The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reasons For The 1-7 Start...

+4
JMP
CarsonChris
finfanatic
DolFan 316
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reasons For The 1-7 Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Reasons For The 1-7 Start...

Post by white1 Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:22 am

Quick side note now that Meyer has been fired in JAX. How the F*** did we lose that game? Damn, one more win would look really good right now going into the Jets game. Opportunity lost.

Clearly, our team was not nearly where it is now, if we played Jax this weekend I would bet we beat them by four touchdowns.
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Reasons For The 1-7 Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Reasons For The 1-7 Start...

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:05 pm

JMP wrote:Anyway, there is a clear difference in coaching schemes and philosophy between now and then, and I think that's the #1 reason for the "tale of two halves" we've seen this season.  The coaches failed miserably early on in their evaluation of the team's strengths, and they didn't put the players in the best position to win.

yep.

In understanding why the Dolphins have gone from permitting 29.1 points and 406.9 yards per game in their first eight games to 11 points and 280.2 yards in the last five games, you start with the obvious:

An improved pass rush, better linebacker play, more stout work against the run, excellence from Xavien Howard and the growth of the young safeties.

But according to multiple players, don’t overlook a change in approach from coaches.

Asked the most important thing that defensive coordinator Josh Boyer has done to contribute to this ongoing five-game winning streak, defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah said this week:

“I’ll say giving the offenses different looks. That [starts in] practice, just giving our offense different looks just to see how they react to it. Coach Boyer, he’s done a great job disguising plays, all-out blitzes. We kind of went back to our old thing, but I’m glad he’s switching it up and giving offenses different looks, confusing them.”

Linebacker Jerome Baker said he agrees with Ogbah: “Josh is doing a great job of coming in and having a great game plan and just putting us in position to win.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/analysts-dolphins-discuss-key-change-162407220.html

so the defense was really successful last year at switching things up...so naturally, the coaches decided to stop doing it (DUH!). and now that they've gone back to it - they are successful again.

why did they stop in the first place?!?! STUPID!!

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2