The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine

+4
JMP
finfanatic
DolFan 316
HalCHorn
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine - Page 2 Empty Re: Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine

Post by HalCHorn Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:14 pm

Ok, attempting now after 3 days of FA:

1. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia (21) Can't trade down with him sitting here.
2. Braden Fiske, DT, Florida St (55) Again, can't trade down with him sitting here.
3. Javon Foster, T, Missouri (158) gotta be addressed; could be ready to start right away IMO
finally started trading down after that. 184 for 196, 217; 196 for 221, 227; 198 for 216, 233.
4. Jalen Green, EDGE, James Madison (216) I'll take a flyer on the Sun Belt defensive POY at this point
5. Jaylen Ford, LB, Texas (217)
6. Trey Taylor, S, Air Force (221)
7. Jordan Whittington, WR, Texas (227)
8. Dylan McMahon, C, NC State (233)
9. Trevin Wallace, LB, Kentucky (241)

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine - Page 2 Empty Re: Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine

Post by JMP Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:28 pm

A grand slam for Hal! cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:18 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Ok, attempting now after 3 days of FA:

1. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia (21) Can't trade down with him sitting here.
2. Braden Fiske, DT, Florida St (55) Again, can't trade down with him sitting here.
3. Javon Foster, T, Missouri (158) gotta be addressed; could be ready to start right away IMO
finally started trading down after that.  184 for 196, 217; 196 for 221, 227; 198 for 216, 233.
4. Jalen Green, EDGE, James Madison (216) I'll take a flyer on the Sun Belt defensive POY at this point
5. Jaylen Ford, LB, Texas (217)
6. Trey Taylor, S, Air Force (221)
7. Jordan Whittington, WR, Texas (227)
8. Dylan McMahon, C, NC State (233)
9. Trevin Wallace, LB, Kentucky (241)

Okay, who are you and what have you done with the real Hal? Shocked

But then again, only the real Hal could be lucky enough for Wallace to fall all the way to 214, hmmm scratch Razz

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:07 am

My thoughts exactly, DF316. Wallace usually does not last that long.

Great draft, Hal.

I still think the Phins should try to acquire at least ONE INTERIOR OLINEMAN in the draft that could start or at the very least serve as the backup.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:11 am

finfanatic wrote:
I still think the Phins should try to acquire at least ONE INTERIOR OLINEMAN in the draft that could start or at the very least serve as the backup.

I was expecting them to sign an OG in free agency, but nothing yet. Still plenty of time, but as of today it does seem like OL in the first round is gaining steam. We'll see...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:17 am

Rolling the draft dice.... Come on.... Fautanu!!!

Then again... I am starting to think going WR at #21 might be the thing to do.

Or hopefully one of the second tier QBs has somebody wanting to trade up and the Phins can trade down, land a few more picks, and still get the Olineman or WR Or DT Or EDGE they want.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:20 am

I am going to issue a mock draft challenge sometime next week, but it won't be what you're expecting and I'll leave it at that Twisted Evil

And yes, I will also be doing it myself.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:24 am

finfanatic wrote:Rolling the draft dice.... Come on.... Fautanu!!!

Then again... I am starting to think going WR at #21 might be the thing to do.

Or hopefully one of the second tier QBs has somebody wanting to trade up and the Phins can trade down, land a few more picks, and still get the Olineman or WR Or DT Or EDGE they want.

Yep, I have come around on drafting Fautanu...he is definitely high on my list now. OG this season, and than LT next season when Armstead inevitably retires.

A WR in the first still really intrigues me. I kinda like the idea of Adonai Mitchell in this offense...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:27 pm

Any one of those big WRs who can run like a scalded dawg would be good.

I ma looking at Thomas or Coleman myself, but...

Fautanu might just be enough by himself to shore up one side of Brewer! Shocked Laughing
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:42 am

I kept trading back to get more picks. Dont know how reasonable it is but I was able to acquire an additional 1st in 2025 from Tennessee so I think that in itself was worth it and I got Leggette.

Xavier Legette
WR South Carolina

Kris Jenkins
DT Michigan

Jeremiah Trotter Jr.
LB Clemson

Dominick Puni
OG Kansas

Blake Fisher
OT Notre Dame

Tanor Bortolini
OC Wisconsin

Layden Robinson
OG Texas A&M

Zion Tupuola-Fetui
EDGE Washington

Justin Eboigbe
DT Alabama

Darius Muasau
LB UCLA

2025 TEN 1st
2025 TB 3rd
Umix10
Umix10

JMP, DolFan 316, HalCHorn and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:04 am

You guys keep killing it! Umix, this might be my favorite mock so far! cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:13 am

Umix... I think you just gave Chris Grier an aneurysm!!

