The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ten Reasons Why The Tunsil Pick Was Horrible

+5
rightchea
finskev
CarsonChris
Birdmond
DolFan 316
9 posters

Go down

Ten Reasons Why The Tunsil Pick Was Horrible  Empty Ten Reasons Why The Tunsil Pick Was Horrible

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:08 am

1. This guy clearly isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. In one night he admitted on camera to being paid by Ole Miss to go there and also admitted the now infamous video is only two years old instead of the reported five. If a defender asks him before the snap what the play is and where it's going will he blurt that out too?

2. Speaking of pot use, there's now a very real chance Tunsil gets suspended before his rookie season even begins, thus completely negating any advantage the Fins might have gained from Brady being out. Also, pot smokers in college don't just wake up one day and decide to quit cold turkey. That's just not how human nature works. I guarantee he's still toking, and seeing as how the NFL drug tests for it, that's going to be a problem. "But 316," I can already sense some of you wanting to say, "He passed every drug test at Ole Miss!" Hell, I'd be more shocked if he FAILED a drug test administered at/by a school with a vested interest in him passing (after all, we now know they literally bought his services). I'm sure he was notified of each 'test" well in advance.

3. Lets get to the real reason why this video suddenly appeared--Tunsil slapped his stepfather around a while back and stepdad decided to get him some revenge. Oh, and is also suing Tunsil for asssault. Yup, seems all nice and innocent to me! Oh, and also Tunsil was with Nkemdiche when he took that little tumble out of a 4th story hotel window. But I'm totally sure whatever Nkemdiche was on didn't come out of Tunsil's stash. Why, the very notion would be preposterous, right?

4. Tunsil never actually finished a season in college because of injury or suspension. Let that sink in for a bit. But now we're supposed to believe he's going to do it on a regular basis in the NFL with more games?

5. Is Tunsil even really that good? Is he vastly superior to, say, Ifedi, who was taken at 31 overall by the Seahawks? Are we absolutely sure Stanley and Conklin aren't better players even if that video never existed?

6. Even if all the red flags on Tunsil turn out to be nothing, even if he becomes a top three LT, it won't make any difference because it's not an impact position. Tunsil is the third LT selected in the first round by the Fins since '08 and the fourth O-lineman. And yet somehow, the O-line has managed to be awful that whole time.

7. The main reason Tunsil was taken is because, due to the so-called "well respected" scouting staff's complete inability to evaluate O-linemen beyond the consensus first rounders, this team is compelled to keep taking one in the first round, thus ignoring playmakers.

8. Drafting O-linemen in the first round period has been increasingly problematic in recent years, because apparently college coaches can't teach them how to block properly anymore.

9. You either trade up to get one of the impact players taken before #13 or you trade down to get more picks. Staying at 13 and making an awful pick anyway is the worst of all worlds.

10. The Fins are simply the wrong environment for an injury-prone pot smoker to flourish in. If a team like, say, the Pats or Broncos or Packers had drafted him, then MAYBE even with all his issues Tunsil works out. Maybe. But none of those teams would've been dumb enough to take him in the top 15. Or in a position to do so, because unlike the Fins they actually have winning seasons.

In short, this guy has every red flag in the book, and even if things turn out fine anyway it won't even matter, just like it didn't matter when Long was elite for a few years. Typical Fins draft day thinking.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Ten Reasons Why The Tunsil Pick Was Horrible  Empty Re: Ten Reasons Why The Tunsil Pick Was Horrible

Post by Birdmond Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:53 am

Yawn

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Ten Reasons Why The Tunsil Pick Was Horrible  Empty Re: Ten Reasons Why The Tunsil Pick Was Horrible

Post by CarsonChris Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:14 am

Sounds like the Jets tried to trade to twelve to get him. The pot use is scary because I've never met a pot head that didn't think pot was bad to use. Stupid to be illegal. They defend it no matter how much their lives go up on smoke

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:18 am

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:28 am

I heard that his agent is the same agent for several people on the fins. So for Miami to go after this guy wasn't surprising.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:14 pm

It certainly could turn out horrible, and it is hard to give the Fins the benefit of a doubt on draft day.

At least it isn't a horrible reach talent-wise (i.e. Ginn, Fletcher, Moore) for once. At least it isn't a case of a GM locking in on one player before the draft even starts. It's a case of someone there that no one expected to be available.

"Safe" Picks (i.e. let's take the "safe" OG like John Jerry instead of gambling on Jimmy Graham, who may not make it at TE) haven't been doing much for us. It might be overly reckless, but hey, if it is, we will just suck while going down swinging as opposed to sucking while taking lunchpail guys.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:30 pm

HalCHorn wrote:It certainly could turn out horrible, and it is hard to give the Fins the benefit of a doubt on draft day.

At least it isn't a horrible reach talent-wise (i.e. Ginn, Fletcher, Moore) for once.  At least it isn't a case of a GM locking in on one player before the draft even starts.  It's a case of someone there that no one expected to be available.

"Safe" Picks (i.e. let's take the "safe" OG like John Jerry instead of gambling on Jimmy Graham, who may not make it at TE) haven't been doing much for us.  It might be overly reckless, but hey, if it is, we will just suck while going down swinging as opposed to sucking while taking lunchpail guys.

Agreed. Talent-wise this was an absolute steal.

But this guy has enough red flags to make an old Communist stand up and salute!!

The Phins are definitely going to have do some serious off the field work on him or this will make a great screenplay for Ballers!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:44 pm

Everyone keeps saying he has had a bunch of red flags, but up until 5 minutes before the draft he was going to go in the Top 5.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:34 pm

Degarmo wrote:Everyone keeps saying he has had a bunch of red flags, but up until 5 minutes before the draft he was going to go in the Top 5.

The only constant is change.

Well, unless it's this team. Then it's just a bunch of half-assed superfluous changes that result in the outcome always being the same somehow.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm

I agree completely with that top 10 list.

We just keep dumping resources into the OL, and it continues to suck. Tannehill couldn't get a winning season with one of the league's best tackles (Albert) and now I'm supposed to believe a pot-smoking rookie is going to change that???

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down