The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good-bye DirecTV, hello YouTubeTV

3 posters

Go down

Good-bye DirecTV, hello YouTubeTV Empty Good-bye DirecTV, hello YouTubeTV

Post by JMP Thu May 18, 2023 4:25 pm

I have officially entered the streaming world!  I signed up for YouTubeTV over the weekend, and just canceled DirecTV today.  

There's definitely going to be an adjustment period, but so far I really like the YouTubeTV interface.  The hardest part for me is not having channel numbers and having to rely on the guide to get to what I want to watch, but that's really not a big deal - especially because you can customize the guide.  As add-ons, I got HBOMax, AMC+ and Screambox (horror movies) and I'm saving about $100 a month!  And of course I ordered Sunday Ticket to take advantage of the discounted price. Definitely happy so far.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Good-bye DirecTV, hello YouTubeTV Empty Re: Good-bye DirecTV, hello YouTubeTV

Post by mercury22nathan Fri May 19, 2023 7:41 am

i'm assuming you already have Amazon Prime for those riveting Thursday night matchups. and now you'll need Peacock too.

Peacock, NBC’s streaming platform, will present an NFL wild card game in prime time on Saturday, Jan. 13. Kick-off for the game will be slated for 8 p.m. ET.

The exclusive showing will follow the afternoon wild card game to be broadcast on NBC and streamed on Peacock at 4:30 p.m. ET.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/peacock-host-first-ever-exclusive-live-streamed-nfl-playoff-game-2024#:~:text=Peacock%20will%20become%20the%20home,and%20the%20NFL%20announced%20Monday.&text=Peacock%2C%20NBC's%20streaming%20platform%2C%20will,slated%20for%208%20p.m.%20ET.

hopefully the Dolphins will be sitting at home waiting to host in the conference round, but i have this awful feeling i'll be scrambling to sign up for Peacock to see them in a playoff game.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri May 19, 2023 8:47 am

YouTube TV messed the bed in an NBA playoff game this week.

I heard late in the game, a four minute outage caused by Dynamic Ad Insertion - viewers saw a Disney commercial on loop and it never stopped.

It's a bug. They can fix it. But they better be a lot more reliable than that on Sundays!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 19, 2023 9:36 am

white1 wrote:YouTube TV messed the bed in an NBA playoff game this week.

I heard late in the game, a four minute outage caused by Dynamic Ad Insertion - viewers saw a Disney commercial on loop and it never stopped.

It's a bug.  They can fix it.  But they better be a lot more reliable than that on Sundays!

Supposedly that was a TNT issue and not a YouTube issue, from what I read. But I'm not worried about that - Google owns YouTube, and they'll make sure everything is perfect for the NFL.

Merc, I did see that there will be a playoff game on Peacock. What a joke - it's a total inconvenience, but it is what it is. Peacock is just $5 a month right now, so most likely I'll just sign up the day before the game and then cancel immediately after. And yes, I do have Amazon Prime - I don't watch it much at this point, but I did watch all the Thursday night games this past season.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down