The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fins D On Pace To Set Embarrassing Record

4 posters

Go down

Fins D On Pace To Set Embarrassing Record Empty Fins D On Pace To Set Embarrassing Record

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:00 am

In an earlier post I revealed that they have allowed at least 27 points in every road game this season so far.

SO...I got curious and wanted to find out if any D had done this for an entire season. And the answer was...yes. The Colts (but not the infamous '81 team shockingly) and the '16 Browns (the 1-15 edition) harked up at least 27 in every road game those seasons.

HOWEVER...since the season is now 17 games long, and the Fins have 9 road games, they can break this record. If they give up 27 VS the Herberts they definitely will VS the Bills, meaning the Pats would be the only team standing in the way.

https://stathead.com/tiny/h6GZc

In addition, only one team in Fins history has done this as many as 7 times so they could still easily at least tie that record as well. They're already the only other team that's done it as many as 6 times as it is!

https://stathead.com/tiny/a1dRN

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Fins D On Pace To Set Embarrassing Record Empty Re: Fins D On Pace To Set Embarrassing Record

Post by white1 Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:08 am

Clearly the assessment this offseason that "the defense is set, just need to fix the offense" was way, way wrong.

It's okay. Really.

I know we can turn around this defense in a single offseason. It's too talented to be performing like this.
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Fins D On Pace To Set Embarrassing Record Empty Re: Fins D On Pace To Set Embarrassing Record

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:15 am

white1 wrote:Clearly the assessment this offseason that "the defense is set, just need to fix the offense" was way, way wrong.

It's okay.  Really.  

I know we can turn around this defense in a single offseason.  It's too talented to be performing like this.  

We both know it can be turned around by making just one move--that doesn't even involve a player.

The LBs definitely need work but when I look around at team rosters as a whole only a tiny handful of them have multiple good, let alone great LBs anymore. As much as I bash and trash Grier, this team seems to have an uncanny ability to just plug and play DBs (with one notable exception) and the front seven certainly has more good players than bad ones. The Bills have a clear edge at LB but other than that I honestly can't see a huge talent disparity between the two Ds.  scratch Yet theirs is producing at a far higher level week in and week out.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:18 am

Agree. Chubb - Phillips - Wilkins - Sieler - Davis is an excellent core for the front 7. And that's with Ogbah hurt, he only adds to the group.

LB could definitely use an upgrade, but when you're stout on the D line like we are, that's OK.

It's mystifying why this group isn't playing better.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:19 am

white1 wrote:Clearly the assessment this offseason that "the defense is set, just need to fix the offense" was way, way wrong.

I actually don't have a problem with the decision, despite the results. We have a rookie head coach who works on the offensive side. With the disaster our offense was in, McD had enough on his plate without rebuilding the defense too. Fixing the offense was priority #1. I think the thought process was that the D would simply take a backseat to the offense in year 1. I do expect defensive changes in year 2.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 and white1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:52 pm

JMP wrote:

I actually don't have a problem with the decision, despite the results. We have a rookie head coach who works on the offensive side.  With the disaster our offense was in, McD had enough on his plate without rebuilding the defense too.  Fixing the offense was priority #1.  I think the thought process was that the D would simply take a backseat to the offense in year 1.  I do expect defensive changes in year 2.

I actually think that offseason plan worked. The injuries is what really made us lose continuity. The main reason that Boyer was retained by McDaniel. We lost a starting CB, Safety, Nickel CB, and Our leading Sack leader last season. But somehow, we just finda away to support the offense.
Umix10
Umix10

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down