The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fins at Pats Game Day

+6
HalCHorn
Umix10
JMP
finskev
DolFan 316
JEGnj
10 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fins at Pats Game Day - Page 5 Empty Re: Fins at Pats Game Day

Post by Umix10 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:24 pm

Refs sucked and gave every opportunity to the pats to win. Gesicki’s forward progress was stopped and they allowed the pla6
Umix10
Umix10

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:24 pm

finskev wrote:Won by a 6 inch Hard on. I will take it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 and CarsonChris like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:31 pm

WOW that was close. Take the W and enjoy.
Eli Apple does suck.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP and CarsonChris like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:34 pm

AND WE NEED A CENTER
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:39 pm

I...I can't believe they actually won Shocked Shocked Shocked

Seriously, my mind is unable to process this right now.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:41 pm

Whatever that new outside guy charging the kicker was affected the 55 yarder. That will be looked at this week on special teams as a new scheme and ways to block.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:43 pm

Pats just can't get the big plays without Brady. Had one more first down but 101 fewer yards than the Fins.

I have decided that from now on I'm staying up for the entirety of all night games the Fins play no matter how tired I am. Gotta take one for the team.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:43 pm

Sloppy Dolphins game but good enough for the win. Mostert player of the game on offense, Chubb player of game on defense. Honorable mention, Tua on O and VanGinkle on D. 

We need to fix the snap and figure out how to block the motion man on the field goals. Might need to run a fake to the motion side?

CarsonChris

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:45 pm

Best way to beat a Belichick D is and always has been to run, run and run some more. Glad Mostert was up to it. But I have no idea why Brooks is on the roster if he's never going to be used at all. scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:49 pm

I take it Connor Williams's bum ass had some bad snaps yet again? Evil or Very Mad

I'm now officially in favor of him being traded. I don't care for who or what, even Jonathan Taylor, although the Colts probably need him now. Maybe Ryan Kelly's concussion will keep him out a long time, hmmm...

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:59 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Nice to pull it out, but the snaps are becoming a huge problem that will end up costing us a game.  Almost did tonight.  C is becoming a real problem IMO.

I'll go ahead and say it. Connor Williams is doing this on purpose as part of his hissyfit to demand more money. I refuse to believe ANYBODY could have that many bad snaps otherwise.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:01 am

BTW what happened to Ogbah? Did he get hurt? The box score doesn't have him listed as doing ANYTHING scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:15 am

DolFan 316 wrote:BTW what happened to Ogbah? Did he get hurt? The box score doesn't have him listed as doing ANYTHING scratch

I saw him a couple of times, but he really didn't do anything. Seems like using him as an OLB just isn't working.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:21 am

I don't understand how Williams can have so many bad exchanges. I don't remember that last year?

CarsonChris

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:23 am

Ogbah is dead weight, dead money.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:25 am

CarsonChris wrote:I don't understand how Williams can have so many bad exchanges. I don't remember that last year?

I'm trying to tell you. He's doing the millennial thing of "quiet quitting" and refusing to do his job properly so that he'll get paid more to do his job that he's screwing up on purpose.

It makes no sense to me or any other sane, rational person but in a millennial's mind it does somehow.

Also, Tua needs to be like my younger nephew and tell Williams in practice to snap the ball right or get off the field. Yes, he actually did this to his center once and they almost came to blows from what I heard. Tua's just too damn nice sometimes.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:27 am

CarsonChris wrote:Ogbah is dead weight, dead money.

I honestly wouldn't mind if he was cut or traded this season. A practice squad player could produce as much as he does for 10% of the price.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:50 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Ogbah is dead weight, dead money.

I honestly wouldn't mind if he was cut or traded this season. A practice squad player could produce as much as he does for 10% of the price.

He's pretty much impossible to cut/trade this season because of the cap hit, but there is an out in the contract for this offseason so he'll definitely be cut then.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:23 am

Ogbah is dead weight, dead money.

Yep. I liked him when he fit the scheme, and he earned that contract extension with a very good season. Collateral damage from transitioning to a wholly different defense. It's going to happen with certain players.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:38 am

JEGnj wrote:Whatever that new outside guy charging the kicker was affected the 55 yarder. That will be looked at this week on special teams as a new scheme and ways to block.

this type of FG block is nothing new, but it did catch the Phins off guard. its a timing play. the DB, Schooler, was watching the play clock to time his run. the Miami FG unit has a habit of running the play clock and snapping between 4-5 seconds on FG attempts. the Pats picked up on this and timed it perfectly. the easiest way to defeat this kind of rush is to vary your FG attempt snap times. snap it earlier and he can't get there - snap it second or two later and he has to hesitate or run offsides.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:19 am

The last Williams snap was right up in his Ass, The Qb isn’t supposed to Tickle your Ass to get the Ball. AVG was everywhere last Night and Chubb might had his best game as Fin.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:14 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:
JEGnj wrote:Whatever that new outside guy charging the kicker was affected the 55 yarder. That will be looked at this week on special teams as a new scheme and ways to block.

this type of FG block is nothing new, but it did catch the Phins off guard.  its a timing play.  the DB, Schooler, was watching the play clock to time his run.  the Miami FG unit has a habit of running the play clock and snapping between 4-5 seconds on FG attempts.  the Pats picked up on this and timed it perfectly.  the easiest way to defeat this kind of rush is to vary your FG attempt snap times.  snap it earlier and he can't get there - snap it second or two later and he has to hesitate or run offsides.

McDaniel even admitted he wasn't prepared for this in his postgame presser. Something tells me he will be from now on. As a coach he's a little *too* honest sometimes.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:48 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:McDaniel even admitted he wasn't prepared for this in his postgame presser. Something tells me he will be from now on. As a coach he's a little *too* honest sometimes.

except that is Danny Crossman's job - STs being prepared and all. McDaniel is taking a bullet for his ST coach. but i guess as the HC, McDaniel is ultimately responsible and he is the guy who chose to keep Crossman around.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:44 am

mercury22nathan wrote:its a timing play.  the DB, Schooler, was watching the play clock to time his run.  the Miami FG unit has a habit of running the play clock and snapping between 4-5 seconds on FG attempts.  the Pats picked up on this and timed it perfectly.  the easiest way to defeat this kind of rush is to vary your FG attempt snap times.  snap it earlier and he can't get there - snap it second or two later and he has to hesitate or run offsides.

well, now i know McDaniel is a smart coach - he realized it was a snap timing issue like me. Laughing

“It was a really cool schematic adjustment by the Patriots,” McDaniel said. “Hats off to them. [Dolphins special teams coach] Danny [Crossman] was on it and knew that we needed to adjust the snap count. They tried to do the same thing on the last field goal that we missed. He wasn’t an impact on that play because we made the appropriate adjustments. But that was a great design. They kind of used one of the motions that we use on offense all the time. Hadn’t seen that before. So that was a great job by them.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article279468714.html

and yeah, Danny was on it...well, after the fact.

oh, and Danny better bring his A-game this Sunday against the Broncos. you know who their assistant HC is, right?

his lordship of all things special teams: https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches-roster/mike-westhoff

you can bet every penny you have that he has analyzed every infinitesimal detail of Miami's special teams and watched that FG block over and over.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:33 pm

Westhoff, wow. I'm actually suprised he's still in the league - but yes, very good ST coach.

A mini-reunion, of sorts, on the opposing coaching staff. Their defense is led by... Vance Joseph! Reportedly a great leader and charismatic speaker, but IMO not a talented Xs and Os guy. Advantage McDaniel for sure in the game planning and play calling department when it's our O vs their D.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next