The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flores ran off another one

5 posters

Go down

Flores ran off another one Empty Flores ran off another one

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:26 am

oh what could've been.

Before the 2019 draft, Crosby met with the Miami Dolphins, and while appearing on “The Pat McAfee Show” on Tuesday, Crosby admitted he didn’t want to be a Dolphin after the visit.

“Pat (Graham) was in Miami when I was coming into the league,” Crosby said. “I was going on my top-30 visits, and I was in Miami. For the most part, my trip to Miami, I’m not going to lie, was rough. All of the coaches were super hard on me. I told my agent after, I’m like ‘I don’t want to come here. Tell Miami don’t draft me.’ But, my one meeting at Miami that I liked was Pat Graham…”

At the time, the Dolphins were coached by Brian Flores, who was entering his first season with the team. Coming from the New England Patriots, Flores came with a certain edginess that may have rubbed some the wrong way.

While some thrived under Flores, the mentality in the building was a deterrent for others.

Even Graham, who had worked with Flores from 2009-15 and had joined him to become his defensive coordinator in his first year with Miami, left after just one season, essentially making a lateral move to the New York Giants.

https://sports.yahoo.com/raiders-maxx-crosby-told-agent-122202290.html

thanks for being an a-hole Flores.

and so instead of a legit pass rusher in Crosby, the Phins' ended up drafting Michael Deiter with the pick they were otherwise targeting Crosby - and we all know how that turned out.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Flores ran off another one Empty Re: Flores ran off another one

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:35 am

At least everybody in the media who thought the Flores Firing was the dumbest move by any team in sports history and also racist has completely forgotten and shut up about it now.

Instead of just getting fired, I wish he'd been defenestrated as well. Yes, that's a word. Look it up.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:36 am

Brian Flores: the gift that keeps on giving. Sad

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:01 pm

Yes, ToxicTeamKiller Flores was a real piece of work, no doubt.

His list of outright idiotic shiite-headed sheer dumbness is long, no doubt.

The only one worse than the way he mishandled Tua was the Fitzpatrick trade...If you have problems with a Pro Bowl Safety not wanting to be treated like a Nickel back and trade him off, you ain't right in the head IMO!

DF316 - I don't think the Phins have any buildings tall enough for a proper "defenestration" of Flores. Maybe do it in NY from way up high?

In Miami, I would have still preferred the old, tried and true, reliable, (near)death by beating with a wiffle ball bat!!

I have looked but can't seem to find a word for a near death beating with a wiffle ball bat.

Neutral
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:47 pm

Yeah, he ran off Graham which is just as bad (if not worse). He was and is an excellent defensive coordinator. Working in Vegas now, and yes Crosby is looking like a world beater out there.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:59 pm

I still have no problem with the Minkah trade. Minkah was a selfish, whining brat who hid behind his mother. I don't want players like that on my team.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:56 am

Former Dolphins linebacker Kyle Van Noy said, on The Punch Line Podcast this week, that his release from the team after just one season (2020) was the byproduct of a “civil war” between general manager Chris Grier and then coach Brian Flores.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article269039622.html

hmm, a civil war between two black men. well now, that doesn't fit Flores' racial discrimination narrative.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:26 pm

I heard a clip of the Van Noy interview. He said he's good friends with Tua, and he was NOT the anonymous player that criticized Tua back then. IMO it sounds like Grier put that story out their to discredit a Flores-linked player. Just an ugly situation all around.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:00 pm

This Grier-Flores civil war was actually something being reported by the Youtuber Ace Per Head back during the '21 season BTW. Nobody wanted to believe him at the time (I can relate) but he was saying it. By the time Flores was fired I just assumed it was common knowledge among DolFans. And yes, he even used the exact term civil war.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:56 am

Yeah, I had heard there was "tension" between Grier and Flores and it got so bad Flores went to Ross and said he wanted control over all personnel decisions!!

Ross sided with Grier and Flores got his panties in a wad and became the ultimate ToxicTeamKiller and alienated his coaching staff and the front office. I am just suprised that one) the team played as "well" as it did down the stretch, and two) Flores did not get fired before the season ended.

One rumor I heard I had put down to just gossip but it turned out Flores WAS blowing off staff meetings and had supposedly told some of his assistant coaches to start looking for new jobs! During the season when the Phins were fighting for a playoff spot!!

Just one supreme egotistical dipsite arsehole IMO.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:00 am

I really thought the truth would come out right after Flores was fired, which is why I never said anything about this at the time, and it did...but not for 2 years because as usual, the media actively suppressed it in favor of pushing the woke narrative. Yet again. Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:41 am

finfanatic wrote:

One rumor I heard I had put down to just gossip but it turned out Flores WAS blowing off staff meetings and had supposedly told some of his assistant coaches to start looking for new jobs! During the season when the Phins were fighting for a playoff spot!!

Yeah, supposedly during the entire second half of the season he essentially ignored the offensive coaching staff. Unreal. No

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:46 am

funny how the main stream media won't report this (although they were falling all over themselves to broadcast the initial filing of the lawsuit against Miami from the rooftops)...

Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Brian Flores’ legal effort to force his former employer, the Miami Dolphins, to answer his claims of racial discrimination and retaliation in a real court—not the “court” of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell—suffered another setback last week.

U.S. District Judge Valerie Caproni, who last year sent Flores’ claims against the Dolphins to an arbitration process overseen by Goodell, denied his motion to certify legal issues for appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit...

While Caproni dispatched Flores’ claims against the Dolphins to arbitration, his claims against teams that didn’t hire him (the New York Giants, the Denver Broncos and the Houston Texans) and related claims against the NFL remain in court.

https://www.sportico.com/law/analysis/2024/flores-nfl-lawsuit-appeal-denial-1234762052/

his supposed claims of racism against teams that didn't hire him could move forward in court (if he chose), but his claims against Miami (his actual employer) must go to arbitration. and yet Flores still wants to fight this ruling. so tell me, is this about seeking justice against unfair racist treatment (which he could do now if he wished) or is this about petty retaliation by a disgruntled former employee?

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:11 am

Bottom line: the guy is out of his mind...bat-shit crazy. Really, he shouldn't even be employed by the NFL anymore. Disgraceful.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down