The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media loves to make excuses for Herbert

3 posters

Go down

Media loves to make excuses for Herbert Empty Media loves to make excuses for Herbert

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:24 am

about time someone noticed.

It's not like Justin Herbert hasn't had opportunities to lift his team this season.

The Los Angeles Chargers have lost seven games. In six of those losses, the Chargers had at least one possession in the fourth quarter or overtime trailing by seven or fewer points.

Week 1: Trailing the Dolphins 36-34, the Chargers' drive lost a yard and they turned it over on downs with 55 seconds left.

Week 2: The Chargers got the ball first in overtime against the Titans. They went three-and-out without getting a yard and Tennessee won it on its first possession.

Week 5: Dallas led 20-17 when the Chargers got the ball for one final drive. On the third play, Herbert threw an interception.

Week 6: In a 14-point loss to the Chiefs, the Chargers had four second-half possessions trailing by seven points. They had an interception and three punts.

Week 11: After the Packers took a 23-20 lead in the fourth quarter, the Chargers had two drives. On the first they lost 10 yards and punted. On the last one they got one first down, then turned it over on downs.

Week 12: After Justin Tucker missed a field goal, the Chargers trailed 13-10. They got one first down but turned it over on downs with 1:54 left after getting to Baltimore's 46.

Tua Tagovailoa was derided as a bust because he was drafted ahead of Herbert, yet you haven't heard too often about Tagovailoa currently having the best season either of them has had in the NFL.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rankings-we-need-to-hold-justin-herbert-accountable-for-chargers-failures-052819747.html

read the whole article to see just how comparably easy the media has taken it in Herbert.

Josh Allen - you're next.

mercury22nathan

JMP, DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Media loves to make excuses for Herbert Empty Re: Media loves to make excuses for Herbert

Post by JMP Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:31 am

So glad someone is FINALLY talking about this.

It's at the point where you just KNOW that, in a game-tying/winning situation where the Chargers have the ball late in the game, you're going to see a sack, an INT, and/or a couple of passes thrown to no one. It happens every time. Sometimes it seems like Herbert lacks leadership ability and situational awareness. His accuracy, in particular ball placement, is also very inconsistent and sometimes downright bad. He's a compiler - and a coach-killer - but he isn't a winner.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Media loves to make excuses for Herbert Empty Re: Media loves to make excuses for Herbert

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:11 pm

JMP wrote:So glad someone is FINALLY talking about this.

You mean besides us, 2 months ago?  Cool I kinda feel bad for Merc being so late to the party but better late than never, right?  Very Happy

He's a compiler - and a coach-killer - but he isn't a winner.

Staley was not the coach when Herbert was drafted, Anthony Lynn was. Which means if (more like when) Staley is fired, it'll be the second coach gone in Herbert's four season career! Teams with franchise QBs on them don't go through coaches THAT fast Shocked

(Tua's different, Flores was actively trying to sabotage him and McDaniel I think is safe for at least another season. Just a hunch.)

Say what you want about Allen, but he's got that dawg in him that Herbert lacks.

EDIT: If Herbert can't even beat the Pats then anyone in the media not calling him out for being a fraud is either a idiot, has an obvious agenda or both.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:24 am

Herbert fractured a finger on his throwing hand. There's a good chance he'll miss the rest of the season.

I was hoping the Chargers would put up a fight against the Bills and maybe steal a win when they play in a couple of weeks, but that is now looking like an impossible outcome.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:35 am

JMP wrote:Herbert fractured a finger on his throwing hand.  There's a good chance he'll miss the rest of the season.

I was hoping the Chargers would put up a fight against the Bills and maybe steal a win when they play in a couple of weeks, but that is now looking like an impossible outcome.

I was thinking the exact same thing BEFORE I found out about the finger affraid

The Bills winning out is now a DEFCON 1 level doomsday scenario. I should've known things were too good to be true Evil or Very Mad It baffles, befuddles and bewilders me how the other 3 division teams who were supposed to be in extreme disarray went out and...showed they clearly were NOT in extreme disarray at all. Either that or it made them stronger somehow. scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:05 am

There's a better-than-good chance that the Chargers lose out and finish 5-12. Quite the disappointment after all the Herbert-lovers had them rated as a top team.

The Cowboys-Bills game will be VERY interesting. The Cowboys are on fire lately, but they are just 3-3 on the road. I *think* they'll beat the Bills, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills win.

The good news is that the Bills are still only the #11 seed, with 5 teams ahead of them for the wildcard.

Ultimately, the Chiefs losing yesterday helps us more for the #1 seed, but the Bills would have been all but eliminated from playoff contention if Kadarius Toney wasn't such a moron.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:18 am

it is kind of odd (if not predictable) all the talking heads are using the built-in "Staley sucks" excuse for Herbert's less than stellar performances. i guess hoping for a media mea culpa they were collectively wrong on Herbert is a bit too much to hope for.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down