybabies complain about 4 bad years. F THEM. I hope we bury them.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:04 pm

JEGnj wrote:We are 2-7 against the Giants and have not won since 2003. They average a SB win every 10 years while we have not won one in 50. We have had to deal with decades of suckage while the whinny crybabies complain about 4 bad years. F THEM. I hope we bury them.

Now THAT'S the kind of attitude I've come to know and expect from JEGnj right there, baby!!! cheers cheers cheers

2-7 doesn't mean much. These teams went 18 years without playing each other for one thing. It's mainly the Giants being lucky enough to catch the Fins when they're down, like in '07 or '19 or in '93 with Marino and Mitchell both out, or '11 when they were the final loss of an 0-7 start. The only real headscratcher was the '96 game, and both teams were 6-8 afterwards.

This time for once the timing is on our side Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Glennon's no Eli Manning who was 4-0 VS the Fins with 8 TDs and 3 picks. Did you know the '19 Fins game was his last ever in the NFL? He never even threw a pass the rest of that season.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced this should be the easiest win of the remaining games, and remember I've got the Fins winning out.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:51 am

Wasn't it Mike Glennon on the Bucs that beat the slobber out of the Phins in the game right after Bully-Gate broke???

On Queasy Grandpa Joe Philbin's reign of error trying to be a HC?

Good times, eh? :puke:

For some reason, the Phins look like crap against the Giants. Even when the Giants stink, they still manage to outplay the Phins.
If the D and O both keep playing like they have been, they should beat the G-men easily, but...

I keep expecting the wheels to fall off this playoff run wagon for the Phins at any time!

These are the same Coaches who managed to screw to death a series of pooches during training camp and the first quarter of the season, remember. At some point, the last abused pooch is gonna die... along with the Phins playoff hopes.

The Phins ain't gonna win out. I suspect the buzzsaw this year will be the Pats game. But who knows? At least that game is in Miami, where the moribund Phins always manage to play the Pats tough.

Go Phins! Keep that last, battered, abused, near-death Pooch alive!!! At least for another week or two.

Very Happy
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:07 am

finfanatic wrote:Wasn't it Mike Glennon on the Bucs that beat the slobber out of the Phins in the game right after Bully-Gate broke???

On Queasy Grandpa Joe Philbin's reign of error trying to be a HC?

Good times, eh?    :puke:

Glennon was the QB, but I wouldn't call an 11 of 21 139 yard one TD one INT passing performance in a 3-point win "beating the slobber" out of anybody.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201311110tam.htm

I keep expecting the wheels to fall off this playoff run wagon for the Phins at any time!

These are the same Coaches who managed to screw to death a series of pooches during training camp and the first quarter of the season, remember. At some point, the last abused pooch is gonna die... along with the Phins playoff hopes.

The Phins ain't gonna win out. I suspect the buzzsaw this year will be the Pats game. But who knows? At least that game is in Miami, where the moribund Phins always manage to play the Pats tough.

Go Phins!   Keep that last, battered, abused, near-death Pooch alive!!! At least for another week or two.

Very Happy

SPOILSPORT!!! PESSIMIST!!! NEGATIVE NELLY!!!

Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:56 am

CarsonChris wrote:Parker is starting taking away time from players that want to play. Phins  lose because Parker takes away from the team.

I think it's the exact opposite. What we've seen is that teams are having to choose between Waddle and Gesicki. So far, teams are choosing to let Waddle beat them - and he's doing it. Gesicki is drawing our opponents' best CB, and they're also doubling him. Having Parker back means that's no longer an option. Parker now draws the best CB, and Gesicki has more opportunity to get open. At the same time, Parker excels at contested passes - so even when he's covered, he's still a legit option.

Essentially, Parker now makes this offense a 3-receiver group, instead of a 2-receiver group. That will be HUGE for Tua and should help to open up the passing game.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:00 pm

So, Joe Judge is pulling a page from Belichick's book: the Giants signed QB Jake Fromm off the Bills' practice squad, and apparently Fromm is giving them intel on the Phins' defense since he has prepared for them 4 times over the past two seasons. Time for Flores to play some next-level chess and change things up and surprise them with different looks and packages. Should be interesting to see what we do in this game.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:35 am

I expect we hold serve at home, but I expect a grinder about like that Jests game two weeks ago. 27-17 Fins.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down