The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some QB's + Phins sign Mike White

+4
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
JMP
CarsonChris
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Some QB's + Phins sign Mike White - Page 2 Empty Re: Some QB's + Phins sign Mike White

Post by finfanatic Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:51 am

I heard somebody saying that A A Ron is wanting some of his players from GB to be included in the deal to go to NY?

If this deal goes thru, I hope it works out about like the Favre Jets Deal did.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Some QB's + Phins sign Mike White - Page 2 Empty Re: Some QB's + Phins sign Mike White

Post by JMP Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:02 pm

finfanatic wrote:I heard somebody saying that A A Ron is wanting some of his players from GB to be included in the deal to go to NY?

I would think the Jets will go after WR Alan Lazard if they get Rodgers. Maybe TE Robert Tonyan as well, and even WR Randall Cobb if he doesn't retire. I believe all 3 are free agents? Supposedly they are also looking at RB Jamaal Williams, former Packer, but I think he'll be looking for a team that will guarantee him more carries.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:03 pm

JMP wrote:
finfanatic wrote:I heard somebody saying that A A Ron is wanting some of his players from GB to be included in the deal to go to NY?

I would think the Jets will go after WR Alan Lazard if they get Rodgers.  Maybe TE Robert Tonyan as well, and even WR Randall Cobb if he doesn't retire.  I believe all 3 are free agents?  Supposedly they are also looking at RB Jamaal Williams, former Packer, but I think he'll be looking for a team that will guarantee him more carries.

It would be such a Jets thing to do to sign a bunch of players from a team that missed the playoffs the previous season Laughing Laughing Laughing

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:11 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:

I would think the Jets will go after WR Alan Lazard if they get Rodgers.  Maybe TE Robert Tonyan as well, and even WR Randall Cobb if he doesn't retire.  I believe all 3 are free agents?  Supposedly they are also looking at RB Jamaal Williams, former Packer, but I think he'll be looking for a team that will guarantee him more carries.

It would be such a Jets thing to do to sign a bunch of players from a team that missed the playoffs the previous season Laughing Laughing Laughing

Exactly! And what Jets fans don't seem to realize is that Rodgers hasn't won a Super Bowl in TWELVE YEARS...and in that time he's been on some damn good Packers teams that were better than the current Jets team. I'm going to love watching the reactions when Rodgers refuses to show up at OTAs and won't spend extra practice time with the Jets young receivers - and you know both of those things are coming.

I also find it interesting that 31 teams in the NFL want absolutely nothing to do with the clown-show that 2023 Aaron Rodgers is...yet the Jets are falling all over themselves to acquire him!

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:19 pm

Phins signed former Jets backup QB Mike White. Unfortunately.

Good call by FF!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:48 pm

Eh, kind of reminds me of Matt Moore a bit. Career backup, and when he's on, he can have big games. Not consistent - that's why he's a career backup.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:56 pm

white1 wrote:Eh, kind of reminds me of Matt Moore a bit.  Career backup, and when he's on, he can have big games.  Not consistent - that's why he's a career backup.

White plays well in spurts, but his overall stats are horrifically bad. He was excellent is his first game this season, against the Bears, but in his other 3 starts he was terrible - 0 TDs and 4 INTs. In 2021, he had 2 good games and 2 awful games.

But this is what the backup QB position looks like in 2023. Which is why I just wanted to stick with Skylar as the #2 and not waste money on a scrub like White.

On the plus side, he's tough as nails and grew up as a Dolphins fan.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:32 pm

Chris Grier is an F'N MORON. We have a starting QB that has a history of injuries and now a major concussion concern and he signs a backup QB with a losing record that can not make it through a single game let alone a season.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:08 pm

Well White was only throwing to Wilson with the Jets, His Options with us will be a lot better.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:54 pm

JMP wrote:Mike White???  Ugh...please no.  Waste of a roster spot IMO.  I'd much rather develop Thompson than waste time with a dead-end veteran like White.

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh wait, why am I laughing? That's not funny at all...

SO...who does FF think Grier is signing next, pray tell? scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:23 am

Well, it says something about a QB when he gets picked to start in front of Zach Wilson and Joe Flacco.

It is up to you to determine if what it says is a good thing or not!!

Laughing

No, the Phins wanted a Vet QB to add to the mix. White can look good at times, and not so good, but the Jets offense struggled no matter who was playing QB last year.

Truth be told, I for one, am hoping Skylar plays so well in preseason the Phins can cut White.

The names the Phins would LIKE to have at backup QB are going to get more to go elsewhere, so that left journeymen
and old Vets, and White fit that description. Plus he knows the division and might have a few tidbits to help the Phins
when they face the Jets.

I was thinking it was either re-sign Turdy Bilgewater, or White (or someone like White?) . And I was hoping Grier and McD had seen enough
from Turdy to know there is just something not "there" in him anymore.

