The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read This

5 posters

Go down

Read This Empty Read This

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:26 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2575752-monday-morning-hangover-the-dolphins-must-do-more-than-fire-philbin

If it's obvious to other people what ails this team, why isn't it obvious to anyone actually associated with the team?

Oh wait, I already know the answer to that one, never mind.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Read This Empty Re: Read This

Post by JMP Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Well, to be fair, everything is now in place for the Phins to do exactly what the author wants.

Tannenbaum is the "chief administrator of some kind to oversee all football operations".

Dan Campbell is the head coach that was hired, in large part, by Tannenbaum. If Campbell fails, Tannenbaum will then bring in another HC of his choice.

This offseason, Tannenbaum will fire Hickey and hire his own GM, and it will be someone that can either work with Campbell (in other words, someone from the same coaching/administrative tree as Campbell and Tannenbaum), or someone that will help in a search for a new HC.

The fly in the ointment, at least for me, is that I have little faith in Tannenbaum. That said, Ross is finally heading in the right direction by putting Tannenbaum in charge of football decisions. Note that Ross wasn't at Campbell's press conference yesterday, and neither was Hickey. Tannenbaum is now calling the shots, for better or worse.

I'm not saying it will work, but the Phins are at least setting up a hierarchy that makes sense.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:32 pm

I feel the same way about Tannenbaum that you feel about Lazor, and i'll leave it at that.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:54 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I feel the same way about Tannenbaum that you feel about Lazor, and i'll leave it at that.

Yeah, I pretty much do too. Living in Jets country, I've seen both the good and the bad of Tannenbaum first-hand. The good wasn't good enough, and the bad was awful, and he left that team in disastrous shape.

But like I said, at least the organizational structure of the Dolphins is finally coming into focus, and in a way that makes sense. It'll probably fail like everything else this team touches, but at least it's something... Neutral

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:35 am

Today should be interesting since they have Practice Today, Give Campbell a chance to see if Coyle can make changes to His Defense than maybe can him if He can't.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:48 pm

If he doesn't change his two-gap scheme on the DL, don't expect any change at all.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:11 pm

I feel that Ross needs to fire Hickey and Tannebaum and start totally over. Hiring guys during the year to help with Football operatons doesn't make sense and for the fact that Hickey and Tannebaum wasn't hire at the same time makes no sense. Ross needs to fully rebuild and redevelop a plan

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:07 pm

rightchea wrote:I feel that Ross needs to fire Hickey and Tannebaum and start totally over. Hiring guys during the year to help with Football operatons doesn't make sense and for the fact that Hickey and Tannebaum wasn't hire at the same time makes no sense. Ross needs to fully rebuild and redevelop a plan

That would be the ideal, but its not gonna happen. Tannenbaum will get at least a few years.

But, I guarantee that Hickey will be gone and Tannenbaum will bring in his own people. At least we'll have one person in charge, and it will be clear - not a bunch of people reporting to a bunch of other people.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:27 am

Degarmo wrote:If he doesn't change his two-gap scheme on the DL, don't expect any change at all.

My thoughts exactly. If anything Coyle and Lazor will just become even MORE stubborn and insistent that what they're doing is working or will work somehow. The euphoria I got from the Philbin firing didn't last long. I'm even starting to wonder what the point was if at least one coach the players openly hate is still around. At least give Campbell a LITTLE power, dammit Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:53 am

I have to wonder how Lazor will react to being given two babysitters to watch over him. I'm sure it's all sunshine and unicorns right now, but what happens in the heat of a game when Saunders and O'Keefe go against Lazor?

Same thing with Coyle, assuming he keeps his job. How does he react - and how do the players react - to the fact that the Dolphins have tried to replace him?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:10 am

I couldn't care less about their feelings right now, to be honest.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:24 am

DolFan 316 wrote:I couldn't care less about their feelings right now, to be honest.

I don't care about their feelings either...just wondering about their ability to do their jobs under the current circumstances. Would've been much better to fire them then to demote them.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down