The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2024 Biggest Free Agent Signing Priority

+4
DolFan 316
JEGnj
JMP
finfanatic
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

2024 Biggest Free Agent Signing Priority - Page 3 Empty Re: 2024 Biggest Free Agent Signing Priority

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:08 pm

Losing Wilkins, Hunt and AVG should get this team not one but TWO 3rd round comp picks next season. In reality the NFL will give them a 5th at best. We all know it. There's a reason the comp pick formula will never be revealed--because then everyone would see how blatantly certain teams are favored while others are deliberately shortchanged for no good reason other than Goodell's whims.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

2024 Biggest Free Agent Signing Priority - Page 3 Empty Re: 2024 Biggest Free Agent Signing Priority

Post by JMP Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:11 pm

As long as the Phins don't go crazy in free agency, they'll end up with at least a 3rd and probably some other picks as well.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:20 pm

JMP wrote:As long as the Phins don't go crazy in free agency, they'll end up with at least a 3rd and probably some other picks as well.

How CAN they go crazy in free agency? scratch I'll be shocked if they sign anybody who's even worthy of being a backup at this point! It'll actually be the most SANE any team has ever been.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:32 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:As long as the Phins don't go crazy in free agency, they'll end up with at least a 3rd and probably some other picks as well.

How CAN they go crazy in free agency? scratch I'll be shocked if they sign anybody who's even worthy of being a backup at this point! It'll actually be the most SANE any team has ever been.

The Phins are going to sign a lot of free agents, by necessity. I think they'll focus mostly on guys that were cut, and lower-priced players, so it won't screw with the compensatory picks. We should be in line for two 3rd rounders as it stands right now.

I do think Queen is very much in play - and his contract will be far below Wilkins and Hunt so it shouldn't impact comp picks.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:24 pm

JMP wrote:I do think Queen is very much in play - and his contract will be far below Wilkins and Hunt so it shouldn't impact comp picks.

Only in the sense that $15 mil per year really WOULD be far below the annual averages of the Wilkins and Hunt contracts Laughing Laughing Laughing But Queen's not signing here regardless. This team's entire FA spending budget won't even equal what he'll be demanding.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:34 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:I do think Queen is very much in play - and his contract will be far below Wilkins and Hunt so it shouldn't impact comp picks.

Only in the sense that $15 mil per year really WOULD be far below the annual averages of the Wilkins and Hunt contracts Laughing Laughing Laughing But Queen's not signing here regardless. This team's entire FA spending budget won't even equal what he'll be demanding.

The Dolphins chose a different path and got a 2 for 1 deal: Brooks and Walker for what it would likely cost to get Queen. I'll take it. I rate Brooks over Queen, personally.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3