The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grier Gonna Grier

4 posters

Go down

Grier Gonna Grier Empty Grier Gonna Grier

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:22 pm

I'll admit it, after the Tindall pick he had me fooled. Tricked. Suckered. Hoodwinked. Even bamboozled. But I should've known Grier would revert to his true self and screw up yet another draft Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I mean, my GOD!!! He had ZACH TOM, the man who handled the Jets NUMBER ONE PICK in college, who can fill a position that is a CRYING NEED, falling to you at 125 completely against all odds, and he decided...I don't need THIS guy! No! Who needs centers? All they do is snap the ball, anybody could do THAT! I'll just take a WR instead!

But WAIT~! I won't take Romeo Doubs, who's big *and* fast, NO! Not ME! I'll take somebody that nobody's ever heard of and who probably wasn't even ranked on the PFF board at all since in the 50 or so mocks I did I never even saw this guy's name ONCE. Because MY board is SPECIAL! I'm the smartest man in the room!

And so of course the Packers get Tom AND Doubs, and of course both will now be Pro Bowlers, because one, they actually know how to draft O-linemen and WRs and two, they've only been to the playoffs the past 3 seasons and 6 of the last 8, that means they have no idea what they're doing, right? Rolling Eyes Unlike Grier, who's so smart he screwed up having THREE first round picks in the same draft! Okay, maybe *only* two of three, that's bad enough!!!

Also, the Tindall pick was actually made by SHEER ACCIDENT!!! It's true! Grier ADMITTED he tried to trade up MULTIPLE times, and the only thing that stopped him was having to give up next year's picks (which will only be wasted anyway)! And the player he wanted to trade up so badly for was...NAKOBE DEAN!!! You know, the Georgia LB who's slower and smaller than Tindall and oh BTW has a pec injury that might PREVENT HIM FROM PLAYING THIS SEASON. Yeah, Grier tried to trade up for HIM!!! Tindall fell into his lap ONLY because other teams saved Grier from himself!!! And the next day Grier proceeds to go ahead and prove that even when a player falls into his lap he STILL can't make the no-brainer pick half the time!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I am making a vow, right here and now, to never EEEEVER get invested about another Grier draft AGAIN!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Grier Gonna Grier Empty Re: Grier Gonna Grier

Post by finfanatic Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:26 pm

Yeah...sorta strange drafting I will admit.

But... let’s see what the 7th brings.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:30 pm

It brought some random OLB from Cal I've never heard of and a QB. Yeah.

If it wasn't for other teams refusing to accept Grier trading up while not offering any picks next year and saving him from taking Dean, this would've gone down as the worst draft in franchise history. And that's REALLY saying something!

I now hate Flores even MORE for somehow making GRIER look like the competent one in their power struggle Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 02, 2022 10:43 am

I actually heard that Tindall was the player they tried to trade up for.

For me, signing Kellen Diesch makes up for not taking Tom.

The dude from Cal sounds like he's got good pass rush ability. I'll never complain about drafting late-round pass rushers and developmental QBs.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon May 02, 2022 11:06 am

With Terron and Williams added to the mix, I suspect the whole organization thought they had enough pieces to fill out the O-line. With better coaching and development, I suspect they are right.

I was never high on Diesch, but admit he could be a great UDFA pickup.

And yeah, Goode is going to be setup to rush the passer it is sounding like. He has a 39" vertical to go along with some excellent overall agility!!

I really HOPE these moves work out.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 02, 2022 11:39 am

finfanatic wrote:

I was never high on Diesch, but admit he could be a great UDFA pickup.

He's raw but it looks to me like he just needs some technique work that should be easily coachable now that we have a competent OL coach. I think Diesch is a keeper.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 02, 2022 11:43 am

We may disagree (especially now) but I love the debating and back and forth a lot better than me talking to myself the past couple of days Laughing

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon May 02, 2022 9:04 pm

This year I barely looked at the draft. I love the anticipation of the 1st and 2nd round picks. It made this draft not as interesting to me. The team needs to lose Grier. The simple truth is he's more miss than hit.

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 02, 2022 9:15 pm

After a stellar 2021 draft and 2022 offseason, Grier has put this team in a position to contend this season. We'll see how it all plays out, but this roster and coaching staff look pretty damn good from my perspective.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 02, 2022 9:24 pm

JMP wrote:After a stellar 2021 draft and 2022 offseason, Grier has put this team in a position to contend this season.  We'll see how it all plays out, but this roster and coaching staff look pretty damn good from my perspective.

"Stellar"??? Well, let's see...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2021_draft.htm

Okay, so the first three picks were decent enough. The last four, not so much. Then again that really DOES qualify as stellar by this team's standards so I guess you're right in a twisted sort of way Laughing Laughing Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 02, 2022 9:35 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:After a stellar 2021 draft and 2022 offseason, Grier has put this team in a position to contend this season.  We'll see how it all plays out, but this roster and coaching staff look pretty damn good from my perspective.

"Stellar"??? Well, let's see...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2021_draft.htm

Okay, so the first three picks were decent enough. The last four, not so much. Then again that really DOES qualify as stellar by this team's standards so I guess you're right in a twisted sort of way Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yes, those first three picks were indeed stellar. If you want to consider than as nothing more than "decent", well, I'd say your agenda is showing. Razz

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 02, 2022 9:47 pm

JMP wrote:Yes, those first three picks were indeed stellar.  If you want to consider than as nothing more than "decent", well, I'd say your agenda is showing.  Razz

And I'd say your homerism is showing by pronouncing a draft as "stellar" after just one season Razz

I can fully understand why you don't want to mention the 2020 draft though...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 02, 2022 9:53 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Yes, those first three picks were indeed stellar.  If you want to consider than as nothing more than "decent", well, I'd say your agenda is showing.  Razz

And I'd say your homerism is showing by pronouncing a draft as "stellar" after just one season Razz

I can fully understand why you don't want to mention the 2020 draft though...

It's not being a homer to think that Waddle, Phillips and Holland were home run picks. All of them were excellent as rookies and should only get better.

I wasn't discussing the 2020 draft, but it could end up being the draft that brings this team a Super Bowl - IF Tua turns out to be the QB I believe he will be under McDaniel.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down