The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft day 3 targets

5 posters

Go down

Draft day 3 targets Empty Draft day 3 targets

Post by JMP Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:45 am

There are a shit-ton of really good RBs on the board, and some of them will be available to the Phins in the dregs of the draft. So I'm thinking RB will be one of the picks.

Also thinking a safety and an interior OL that can play center.

And if WR Brendan Rice somehow makes it to us, I'm all in. I loved how he worked to improve throughout the week during the Senior Bowl, and he's a big, tough receiver with excellent hands. His ypc average is insane. He'd be a really interesting piece for McD to move around.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Draft day 3 targets Empty Re: Draft day 3 targets

Post by HalCHorn Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 am

Beaux Limmer wouldn't surprise me, with extensive experience at both G and C in the SEC.

Malik Washington and Javon Baker are my favorite WR's left after Franklin. I wouldn't complain if we get Rice either.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 am

Ok, so mocking Day 3 at PFF:

I got 101 and a 5th next year from CAR for our 2025 3rd. So moved down two rounds next year to get the first pick, and an extra pick, today:

101. WR Troy Franklin, Oregon

Then got 161 and 222 from WAS for 158.

161. Cedric Gray, LB, North Carolina

184. Javon Foster, T, Missouri

206 and 243 to CLE for 198

206. Rasheen Ali, HB, Marshall

241 and 243 to LAV for 222.

221. Jalen Green, EDGE, James Madison
222. Kristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:23 pm

Fins Trade 2025 3rd rd pick to Eagles for 4th rd pick this year and take RB Jaylin Wright 5' 11" 210 lbs Tennessee, Breakaway Speed and 2nd fastest RB at Combine. 71 Grade #5 ranked RB & 97 Overall.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:50 pm

finskev wrote:Fins Trade 2025 3rd rd pick to Eagles for 4th rd pick this year and take RB Jaylin Wright 5' 11" 210 lbs Tennessee, Breakaway Speed and 2nd fastest RB at Combine. 71 Grade #5 ranked RB & 97 Overall.

I love this pick! Elite speed and explosiveness, and an above average pass protector. He wasn't used much as a receiver but looks to have good hands. This is our eventual replacement for Mostert. Another home run hitter for the offense, and he can also help with short yardage.

JMP
Admin

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm

Theme of the Dolphins 2024 draft: add players with elite athleticism and traits, and trust your coaching staff to develop them. I'm a big fan of that philosophy.

JMP
Admin

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 pm

Over 700,000 people attended the draft in-person this year!!

JMP
Admin

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 61finfan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 pm

We traded up for a running back? WTF?

61finfan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:08 pm

61finfan wrote:We traded up for a running back? WTF?

It's even worse than that. MUCH worse. Let's count the ways, shall we?

First of all, Grier refuses to trade the first two days. Then, he decides that NOW it's vitally important to trade a future third...and he does for a RB when Jaden Hicks was RIGHT FUCKING THERE and hey look, they have TWO safeties on the roster!!! (Whispers.) TWO...

But that's not even the worst part, no. The worst part is that Grier literally ADMITTED he COULD'VE traded down yesterday, he had multiple offers, but turned them all down because gee golly gosh, he just HAD to have Patrick Paul. I kid you not, this is a thing Grier actually did. Skip to 8:05 for the start of the rant. And this guy NEVER gets pissed.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 pm

Did everyone forget what happened to the offense when AChane was out last year? That's why we drafted Wright. Plus, Mostert could be playing his last season. The pick makes a ton of sense both in terms of fit and need.

And drafting Paul saves us from having to worry about scrambling to find a LT next season.

The Phins just drafted edge Mohamed Kamara. Excellent value...I figured he'd go in the 3rd. Great pass rusher who plays like his hair is on fire...all go, no slow. Fantastic pick at this point in the draft.

JMP
Admin

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 pm

Trading back is cool and all, but if the player you want is available, and the value of the trade isn't to your liking, then you stay and make the pick. No reason to trade just for the sake of trading.

JMP
Admin

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:34 pm

JMP wrote:Did everyone forget what happened to the offense when AChane was out last year?  That's why we drafted Wright.  Plus, Mostert could be playing his last season.  The pick makes a ton of sense both in terms of fit and need.

And drafting Paul saves us from having to worry about scrambling to find a LT next season.

The Phins just drafted edge Mohamed Kamara.  Excellent value...I figured he'd go in the 3rd.  Great pass rusher who plays like his hair is on fire...all go, no slow.  Fantastic pick at this point in the draft.

So he couldn't trade back and still get Paul (he definitely would've still been there) AND Beebe/Haynes? And who trades future picks for a RB these days, let alone on day 3??? I could've sworn you said you weren't okay with any trading of future picks or trading up in general but now you are??? scratch And did they really need another RB MORE han a #3 WR???

No, this is yet another Dolphins draft dud. And it's just gotten progressively worse. Kamara's a shrimp who's barely 6 feet, and I'm supposed to believe he's the next Elvis Dumervil? Puh-lease Rolling Eyes And then, Hunter Nourzad goes with the next pick to the Chiefs!!! You think they might know what they're doing what with all the recent titles? What happens now WHEN (not if) Brewer's hurt? Can't slide Eich back in there if he's a starting guard because none were drafted!!!

Never again. I wll never be fooled into thinking Grier's learned anything from past mistakes again. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 pm

I said weeks ago that the Dolphins would likely move up by using a 3rd next year - since we will have three 3rd rounders next season. I will never complain about trading up for a playmaker, especially in this offense. But you're right, I did not want to trade up in the 1st - and we didn't. I have been saying for months that I wanted to get a pick or picks in rounds 3 or 4 - and that's exactly what Grier did by getting a 4th and then taking one of the most explosive offensive players in the entire draft.

As for Paul, I can't imagine why anyone would complain about drafting the future LT. Have you forgotten that Armstead misses games and is going to retire after the season?

Sounds like you're just upset that the Dolphins have a different plan of attack then you do.

JMP
Admin

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 pm

The Highest Graded Player left has a 76 Grade and is Jerry Rice's kid from USC, 6'3 210 LBS, Kinda surprised he is still out there.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 pm

Wow, we just drafted WR Malik Washington...another guy I thought would go in the 3rd. One of the top slot receivers in the draft, and he's a YAC master. Very strong - broke 35 tackles this season, most in all of college football. Another excellent value. Great pick and easy to see how he fits in. McD clearly looking to improve 3rd down production with Jonnu Smith, Jaylen Wright and now Malik Washington.

JMP
Admin

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 pm

110 Receptions last year most in College Football, Get's to Top end quickly and he fit right in also being that he's 5' 9". Smile

Last edited by finskev on Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:03 pm

Took Safety Patrick McMorris from CAL, Know Nothing about Him except his grade is a 35.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:08 pm

McMorris is my first real WTF today. Boyd would have been my choice

HalCHorn

JMP and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:09 pm

That said, I loved Washington where we got him. Kamara was good value although the lack of a IOL to date is a big concern IMO

HalCHorn

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:28 pm

Crazy day. Islanders are facing elimination and heading to double OT, and I'm trying to keep an eye on the draft! LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 pm

Yeah, McMorris is the WTF pick for sure. Great size, but sounds like he's a poor tackler.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:36 pm

HalCHorn wrote:the lack of a IOL to date is a big concern IMO

This late in the draft, it was unlikely that we'd find a starting guard and we're already deep with backups. They might have a veteran lined up if they are looking for a starting G.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down