The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parker Traded to Pats

+6
CarsonChris
finfanatic
JMP
DolFan 316
JEGnj
finskev
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Parker Traded to Pats - Page 2 Empty Re: Parker Traded to Pats

Post by finfanatic Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:09 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
The Pats took two TEs in that draft as well. Gronk turned out to be pretty good. Not sure what happened to that other guy though scratch

Oh yeah, that was ol'Gators TE Hernandez, right?

Man, what a waste of talent. Didn't the Pats sign him to a long term deal before Gronk?

Yeah, I have to keep reminding myself, not many 3rd thru 7th rounders CAN be GEMs, but the likelihood is extremely low.

As DF316 says, they usually are JAGs.

Since the Phins are ponying up some nice cap dollars for Smythe and Gesicki, does this mean Long stinks? or is a slow developer?

Seems like if they had any hope he was gonna develop, they could have let Smythe go?

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:19 pm

Regarding development - every player on offense gets a pass and clean slate. Especially the rookies drafted last year. Our coaching staff just sucked. Player development took a huge hit
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:27 pm

outside of the above discussed timeframe, but Antonio Gates was undrafted.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:18 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:outside of the above discussed timeframe, but Antonio Gates was undrafted.

Ah yes, one of the starters for the Kent St. hoops team that got as far as the Elite Eight in the NCAA Tournament in '02, back when underdog small schools getting any further was unheard of.

Somehow, hoping that a college hoops player can convert into a Hall Of Fame caliber TE while not even having to spend a draft pick on him is about as sustainable a strategy as...drafting a QB in the 6th round thinking he'll be a Hall Of Famer who wins as many rings as any other two QBs combined and plays well into his mid 40s Razz Laughing

Although I must say the Colts gave it a decent try with Mo Alie-Cox. Who's not even in the same universe as Gates but at least he's been in the NFL a while now.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:39 pm

DeVante Parker with the Patriots through 2 games:

4 targets, 1 catch, 9 yards...and he's healthy.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:58 pm

JMP wrote:DeVante Parker with the Patriots through 2 games:

Still better than his replacement Ezukanma though. Just sayin'. Maybe this team really *didn't* need a big WR after all.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:18 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:DeVante Parker with the Patriots through 2 games:

Still better than his replacement Ezukanma though. Just sayin'. Maybe this team really *didn't* need a big WR after all.

The difference is, EZ is a 4th round pick and was not expected to be higher than #4 on the Dolphins depth chart this season. Parker has a base salary of $5.65 million this season and was supposed to be the Patriots #1 or 2 receiver. The fact that he has just one more catch than a Day 3 rookie that hasn't seen the field yet tells you all you need to know. I'll take the young pup with upside over the expensive vet that's done nothing.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:36 pm

I'm hoping Ezukanma can take advantage of Wilson's injury and be a "secret weapon" the Bills aren't prepared for. I can actually see this happening for real.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:45 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I'm hoping Ezukanma can take advantage of Wilson's injury and be a "secret weapon" the Bills aren't prepared for. I can actually see this happening for real.

It's possible. I doubt he plays much if Wilson is out, but hopefully he takes advantage if and when his number is called.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:28 am

Still better than his replacement Ezukanma though.

I think this was Barry Jackson writing but can't remember.

Easy E was working solely at X during the preseason. His offense in college was extremely simple, so learning just one position is the approach the staff took to avoid overwhelming him with the playbook.

Once the 53 man roster was set, and the staff had seen his excellent work in preseason, they decided if he was going to be active on game day he would also serve as the backup flanker (F). So, after digesting the X spot now he's learning that one as well.

I have all the confidence in the world that Easy E was a great pick, and great value in the fourth round. The leap from college to the NFL will be much harder mentally for him given the simplicity of his college offense. But it will happen - this staff knows how to teach and develop players on offense. It's only a matter of time.

D Parker? LOL! We only dreamed of seeing him have days like Hill and Waddle this past week. And it's only just beginning.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:08 pm

Ezunkama isn't fast. I put in Tanner Connor and let him run a delay off the line after the Cheetah blows the top of the coverage.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:42 pm

white1 wrote:
Still better than his replacement Ezukanma though.

I think this was Barry Jackson writing but can't remember.

Easy E was working solely at X during the preseason. His offense in college was extremely simple, so learning just one position is the approach the staff took to avoid overwhelming him with the playbook.

Once the 53 man roster was set, and the staff had seen his excellent work in preseason, they decided if he was going to be active on game day he would also serve as the backup flanker (F).  So, after digesting the X spot now he's learning that one as well.

I have all the confidence in the world that Easy E was a great pick, and great value in the fourth round.  The leap from college to the NFL will be much harder mentally for him given the simplicity of his college offense.  But it will happen - this staff knows how to teach and develop players on offense.  It's only a matter of time.

D Parker? LOL! We only dreamed of seeing him have days like Hill and Waddle this past week.  And it's only just beginning.

Great info - thanks, white! I think Wilson is the "starting" F receiver, so if he can't go Sunday EZ may get some meaningful snaps!

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:41 am

Good job by DeVante yesterday - HUGE game with 5 catches for 156 yards.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:07 am

JMP wrote:Good job by DeVante yesterday - HUGE game with 5 catches for 156 yards.  

yes - in a loss. Twisted Evil

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:36 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:Good job by DeVante yesterday - HUGE game with 5 catches for 156 yards.  

yes - in a loss.  Twisted Evil

Well, it's difficult to win when your "star" QB throws 3 INTs and 0 TDs. Very Happy

JMP
Admin

white1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:23 pm

Well, it's difficult to win when your "star" QB throws 3 INTs and 0 TDs. Very Happy

It's also really good for us that Flores couldn't see into the future and discover that Tua would struggle in his awful, two-headed offensive mess. Otherwise he would have drafted Mac Jones, and we'd be the ones gnashing teeth after a game-losing effort like that!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2