FOUR Olinemen in a row!!!

You rapscallion you!!

Puni is a versatile Olineman it seems.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:22 pm

WHOOOO!!! UMIX ACTUALLY PARTICIPATING IN STUFF!!! I LOVE IT!!! cheers cheers cheers

The way I see it, they aren't drafting any LBs now and sadly it looks like they'll be blowing #21 on a WR in an ultra-deep class and may even ignore O-line altogether. Getting an edge rusher would seem to be a must, because Shaq Barrett just by himself isn't going to cut it.

My Mock Draft Challenge will be coming up either tomorrow or Wednesday and trust me, it's a doozy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:48 pm

I have been going through the mock draft simulators to see if I can spot any glaring ranking discrepancies, and there are a few LB Trevin Wallace and DT Jordan Jefferson are two...wide disparities in their rankings it seems.

But in this exercise I was trying to do what I thought GRIER would do, rather thna what I thought best, but dagnabit if in both scenarios where I was all set to draft CB if I was not presented with some NO BRAINERS that I am hopeful, even Grier ain't stupid enough to ignore.

First... the #9 ranked player in the draft fell to #21. Not gonna happen in real life, but... Even Grier wouldn't pass him up would he?

Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine - Page 2 Screen35

Yes, Dallas Turner fell to the Phins!
And then, Fiske was still there at #55!
Grier grabbed a CB at #158, but Smith was the highest rated player on the board, so...
Laumea is versatile Olineman who can play all over.
OT Garret Greenfield was gone, so Grier goes for a RB who reminds of Pacheco.
And then Little Gronk TE Reiman.

So I said, well, how likely is it that Turner falls again... So here is the next mock draft, and dang if Seattle just didn't want JPJ far more than did Grier (who doesn't want him at all IMHO)!!!

Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine - Page 2 Screen36

Yep, Seattle ponied up the #30 ( they traded down and then back up I guess) and their 1st next year to trade up to #21. From there, I traded down again and got more picks this year and a 2nd and 3rd next year as well!

I don't know if this is what Grier would do or not, but I liked it.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:52 pm

I'd take Turner and Fiske and call it a day! That's a win!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:05 am

My mock draft challenge will be next week due to real life stuff. But it's coming.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:10 pm

For what it's worth:

Neal Driscoll
@NealDriscoll

Two prospects Miami has spent the most time with this offseason?

Edge Laiatu Latu (UCLA) and TE Ja’Tavian Sanders (Texas)

7:58 AM · Mar 21, 2024

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:13 am

First Pro Football Network attempt in a while.  And...no trades.  This is why:

Jared Verse
EDGE Florida State

Byron Murphy II
DT Texas

Javon Foster
OT Missouri

Hunter Nourzad
OC Penn State

Christian Jones
OT Texas

Dominique Hampton
S Washington

No way it plays out like this, but if it only could....

Last edited by HalCHorn on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:45 am

Murphy at #158!!

I have seen some mocks where he goes around 10 or 11!!!

I am thinking Grier is loading up for Laiatu Latu at #21.

He is a very talented edge with an assortment of moves, plus, you have the added bonus of a neck injury that required a fusion surgery!!! Grier loves him some injury history for a potential player!!

Rolling Eyes
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:41 am

finfanatic wrote:Murphy at #158!!

He is a very talented edge with an assortment of moves, plus, you have the added bonus of a neck injury that required a fusion surgery!!!  Grier loves him some injury history for a potential player!!

Rolling Eyes

No, I got him at 55, which is still ridiculous.  158 was Foster. I just edited since I can see why it looks that way, lazy cut and paste on my part.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:46 am

finfanatic wrote:Murphy at #158!!

He is a very talented edge with an assortment of moves, plus, you have the added bonus of a neck injury that required a fusion surgery!!!  Grier loves him some injury history for a potential player!!

Rolling Eyes

It's Murphy at 55, which would still be a steal. I think Latu is very much in play at 21 - you won't find too many pass rushers in this draft with 23.5 sacks over the last two seasons. As long as his neck checks out, he could end up being the best pass rusher in this class.

That's a killer draft, Hal - Verse, Murphy, Foster and Jones - OH YEAH!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:41 am

Today, I'm leaning toward Latu at 21 and best available OL at 55. But I'm still hoping for a trade down.

