The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins trade for WR Chase Claypool

+2
finskev
JMP
6 posters

Go down

Phins trade for WR Chase Claypool Empty Phins trade for WR Chase Claypool

Post by JMP Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:04 am

Phins trade a 2025 6th for Claypool and a 2025 7th. So they basically got him for nothing.

I'm not a big fan, but he's huge and can block. With EZ possibly out for the year and Wilson and Chosen offering nothing, I like this move. U

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Phins trade for WR Chase Claypool Empty Re: Phins trade for WR Chase Claypool

Post by finskev Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:43 am

He Bitches to much for me about not getting catches, Now he coming to a Team where he could be 3rd or 4th in line for that category. Has Talent just need to be more Team Oriented, Maybe Coach McDaniel & Welker can fix Him.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:54 am

JMP wrote:...but he's huge and can block.

if what you say here is true, then i'm ok with for this reason...

Receivers coach Wes Welker acknowledged that losing River Cracraft - who’s out indefinitely with a shoulder injury - was hurtful because he’s the team’s best blocking receiver.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article273102500.html

mercury22nathan

JMP and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:55 am

Not a big fan of this move. But it might MIGHT work out. I am thinking it probably will not.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:44 pm

Well, all Claypool really has to do is be the #4 or 5 receiver. He's 6'4" and almost 240, so he's the big body this WR group needs. He is a better blocker than Wilson and Chosen are, and he has a knack for making highlight-reel catches.

Now, will he be content to be mostly a blocker and see very few targets? That remains to be seen. But adding a guy with his skillset for free, with no strings attached (he's a free agent after the season), is really a no brainer and could turn out to be a pretty shrewd move by Grier.

If it doesn't work out, we lose literally nothing.

JMP
Admin

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:47 pm

And you guys didn't want Grier trading for Burns Shocked Shocked Shocked

This is actually the final straw for me. Grier has to go YESTERDAY Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Claypool is the epitome of "locker room cancer". Also, all Bears fans I came across say that he's HORRIBLE at blocking to the point where he literally doesn't even TRY doing it, and that's actually what started the chain of events that led to this debacle!!!

Remember, all Cecil Collins cost was a 5th round pick. No, I haven't forgotten people saying that 24 years a now.

UNLESS...this thread was designed to prank me and is fake news. Yeah, that must be it. Congrats guys, I fell for it. You got me good. We can all have a big Laughing about it now, I can take a little ribbing. It was silly of me to think this was actually real. Trade for Claypool...even GRIER wouldn't be THAT dumb. LMAO!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:08 pm

OMG this IS real!!! affraid affraid affraid

Considering the Bears suddenly looked like an offensive juggernaut with JUSTIN FREAKING FIELDS at QB without Claypool (and they could've easily beaten the Broncos as well) this trade is ALREADY an epic fail. Yes, I've written it off and this really REALLY needs to be the final nail in Grier's coffin.

Here are some of the comments from the link below about it.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/10/bears-to-trade-wr-chase-claypool-to-dolphins

Dolphins don’t need him. Why add that cancer to your lockeroom. Doesn’t even have the upside to justify the risk.

He definitely is going to be a drama queen and potentially screw with the chemistry in the locker room

Bad move.

Coincidence that Chicago’s offense showed signs of life once he was kept away from the rest of the team?

Miami, in desperate need for help on the offensive line, trades for a disgruntled, overhyped wide receiver. Another brilliant move by the Dolphins front office.

I didn’t blame Poles for trading to get Claypool. The Bears WR’s last season sucked and the Bears had to find someone for Fields to throw to to see if Fields was even the QB they wanted. And no one knew their 2nd rounder would be the first pick of the 2nd round. I think all the blame is on yet another nut job of a WR. And he’s in a contract year this season!! It’s incredible that he chose now to shut down. And Miami will soon find out. I’m impressed Poles got anything for him.

WHEN this team loses to the Giants AND Panthers, this mind-blowingly moronic move will be the reason. The universe is obligated to punish a display of incompetence THIS massively monumental ASAP.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:27 pm

DISGUSTING!!! NAUSEATING!!! UTTERLY REVOLTING!!!

Yes, this is my third consecutive post in the thread. That's how strongly I feel about this.

The more I think about it, the more this reminds me of the utterly nonsensical and totally random Lawrence Phillips signing in '97--right before the Fins lost 41-0 to the 2-win Colts, then to the Pats twice, then cut him. And at least JJ didn't actually trade for the guy.

CHASE CLAYPOOL!!! GRIER ACTUALLY TRADED FOR CHASE FREAKING CLAYPOOL!!! THIS IS ACTUALLY A THING HE DID!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:16 am

It's only for the rest of the season and it shows the WR room is filled with injuries. Hoping Hill, Waddle, and Welker can make him useful and get something out of him.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:38 am

Really nothing not to like about this trade. He's the 4th or 5th receiver and has a skillet that fits perfectly in this offense, and he cost absolutely nothing. If he wants to play, he's a massive upgrade to the WR corps...and if he doesn't, we cut him and lose nothing.

Claypool is big, fast and one of the most athletic receivers to come out of the draft maybe ever. If anyone can find a way to use him, it's McDaniel.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:26 am

JMP wrote:Claypool is big, fast and one of the most athletic receivers to come out of the draft maybe ever.

And one of the most lacking between the ears ever! There's a reason he's on his third team in three years. There's a reason why no other team wanted him, to the point where if Grier had just waited to next week the Bears would've cut him. Chase Claypool is such a black hole of negative energy that without him suddenly the Bad News Bears look like playoff contenders and he's about to make the Fins look like the league's worst team just by his mere presence! Mark my words, you'll see. You'll ALL see. Every other GM in the league is mocking Grier for this. They won't do it publicly of course but they're mocking.

He's arrived too late to help at all VS the Giants, and probably won't VS the Panthers either. This team's losing to the Eagles and Chiefs regardless so he won't help in those games either. People out here acting like Grier just traded for Jerry Rice instead of a much lazier TO. SMH. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Hopefully McDaniel or Grier comes to his senses and cuts Claypool WHEN the Fins go into their bye on a SIX game losing streak!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:44 am

I am always leery of players that play well for the Steelers, but then the Steelers move on from them without attempting to keep them.

There HAS TO BE some issue that even the freakin' Steelers couldn't cope with.

Anyway... Maybe this works out, but I am thinking NOT.

It really goes to reinforce what we already knew about how the Phins feel about Wilson though. They force him to take a pay cut. They bring in Chosen. And now, they go get a guy who when he was playing for them, made the Bears look WORSE on offense than when they sat him down!!!

Grier's "turrible, turrible" free agent signings, but we already knew he had way overpaid for Wilson, so...
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:00 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:WHEN the Fins go into their bye on a SIX game losing streak!    

How's that prediction working out? scratch

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:11 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:WHEN the Fins go into their bye on a SIX game losing streak!    

How's that prediction working out?  scratch

Claypool gave it his best shot with his dark, negative energy causing the 3 turnovers out of nowhere, but apparently he hadn't infected the Fins long enough to actually make them lose this time. Had Grier made this trade 2 days earlier it would've been a different story. Next week will be the start of the downfall after the Claypool Effect has finally set in, you can count on that.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down