The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine

+4
JMP
finfanatic
DolFan 316
HalCHorn
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine - Page 3 Empty Re: Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine

Post by JMP Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:55 pm

Umix10 wrote:
finfanatic wrote:.....Then again... I am starting to think going WR at #21 might be the thing to do.......

They have another WR they need to pay next year in Waddle and a decision about Hill has to be made.  Philips and Holland are aslo due for extensions as well.  I think Worthy or Legette if he lasts til the 2nd.  But I  think we draft a WR with one of the two picks of the first or 2nd.

I think Hill is a Dolphin in 2024 and 2025. After that, he probably gets cut if he doesn't retire.

Waddle is the question mark. I'd keep him in 2025 on the 5th year option, but I am definitely leaning toward not extending him beyond that when I see the money that free agent WRs are getting.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine - Page 3 Empty Re: Ok, time for a PFF mock pre combine

Post by white1 Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:20 pm

My take it that Waddle is the next Hill, in that he will be our #1 receiver and Tua favorite target.

Not sure we can run McDaniel offense without that kind of player. I'd make it a priority to keep him.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:13 pm

And the correct answer for Grier in the above scenario is...Kool-Aid McKinstry. Afterwards, DolFans all over the internet yammer on about how "we needed a CB" even after saying the exact same thing about Cam Smith last year and pretend the interior O-line is just fine Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:15 am

white1 wrote:My take it that Waddle is the next Hill, in that he will be our #1 receiver and Tua favorite target.  

Not sure we can run McDaniel offense without that kind of player.  I'd make it a priority to keep him.

Maybe - I'm just not sure Waddle is, or should be, a $25 million per year player.

The draft is loaded with receivers year after year, and as much as I like Waddle I think he is very replaceable. Still plenty of time, though - so no need to worry about him just yet.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:40 am

DolFan 316 wrote:And the correct answer for Grier in the above scenario is...Kool-Aid McKinstry. Afterwards, DolFans all over the internet yammer on about how "we needed a CB" even after saying the exact same thing about Cam Smith last year and pretend the interior O-line is just fine  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

I don't see the Phins drafting a CB in round 1 or 2 at all, but if they did, Kool-Aid is a helluva player and would be a great selection. It wold have to be a trade down to take him, though - I don't envision him being BPA at 21.

If the Dolphins had those 6 players to choose from, Kool-Aid would be #6 on that list for sure....no chance they'd take him over Rome, Turner, Fautanu, Latu or Newton.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:21 pm

JMP wrote:The draft is loaded with receivers year after year, and as much as I like Waddle I think he is very replaceable.

Oh for sure. Why, this draft is so deep there's no need to waste the first pick on a WR. Just last year that Puka Nacua guy wasn't selected until the 5th round!

JMP wrote:If the Dolphins had those 6 players to choose from, Kool-Aid would be #6 on that list for sure....no chance they'd take him over Rome, Turner, Fautanu, Latu or Newton.

No chance any of US would take him. Grier, on the other hand... pale

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:58 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
No chance any of US would take him. Grier, on the other hand... pale

Nah, no chance Grier would take Kool-Aid over any of those guys. My guess is McD would be pounding the table for Rome or one of the pass rushers in that scenario. Now, if Kool-Aid was somehow available at 55 I think he'd be very much in play.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:34 pm

Two weeks to go, time to do it again, at PFF.

At 21, Newton and DeJean are the top two by a wide margin, 8 and 9 on their board. Murphy, Latu both gone, Wiggins is the third best player on their board at 20. I have 6 teams interested in trading. MIN at 23 is the lowest drop. I took 108, 129 and 230 to drop down two spots after trying to get more.

MIN takes DeJean, Guyton is taken 22. I would have taken Newton, but I get 29 and 61 out of DET to move down from 23. McKinstry is BPA so I moved down to 32 with KC, taking 32, 95 and 131 in exchange for 29 and 198.

I took 34 and 68 from NE for 32 and 108. Then moved down two more spots, getting 36 and 78 from WAS for 34 and 131. So I haven't made a pick yet, but I now have 6 of the first 95 and 11 total.

36. Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota
It's a need, he's BPA.

55. Chris Braswell, EDGE, Alabama
I have misgivings about this one, but no interest in trades to be found and he's BPA by a wide margin.

61. Ruke Orhorhoro, DT, Clemson

68. Marshawn Kneeland, EDGE, Western Michigan

Ok, now I feel a little better about the 54th pick, I have some margin for error there.

78. Javon Baker, WR, UCF

Sweat is there, but I just can't.

95. Sedrick Van Pran, C, Georgia

129. Cade Stover, TE, Ohio State

158. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa

184. Jalen Sundell, OT, North Dakota State

230. Isaiah Davis, RB, South Dakota State

241. Donovan Jennings, OT, USF

HalCHorn

JMP, DolFan 316 and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:54 am

Nice work, Hal! I am very high on Nubin and Orhorhoro.

JMP
Admin

finfanatic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:53 am

ESPN has a Draft Simulator and I did it once. No Research or Trades and this is my Picks.

1st  Legette Wr South Carolina
2nd Braswell Edge Alabama
5th  Devonshire Cb Pitt
6th  Bortolini  C  Wisconsin
6th  Cole   De  Texas  Tech

Last edited by finskev on Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

finskev

JMP, DolFan 316 and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:15 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Two weeks to go, time to do it again, at PFF.

At 21, Newton and DeJean are the top two by a wide margin, 8 and 9 on their board.  Murphy, Latu both gone, Wiggins is the third best player on their board at 20.  I have 6 teams interested in trading.  MIN at 23 is the lowest drop.  I took 108, 129 and 230 to drop down two spots after trying to get more.

