The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins hoping Burgess, Scott could be next in line of undrafted gems

3 posters

Go down

Dolphins hoping Burgess, Scott could be next in line of undrafted gems Empty Dolphins hoping Burgess, Scott could be next in line of undrafted gems

Post by rightchea Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Barry Jackson wrote:During a decade of mediocrity, one positive constant has been the Dolphins’ ability to find undrafted rookie contributors: Davone Bess, Dan Carpenter, Damien Williams, Zach Vigil and Neville Hewitt, among others.

But with training camp two weeks away, each of the Dolphins’ 12 undrafted rookies faces uphill climbs to make the 53-man roster, though several figure to end up on the 10-man practice squad.

Iowa kicker Marshall Koehn, expected to challenge incumbent Andrew Franks, enters camp as a clear underdog; Franks was more consistent in the offseason program.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article89619482.html

I am rooting for Scott to become the next big WR from the "U".

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Dolphins hoping Burgess, Scott could be next in line of undrafted gems Empty Re: Dolphins hoping Burgess, Scott could be next in line of undrafted gems

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:24 pm

Calling Williams, Vigil and Hewitt "gems" is a stretch that would make Mr. Fantastic jealous.

And almost no kicker is actually drafted these days, so Carpenter shouldn't even count.

I suppose I could call Bess a gem, even though he sure did flame (and flake) out quickly after a few years.

But it's not as if the Fins have a history of producing real undrafted gems like Edelman and Thomas Rawls. Now those guys are gems.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Dolphins hoping Burgess, Scott could be next in line of undrafted gems Empty Re: Dolphins hoping Burgess, Scott could be next in line of undrafted gems

Post by JMP Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:26 pm

Scott will be lucky to make the practice squad. I love the kid, but there's really no place for him on this roster right now.

My guess is Blount (LB) and DiSalvo (long snapper) have the best shot to make the team.

What I've seen from Blount in highlights is very impressive, and he should be a strong special team player. He looks to me like a guy that can play in this league.

Denney is an excellent STs player in general in addition to being a great snapper, so it's hard for me to imagine DiSalvo beating him in a fair competition. But given Denney's salary, I'm thinking the Phins would love to save $$ if DiSalvo shows anything.

Always fun to watch these young guys in preseason, but most of them amount to nothing.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down