The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fins at Pats Game Day

+6
HalCHorn
Umix10
JMP
finskev
DolFan 316
JEGnj
10 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Fins at Pats Game Day - Page 6 Empty Re: Fins at Pats Game Day

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:17 pm

The timing of Schooler’s sprint suggests that New England knew exactly when Miami long snapper Blake Ferguson would release the ball and designed its field goal block as a sneak attack to take advantage. As former longtime NFL kicker Shayne Graham told Yahoo Sports on Monday, “Obviously they saw something on film where they were able to time it perfectly. That’s the only way you’d be able to practice that.”

ESPN’s Pat McAfee, a former Indianapolis Colts punter and holder, offered further insight during his Monday show, pointing out that Bailey turns his head to ask Sanders if he’s ready and then takes a deep breath before the ball is snapped. McAfee suggested that Bill Belichick could have picked up on that tell during Bailey’s four seasons as the punter and holder with the Patriots from 2019-2022.

“Bill Belichick probably watched in self-scout going, ‘How has nobody picked up on the fact that this guy does this?’” McAfee surmised.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-patriots-innovative-field-goal-block-will-be-tough-to-imitate-214615736.html

like i said, a simple timing issue that Crossman didn't pick up on.

let me know when you want me to stop talking about this stupid FG block. Twisted Evil

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:58 pm

Great post, merc. And just one more reason for me to be pissed off that Crossman is still the STs coach. Mad

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:36 am

merc wrote:let me know when you want me to stop talking about this stupid FG block. Twisted Evil

I think that one play gave the Pats life. Make that FG andI think the Pats would have been utterly demoralized.

It just goes to show, "You have to be sound in all three facets of the game."

I always deliver that line in my best Ed Ogeron gruff deep Louisiana accent.

Laughing

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6