The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bills-Jets Thread

4 posters

Go down

Bills-Jets Thread Empty Bills-Jets Thread

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:26 am

Starting this one early because right now it looks like the single most important non-Fins game of the season. Also, the loser might find it next to impossible to make the playoffs. Even the winner might not get in.

Bills *should* win, but then again they already lost to the Rodgers-less Jets once and should've beaten the Broncos at home.

Rooting for the Jets BTW just for the thought of the Bills home crowd completely turning on them Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bills-Jets Thread Empty Re: Bills-Jets Thread

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:30 am

Since the Bills already have 5 wins and are a bigger threat, I suppose I want the Jets to win this one. A Bills loss would drop them to 2-6 in the conference, which would essentially knock them out of the wildcard playoff race due to tiebreakers.

Of course, I always love a Jets loss - so that works too. Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:32 am

JMP wrote:Since the Bills already have 5 wins and are a bigger threat, I suppose I want the Jets to win this one.  A Bills loss would drop them to 2-6 in the conference, which would essentially knock them out of the wildcard playoff race due to tiebreakers.

Of course, I always love a Jets loss - so that works too.   Twisted Evil

But then again a Jets loss would make them come out VS the Fins like a wild animal backed into a corner, so...

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:38 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Since the Bills already have 5 wins and are a bigger threat, I suppose I want the Jets to win this one.  A Bills loss would drop them to 2-6 in the conference, which would essentially knock them out of the wildcard playoff race due to tiebreakers.

Of course, I always love a Jets loss - so that works too.   Twisted Evil

But then again a Jets loss would make them come out VS the Fins like a wild animal backed into a corner, so...

True, but I think they'll be jacked up to beat the Phins at home, on Black Friday, anyway.

The other thought in favor of the Bills winning is that their schedule coming up is insane, and they will likely lose a few more games anyway - so why not let them bury the Jets.

Either way, I'm happy. Very Happy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:38 pm

No words needed:

Football Perspective
@fbgchase

Zach Wilson has thrown a TD on just 20 of his 931 career passes.

His 2.1% touchdown rate is the lowest in NFL history among players with at least 900 passes.

8:45 AM · Nov 13, 2023

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:49 pm

With Saleh pulling this ridiculous and sudden tough guy routine, I now believe the Bills will win this one easily. By "easily" I mean "20-3 or thereabouts". That will lead to the media yammering about how "the Bills are back!" which will hopefully lead to them losing to the Chiefs, Eagles and maybe even the Cowboys too.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:17 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:With Saleh pulling this ridiculous and sudden tough guy routine, I now believe the Bills will win this one easily. By "easily" I mean "20-3 or thereabouts". That will lead to the media yammering about how "the Bills are back!" which will hopefully lead to them losing to the Chiefs, Eagles and maybe even the Cowboys too.

Saleh is a joke. He just stands on the sideline doing absolutely nothing while his team crashes and burns all around him. Shades of Adam Gase...but at least Saleh doesn't sit by himself and completely ignore the game.

Anyway, this is a game the Bills should win, and win easily - but if they turn the ball over a few times (which is very possible) it could become a loss real fast.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:36 am

oh, i like this. is this a new thing? have we every done a thread for a non-Dolphins game?

anyways, i'm torn. i hate the Jets - with a passion. but i really do see the Bills as a bigger threat in the long run (for now). and i think a loss here is indeed the dagger to end the Bills this year (for certain). but i just can't root for the Jets. and besides, their defense still scares me. but the Phins still have both Jets games remaining, so they have the opportunity to ensure the Jets death themselves (will they? - i don't know). either way, i'll be happy to see one of them lose (unless a tie is somehow in the cards).

now, what's so bad about Saleh (asking for a friend)? yes, he's the Jets coach and that in itself is enough to cause dislike. but haven't his defenses (both in SF and NY) been top notch? is it his fault he got saddled with Zach Wilson? and then basically had his head coach control over the offense usurped from above with the Rodgers signing (my guess is Saleh otherwise wouldn't be employing Hackett and probably would've plucked someone from the Kyle Shanahan tree).

is it wrong for me to think that if Fangio somehow decides in a year or two that he's too old to keep doing this and the Jets move on from Saleh, that i wouldn't mind him as the Dolphins DC?

i'm not defending Saleh, just trying to be educated.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:50 am

Saleh may or may not be a great defensive coach - I really don't know. He seemed more like a "rah rah" loud and animated coach with the 49ers, and though he did have really good defenses I think his job was made much easier by having a ton of good players at his disposal. With the Jets as a head coach, he's proven to be a terrible game-day coach, and aside from celebrating when his defense makes a play it isn't clear to me what he's actually doing. Most of the time he's just standing by himself and not talking with anyone, even on his headset.