MIN takes DeJean, Guyton is taken 22.  I would have taken Newton, but I get 29 and 61 out of DET to move down from 23.  McKinstry is BPA so I moved down to 32 with KC, taking 32, 95 and 131 in exchange for 29 and 198.

I took 34 and 68 from NE for 32 and 108.  Then moved down two more spots, getting 36 and 78 from WAS for 34 and 131.  So I haven't made a pick yet, but I now have 6 of the first 95 and 11 total.

36. Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota
It's a need, he's BPA.

55.  Chris Braswell, EDGE, Alabama
I have misgivings about this one, but no interest in trades to be found and he's BPA by a wide margin.

61. Ruke Orhorhoro, DT, Clemson

68. Marshawn Kneeland, EDGE, Western Michigan

Ok, now I feel a little better about the 54th pick, I have some margin for error there.

78. Javon Baker, WR, UCF

Sweat is there, but I just can't.  

95. Sedrick Van Pran, C, Georgia

129. Cade Stover, TE, Ohio State

158. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa

184. Jalen Sundell, OT, North Dakota State

230. Isaiah Davis, RB, South Dakota State

WOOHOO!!! THE TRADE DOWN TYCOON DOES IT DELIGHTFULLY YET AGAIN!!! cheers cheers cheers

I won't even point out how Hal trading down to 36 and making Nubin his first pick just like I did assures me I might know what I'm doing after all Very Happy Wink

DolFan 316

JMP and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:17 pm

finskev wrote:ESPN has a Draft Simulator and I did it once. No Research or Trades and this is my Picks.

1st  Legette Wr South Carolina
2nd Braswell Edge Alabama
5th  Devonshire Cb Pitt
6th  Bortolini  C  Wisconsin
7th  Cole   De  Texas  Tech

Do it again, that was interesting Smile cheers I especially like the Bortolini pick.

DolFan 316

JMP and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:09 pm

Did it again ESPN Draft Simuilator

1st Latu OLB UCLA
2nd Suamataia OT BYU
5th Devonshire C PITT
6th Cohen C/G MIAMI
6th Simpson S AUBURN

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:13 pm

finskev wrote:Did it again ESPN Draft Simuilator

1st  Latu OLB UCLA
2nd Suamataia OT BYU
5th Devonshire C PITT
6th Cohen C/G MIAMI
6th Simpson S AUBURN

Do you really like Devonshire for some reason or is it random chance you took him at the same spot twice in a row? scratch

At any rate you've inspired me to do some research on him.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:09 pm

He was Ranked 37 Spots Higher than other Prospects at 79, Make for a Value Pick according to ESPN. Devonshire is a CB not C.

finskev

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:06 pm

FINAL MOCK

First, no trades allowed:
21 - Graham Barton, OG/OT, Duke
55 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
158 - Malik Mustapha, S, Wake Forest
184 - Grayson Murphy, EDGE, UCLA
198 - Gabe Hall, DT, Baylor
241 - Donovan Jennings, OT, USF

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:07 am

Now, allowing trades, and with an eye towards trades that I think Grier would be willing to make.

21. Byron Murphy, DT, Texas

I just feel like if he's there, and Verse, Fautanu and Latham are not, that he will be picked. In my first scenario he was not, but here that's the decision I was presented with--him, Mims or Newton. There's needs I'd rather fill here, but I'm not opposed to a guy who clearly outplayed Sweat, has been compared to Ed Oliver, and would be a disrupter immediately.

55. Traded down with KC, to get 64, 95, 131 and 221 in exchange for 55 and 158.

64. Christian Haynes, OG, UConn

put him in ink as a long term, immediate starter at RG.

95. Dadrion Taylor-Demerson, S, Texas Tech

not sure if he starts immediately, but I wouldn't rule it out; would compete in this system quickly.

131 to LAC for 140 and a 6th next year.

140. Luke McCaffery, WR, Rice

There has to be at least one WR taken this year. Has to be. He's not one of the more dynamic ones, but he's a good fit with what we have and is still improving.

184. Myles Cole, EDGE, Texas Tech

would like to do this position earlier, obviously, but Cole is a very good value here.

198 to DET for 201, 249

201. Michael Barrett, LB, Michigan

The National Championship draftee string lasts another year, I guess.

221. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa

Don't think he lasts anywhere near this long, but if he does, no brainer.

somehow I keep ending up with him late.

249. Lideatrick Griffin, WR/KR, Mississippi State

wrapping up with KR/PR competition for Barrios.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:33 am

You said the last mock would be the final one Razz You're like me, you just can't help expressing yourself Laughing

IRL I wouldn't be upset with this draft after the first pick. I just keep feeling very strongly that one, edge and interior O-line are far bigger needs and two, all those DTs wouldn't have been signed if Grier was just going to take one anyway at 21. But that might be just me. Also, I've never heard of this Taylor-Demerson guy or even recall ever seeing him before in any of my now dozens of mocks. scratch But at least one safety is badly needed for sure.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:08 am

Love it, Hal! cheers

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 am

DolFan 316 wrote:You said the last mock would be the final one Razz You're like me, you just can't help expressing yourself Laughing

IRL I wouldn't be upset with this draft after the first pick. I just keep feeling very strongly that one, edge and interior O-line are far bigger needs and two, all those DTs wouldn't have been signed if Grier was just going to take one anyway at 21. But that might be just me. Also, I've never heard of this Taylor-Demerson guy or even recall ever seeing him before in any of my now dozens of mocks. scratch But at least one safety is badly needed for sure.

You just gotta let me wheel and deal one last time, you just gotta! Smile

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3