DF316 wrote:SO...who does FF think Grier is signing next, pray tell? scratch

I have never been able to figure out Grier's methodology or the why/how
of his personnel decisions for the most part.

It does seem odd to me that the Phins haven't gone after an Olineman so far? Kick a few tires down the Oline road as it were?

I think the prices some of the guys they were interested in are driving them to wait.

Of course, Grier may have been serious when the said the Phins are good with Eichenberg and Jackson and ...

Sad
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:38 am

finfanatic wrote:

It does seem odd to me that the Phins haven't gone after an Olineman so far? Kick a few tires down the Oline road as it were?

I think the prices some of the guys they were interested in are driving them to wait.

I think that's it exactly - the OL prices in free agency have been astronomical.  The Phins aren't signing any linemen at the prices we're seeing.  I absolutely think they'll add a free agent or two - but likely after the first wave of signings dies down when they can find bargains. Keep an eye on Shaq Mason - the Bucs might cut him and I think he's a player the Phins could look at.  He's played RG most of his career, but he should be able to play LG as well (he played there as a rookie I think).

EDIT: Never mind...Mason traded to Texans.

Last edited by JMP on Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:39 am

The Mike White deal looks better today now that I see the details. It's essentially a one-year deal for $4 million, with a club option next year. Very little guaranteed money.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:50 am

Interesting.  Skylar has a great camp, and I think they do cut White.  Or he's relegated to 3rd string.

Oh: One thing I shouldn't forget. The fantasy site I use for FFL *loves* Thompson. They did a full film breakdown showing the skills they believe can be developed and built around. The long shot with Thompson is that 7th round picks don't get a lot of opportunities. He had one in Buffalo and did ok but not great. We'll see if he gets another. First step for sure is to beat out White this year in camp. That's his first job, let's see if it happens.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:56 am

white1 wrote:Interesting.  Skylar has a great camp, and I think they do cut White.  Or he's relegated to 3rd string.

Oh:  One thing I shouldn't forget.  The fantasy site I use for FFL *loves* Thompson.  They did a full film breakdown showing the skills they believe can be developed and built around.  The long shot with Thompson is that 7th round picks don't get a lot of opportunities.  He had one in Buffalo and did ok but not great.  We'll see if he gets another.  First step for sure is to beat out White this year in camp.  That's his first job, let's see if it happens.

I agree - Skylar has a real chance to take the #2 job.

JMP
Admin

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:59 am

white1 wrote:Interesting.  Skylar has a great camp, and I think they do cut White.  Or he's relegated to 3rd string.

Oh:  One thing I shouldn't forget.  The fantasy site I use for FFL *loves* Thompson.  They did a full film breakdown showing the skills they believe can be developed and built around.  The long shot with Thompson is that 7th round picks don't get a lot of opportunities.  He had one in Buffalo and did ok but not great.  We'll see if he gets another.  First step for sure is to beat out White this year in camp.  That's his first job, let's see if it happens.

Not making Skylar the 2nd stringer last preseason because for some reason it was far more important to keep Bridgewater and his "I don't give a damn" energy there instead was a huge mistake and I said so at the time. There is no third string QB who will get anywhere near enough reps on a weekly basis to develop, which is why most teams stopped having one at all.

DolFan 316

JMP and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:37 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

Not making Skylar the 2nd stringer last preseason because for some reason it was far more important to keep Bridgewater and his "I don't give a damn" energy there instead was a huge mistake and I said so at the time. There is no third string QB who will get anywhere near enough reps on a weekly basis to develop, which is why most teams stopped having one at all.  

I don't know what was up with Turdy last year, but I guess I was not the only one who thought he seemed sort of lackadaisical, half-hearted in his efforts. He always seemed to be SLOW as smoke off a sled dog's dump in the Iditarod race!!

One thing about White; I doubt he will be as lackadaisical as was Turdy Bilgewater last year!

That's one of my all time favorite nicknames for a player, DF316. Not only is it alliterative, it is highly accurate! Props on that!
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:56 am

I knew there was a reason I liked Mike White?

A pic of young Mike White....

Some QB's + Phins sign Mike White - Page 2 Screen19

I think I used to have a shirt like that one??

That poor Dolphins fan having to actually suffer while playing for the Jets. He probably subconsciously tossed a few INTs out of his deep seated hatred for all things Jets!!

Very Happy
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:00 am

Well I was hoping my man Teddy would do the job, but he had his opportunity last year and didn't do squat with it.

Certainly OK with White competing with Thompson. I felt a lot better about Thompson after the wild card game, despite the mistakes. Guy stood toe to toe with the almighty Allen and almost pulled the duel out.

HalCHorn

JMP, DolFan 316 and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2