The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texans want Flores

+4
DolFan 316
white1
JMP
CarsonChris
8 posters

Go down

Texans want Flores Empty Texans want Flores

Post by CarsonChris Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:50 pm

Reading reports the Texans want Flores and he might get to coach Watson 😂😂😂

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Texans want Flores Empty Re: Texans want Flores

Post by JMP Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:31 pm

Also hearing they really like Jerod Mayo, Pats LB coach. They have a Patriot front office, so Flores and Mayo both make sense. Maybe Flo as HC and Mayo as DC?

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:41 am

If Flores gets this job... he'll have to deal with that shady Jack Easterby character who has the ear of the owner - almost exclusively. So, good luck with that...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:50 am

white1 wrote:If Flores gets this job... he'll have to deal with that shady Jack Easterby character who has the ear of the owner - almost exclusively.  So, good luck with that...

Easterby is shady, but I've heard he and Flores are close from their time together in New England.

But yeah, that whole Texans organization is a mess. David Culley was a stupid hire to begin with, but how do you fire a head coach after just one season???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 am

Texans just fired Culley. I guess they have standards. (Rim shot.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:34 pm

Texans, Bears, or Giants.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:58 am

I firmly believe Flores will NEVER make a good HC. There is a reason the coaching staff was always a one shot deal with him. Once, maybe it is them, twice, okay...maybe, but signs are it is you... but THREE times and we now know it was dysfunctional sleaze -fest... It all on YOU, Flores.

I know the NFL is for grownups and all, but there is a difference in being a hard-nosed HC and being a jackass HC IMO. Jackasses will never have a harmonious staff, never maximize the team's talent, and never have the stability a team needs to succeed.

Flores will get another shot for sure, but it will crash and burn again is my prediction. Not immediately, but within a year or three.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:35 am

I'm fairly certain Flores will get the Texans or Bears job. Leaning towards Texans, IMO.

If he isn't able to convince Watson to return to the team, I think he's in serious trouble. They will need to find a QB and this isn't the year to be needing one, there's very little talent in either free agency or the draft.

It will be fascinating to see who he is able to hire as his OC. If it's another junior / first time coach... watch out. Big red flag.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:43 am

Texans may have stumbled onto a good prospect with Mills, but if Flores is hired they will go all in with Watson and trade Mills for picks most likely. I mean, if Flores was ready to do that here.....

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:35 pm

I read one of Watson's accusers turned down a settlement offer of $100,000.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:58 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I read one of Watson's accusers turned down a settlement offer of $100,000.

A hundred grand to make sexual harassment go away is an insult TBH. If it was me I'd be so angry I'd press criminal charges just on that alone.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:53 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:I read one of Watson's accusers turned down a settlement offer of $100,000.

A hundred grand to make sexual harassment go away is an insult TBH. If it was me I'd be so angry I'd press criminal charges just on that alone.

Agreed. BUT...having to pay off 20+ accusers gets expensive! LOL

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:18 pm

I know I've made this comparison before, but:

Belicheck went back to being a DC for 4 years after his failed first shot, absorbed the needed lessons, and succeeded in a big way in his second shot.

Wannstedt had a golden parachute waiting for him 2 weeks after he was fired here with Jimmy, and was essentially de facto HC in 1999 after Jimmy really lost interest in the gig.  Wanny never learned a thing, made the same mistakes here that he made in Chicago, and ran a second team into the ground.

Flores would likely benefit from doing what his mentor did, but it looks like he will get a second shot right away.  A la Wannstedt, Gase , Mangini....you get the picture.  Those cases don't bode well for him making good on a second opportunity at being a HC in 2022. (to be fair, I don't think Wanny would have ever learned a damn thing, no matter how long you gave him)

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:10 pm

Great post, Hal. Jumping immediately to a new HC job is usually a mistake for these young, first-time head coaches that get fired after failing. Time to recharge, think about why they failed, gain more experience and continue to learn, etc. are all good things.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:25 pm

Not to go off topic BUT
Tonight was a rough one. I was born a Miami Dolphin's fan and rooted through think and thin and thin and thin but one of my favorite all time players in the NFL(besides Marino, Offerdahl, Cox, and Zach was Big Ben.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:24 am

Big Ben was fun to watch in his prime. The last 2 years were rough...he just looked like a shell of his former self.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:24 pm

even if the Texans hire Flores, that probably isn't enough to keep Watson...

Appearing on Sports Radio 610, Caserio was asked whether the potential hiring of Brian Flores to be the coach would possibly result in Watson sticking around. Via the Houston Chronicle, Caserio said “that more than likely would not be the case.”

“I think we have to be open-minded and just take the information and process it and ultimately make the decision that we feel makes the most sense for everybody involved, whatever that looks like,” Caserio said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nick-caserio-deshaun-watson-return-172618207.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:39 pm

Probably smart for the Texans to distance themselves from Watson sooner rather than later. This story could get all sorts of ugly within the next few months.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down