The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins vs. Bears predictions + GAME THREAD

+4
finfanatic
white1
DolFan 316
JMP
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dolphins vs. Bears predictions + GAME THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: Dolphins vs. Bears predictions + GAME THREAD

Post by JEGnj Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:05 pm

Miami got lucky to win this game. Horrible play calling and clock management. Horrible D. Refs missing penalties.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Dolphins vs. Bears predictions + GAME THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: Dolphins vs. Bears predictions + GAME THREAD

Post by finskev Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:16 pm

Tua needs to quit throwing off his back foot , Waddle throw off back foot, Throw to Smythe set your feet it will be easy completion. Defense makes stops Last Two Drives to Win. We made Fields look like a Million Bucks Running the Ball.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:01 pm

Overall the offense was what I expected. I knew that if we couldnt run the ball it would be close. I think offensively again, crucial playcaling in crucial moments really made it closer than it really was. I noticed we completely abandoned the RPO game in favor of play action. I dont quite understand it when Tyreek had a monster game using the RPO.

Tua needs to stop throwing cute passes to the fade down the sideline. He has an above average arm. The read to waddle was a bit late but he could have muscled the ball a little instead of trying to drop it in.

Defensively, the jury is still out on Chubb. Its only been one game but, I didn't see him getting a lot of pressure. We need to get CB's like yesterday. We need man corners with length ASAP! Nuff said
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:08 pm

The playcalling wasn't the problem - it was the execution. Smythe was wide open on that 4th down play - Tua just made an awful pass. But the play was there. And on the next series, Waddle was wide open on 3rd and 11. But Tua underthrew the ball, and Waddle still had a chance to catch it - but didn't. Again, the play was there. I hated the two runs before that pass, but the 3rd down call was perfect.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:22 pm

A win's a win. IMO this isn't like the Gase-era wins where the team would get routinely outgained by 100 or more and go 3 and out half the time and only win because the other team missed 3 FGs or dropped a wide open pass in the end zone or something ridiculous like that. These games are essentially being played evenly. In fact the Fins have now been outgained in just 2 of 9 games and out-first downed only 3 of 9 games this season, period. Opponents aren't giving the games away, the Fins are taking them.

I warned you all that any team who barely beat the teams with the league's worst point differentials by far wasn't good enough to go out and thrash anybody--and then I fell into the trap myself! Embarassed From now on, I will only predict narrow one score wins and be happy when they happen, which should be as long as Tua stays upright.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:47 pm

I will say that McDaniel needs to cut out the under 40 coach groupthink of "I need to go for every 4th down in the second half after I cross midfield when I'm ahead because analytics!" Morestead was signed for a reason. USE him.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:04 pm

I tend to agree on the 4th down calls, but the 4th down late in the game was the right move IMO. A FG there would still have allowed the Bears to win with a TD, so it was essentially meaningless. And with Sanders kicking, a FG certainly wasn't a sure thing.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:07 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:A win's a win. IMO this isn't like the Gase-era wins where the team would get routinely outgained by 100 or more and go 3 and out half the time and only win because the other team missed 3 FGs or dropped a wide open pass in the end zone or something ridiculous like that. These games are essentially being played evenly. In fact the Fins have now been outgained in just 2 of 9 games and out-first downed only 3 of 9 games this season, period. Opponents aren't giving the games away, the Fins are taking them.

I warned you all that any team who barely beat the teams with the league's worst point differentials by far wasn't good enough to go out and thrash anybody--and then I fell into the trap myself! Embarassed From now on, I will only predict narrow one score wins and be happy when they happen, which should be as long as Tua stays upright.

We could have blown a 17 point lead, like the Raiders did today for the third (!!!) time this season. What's great is we are sitting here critiquing individual plays - in a game where we won! Most seasons, we're bitching about plays that led to losses! Winning ugly is still winning...and at 6-3 we're still on track to do all the things we want to do this season.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:14 pm

JMP wrote:We could have blown a 17 point lead, like the Raiders did today for the third (!!!) time this season.  What's great is we are sitting here critiquing individual plays - in a game where we won!  Most seasons, we're bitching about plays that led to losses!  Winning ugly is still winning...and at 6-3 we're still on track to do all the things we want to do this season.

All I know is 6-3 feels a hell of a lot better than 1-7 cheers cheers cheers This time the close ones are going our way (mostly, there was that darn Vikings game). Not like last season with the ridiculous Falcons and Jags losses Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

It's become increasingly apparent over the last 15 years but is now blatantly obvious--in the modern NFL running doesn't matter. D matters only slightly more than running. Every team has more injuries than ever it seems. It pretty much all comes down to which team has the better QB who plays the best in the game. Period. And as long as Tua isn't taken out via spotter fiat, that team should be the Fins in almost every game from here on out. It's a very surreal feeling being on the other end of the QB spectrum for once...

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:16 pm

Yep. With Tua at QB, I feel like we are in every game. Having a legit QB is an ENORMOUS advantage in today's NFL.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3