The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins offense

4 posters

Go down

Dolphins offense Empty Dolphins offense

Post by CarsonChris Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:01 pm

McDaniel loves those motion plays and lots of deep passes. When it works it works. When it doesn't it's a train wreck. I don't mind the creativity or the heavy pass offense but this team needs some other plays. When the offense struggles we need a designed outlet for the pass. Something underneath. I'm not sure if we don't use this play because of Tua's height or it's not in the playbook? 

Having all short receivers is another issue. I know we use their speed but when Tyreek isn't on the field those short receivers are fairly easy covers. Where's Cesspool? A jump ball in the end zone with a 6-3 or 6-5 receiver is better accomplished with height. 

Screen passes to Mostert or Achane. We always use swing passes.

CarsonChris

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dolphins offense Empty Re: Dolphins offense

Post by JMP Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:20 pm

Tua's height is not an issue at all. He's plenty tall for any and every play, just as the shorter Brees and Wilson were/are.

I think it's just McD's philosophy and preferences. Fortunately, he does seem like he learns and is willing to make changes...it's just that sometimes it takes him awhile. Let's hope he wakes up before the season is lost. I think he falls in love with big plays too much.

We actually have plenty of receivers that are at least 6 feet tall: Wilson, Cracraft, Claypool, Smythe, Kroft and Julian Hill. The last 4 are all at least 6'4". Why don't we take advantage of their height in the redzone? I have no idea!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:49 pm

I would Love to see an Old Fashion Screen Pass with Blockers in Front of Mostert or Achane. Claypool has been Active for these Games Lately why not bring Him in to run the Play they had Hill run when he was Hurt.

finskev

CarsonChris likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:19 pm

finskev wrote:I would Love to see an Old Fashion Screen Pass with Blockers in Front of Mostert or Achane. Claypool has been Active for these Games Lately why not bring Him in to run the Play they had Hill run when he was Hurt.
Exactly.  Some tried and true offensive plays work. They don't all need to be drawn in a secret room like they're some military secret. Some simple plays to gain chunk yards when the downfield plays aren't working. KISS it McDaniel!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:25 pm

finskev wrote: Claypool has been Active for these Games Lately why not bring Him in to run the Play they had Hill run when he was Hurt.

Why? So he can get hurt too? They haven’t been able to get that play blocked anytime they’ve called it.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down