Jets DC Jeff Ulbrich gets a lot of credit for the success of that D, and I tend think he is more of the defensive mastermind than Saleh. But I really don't know. Saleh seems more style than substance to me. I may be short-changing him, but I'm just not impressed - and I thought the same thing when he was the 49ers DC.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:46 am

McDaniel and Saleh seem to have a connection from their time with the 49ers and may even be legit friends. Merc's scenario isn't that far fetched at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen at some point down the road.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:54 pm

Welp, Saleh's tough guy act and the Carter Cut backfired in a major way. Evil or Very Mad

Too bad by Friday the Jets will come out spitting fire and shut the Fins out. Crying or Very sad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:24 pm

Fins can't be too happy about their play today either. Hopefully our guys will be just as pissed off, as they should be.

Not that it mattered to the Bills today, but I noticed Singletary had another 100 yard game today in a Texans win, and his new team has a better record than the "Super Bowl Contender" that never game him the ball much and didn't try to re-sign him. Ha ha!

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:08 pm

You had ONE job, Jets...

Saleh, you EEEEEDIOT!!! Yeah, cutting Carter in favor of a RB who had...one carry and one catch sure did jumpstart your offense didn't it? Rolling Eyes But hey, you just go ahead and implement "more personnel changes" and lose the locker room even more than you already have. I sure don't mind Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:17 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Fins can't be too happy about their play today either.  Hopefully our guys will be just as pissed off, as they should be.  

Not that it mattered to the Bills today, but I noticed Singletary had another 100 yard game today in a Texans win, and his new team has a better record than the "Super Bowl Contender" that never game him the ball much and didn't try to re-sign him.  Ha ha!

Singletary running like a man possessed these past two weeks! That Texans team is loaded with offensive weapons.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:20 pm

Zach got benched today, replaced by Tim Boyle who came in and did exactly what Zach did: nothing. Not sure who will start Friday, but it doesn't matter - they both suck. Not exactly going out on a limb, but I expect the Dolphins to completely shut down that garbage offense.

Today's game was close until the Bills' offense exploded in the second half. They opened the half with two consecutive TDs and just buried the Jets.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:50 pm

Jets are 3rd in the NFL in yards allowed per pass play, but somewhat surprisingly they are 24th in yards allowed per rush. Hope Hunt is back and Mostert is ready for some work Friday.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:57 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Jets are 3rd in the NFL in yards allowed per pass play, but somewhat surprisingly they are 24th in yards allowed per rush.  Hope Hunt is back and Mostert is ready for some work Friday.

Yeah, they are not great against the run. McD never does this, but I'd love to see him lean on the run game early and often on Friday. Just keep pounding Mostert, and sprinkle in Achane if he is able to go.

The Jets have also had some issues covering slot receivers this season, so there could be opportunities there in the passing game.

On the other side of the ball, Jets LT Mekhi Becton left the game today with what is believed to be a high ankle sprain.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:17 am

ewww. that was a brutal watch. kind of hoping Wilson doesn't lose his starting job this Friday. i'm thinking Ramsey might get a couple more picks.

if Hunt comes back and Achane recovers, any chance Miami scores more than 20 or at least beats the Jets by 2 scores or more?

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:01 am

mercury22nathan wrote:

if Hunt comes back and Achane recovers, any chance Miami scores more than 20 or at least beats the Jets by 2 scores or more?

I think the Phins will win by two scores regardless of who starts at QB for the Jets. Something like 23-6 maybe.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:34 pm

Jets fans around here are ready to blow the whole thing up: fire the GM and head coach, and tank the rest of the season so they can get the #1 pick and draft a QB.

If we can get an early lead Friday, the Jets players just might check out. The fans certainly will.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down