I've been watching some Latu highlights and this guy is an absolute beast. At this point I doubt he even makes it to 21, but if he does he'd be really difficult to pass up. I'd also love WR Brian Thomas at 21, if he somehow makes it that far.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:18 pm

Egad!!  Talk about a dilemma!  

I decided to ask other posters: What would you do if presented with this situation??  At pick #21, I see these players still available...

Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine - Page 2 Screen37

There are two trade down opportunities, one is not worth it. Green and Tampa Bay are offering the #25 and the #26 plus a lower rounder and a some picks next year, and I am very tempted, but let us say, you have to pick one of the players indicated.

Rome Odunze - If he lasts until #21 several GMs need to be fired immediately IMHO! He would be the #1 WR in Miami by next season IMO. Or at least #1B to Hill's #1A. Plus, he sets up the transition to life after Ty Hill for the Phins very nicely. Personally, I could not pass on Odunze, but how about Grier??

Dallas Turner - He's is VERY GOOD. Not Will Anderson good, but at #21 his value is far superior to the #21 pick, and would make the Phins D pass rushing rotation fairly scary IMO.

Latu - He is a pass rush technician. His health concerns are causing him to drop it seems but I still am not expecting him to be there at #21. Again, see the comment above about the Phins Pass Rush rotations being scary-good!

Fautanu - This SHOULD be the pick IMO. If you think the Oline's inability to play versus big bullying Defenses is the Phins Achilles Heel, then fixing the Oline should be the primary concern of all involved. Fautanu could play OG and backup at either OT spot. Put him beside Brewer and the Phins are no longer weak up the middle IMO. In fact, they might even be considered STRONG up the middle!!

I would have to look on this particular situation as a gift though. How often are the Phins going to be able to get the best or second best WR in the draft picking down in the twenties?? Not very often. And with Ty Hill making comments about retiring after 2025, I would have to pick Odunze even though missing out on Fautanu is going to be the mother of all regrets!!

This is why Grier gets the big bucks. To make decisions like these. Let's hope he doesn't blow it!!! Laughing

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:46 pm

finfanatic wrote:.....Then again... I am starting to think going WR at #21 might be the thing to do.......

They have another WR they need to pay next year in Waddle and a decision about Hill has to be made. Philips and Holland are aslo due for extensions as well. I think Worthy or Legette if he lasts til the 2nd. But I think we draft a WR with one of the two picks of the first or 2nd.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:51 pm

finfanatic wrote:Egad!!  Talk about a dilemma!  

I decided to ask other posters: What would you do if presented with this situation??  At pick #21, I see these players still available...

Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine - Page 2 Screen37

There are two trade down opportunities, one is not worth it. Green and Tampa Bay are offering the #25 and the #26 plus a lower rounder and a some picks next year, and I am very tempted, but let us say, you have to pick one of the players indicated.

Rome Odunze - If he lasts until #21 several GMs need to be fired immediately IMHO! He would be the #1 WR in Miami by next season IMO. Or at least #1B to Hill's #1A. Plus, he sets up the transition to life after Ty Hill for the Phins very nicely. Personally, I could not pass on Odunze, but how about Grier??

Dallas Turner - He's is VERY GOOD. Not Will Anderson good, but at #21 his value is far superior to the #21 pick, and would make the Phins D pass rushing rotation fairly scary IMO.

Latu - He is a pass rush technician. His health concerns are causing him to drop it seems but I still am not expecting him to be there at #21. Again, see the comment above about the Phins Pass Rush rotations being scary-good!

Fautanu - This SHOULD be the pick IMO. If you think the Oline's inability to play versus big bullying Defenses is the Phins Achilles Heel, then fixing the Oline should be the primary concern of all involved. Fautanu could play OG and backup at either OT spot. Put him beside Brewer and the Phins are no longer weak up the middle IMO. In fact, they might even be considered STRONG up the middle!!

I would have to look on this particular situation as a gift though. How often are the Phins going to be able to get the best or second best WR in the draft picking down in the twenties?? Not very often. And with Ty Hill making comments about retiring after 2025, I would have to pick Odunze even though missing out on Fautanu is going to be the mother of all regrets!!

This is why Grier gets the big bucks. To make decisions like these. Let's hope he doesn't blow it!!!    Laughing

Cool scenario! If those 6 players were all there, a trade down seems like a no brainer.

BUT

There is absolutely no way I'd pass up Rome Odunze.

So yeah, Rome all day! cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next