The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins' Adam Gase to team: Perform or get benched

+4
Degarmo
Umix10
JMP
rightchea
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dolphins' Adam Gase to team: Perform or get benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Dolphins' Adam Gase to team: Perform or get benched

Post by Birdmond Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:44 am

Don't let anyone tell you in September the next QB class is weak. This time last year nobody knew who Carson Wentz even was.

That being said, I don't care how it happens, I want Rueben Foster ILB, Alabama on this team next year.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Dolphins' Adam Gase to team: Perform or get benched - Page 2 Empty Re: Dolphins' Adam Gase to team: Perform or get benched

Post by JMP Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:20 am

Degarmo wrote:As far as Tannehill, yeah, right now, I'd be looking to fill a shitton of other areas first.  He may not be "the guy" but he can be "the guy before the guy" as they get this team ready.  No one's going to be successful with this team, at least not championship successful.  We might have someone that can will us to 9 or 10 wins, but we're not getting by anyone in the playoffs, because a large number of players on this team are not good, and they will shrink against the better teams.  

I don't even put Tannehill into the equation anymore for team improvement because although many folks think we've gotten better, we've gotten far, far worse, particularly in the depth department.

If we win 8 games this year, I'd say both Gase and Tannehill will have outperformed themselves.

Still, at his current level, Tannehill outperforming himself only takes him from Steve Deberg to Vinny Testaverde.  I hope the kid figures it out, I really, really do, for all of our sakes, and this is his third offense in five years, but they were making that excuse for Jason Campbell too.

Again, it's not even about how good or bad Tannehill is - it's about improving the most important position on the team.  Draft a QB in the third round - maybe he tanks, maybe he becomes a solid backup, maybe you can trade him for a better pick in 2 years, maybe he's good enough to take Tannehill's huge salary off the books.  You don't know if you don't try.  And if you don't have a great QB, there's no reason to continually ignore the position.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:23 am

Again, it's not even about how good or bad Tannehill is - it's about improving the most important position on the team. Draft a QB in the third round - maybe he tanks, maybe he becomes a solid backup, maybe you can trade him for a better pick in 2 years, maybe he's good enough to take Tannehill's huge salary off the books. You don't know if you don't try. And if you don't have a great QB, there's no reason to continually ignore the position.

Totally agree with this approach.

In fact, was a problem for us while we had Marino. We never invested in anyone to back him up, and eventually it bit us. And still is a gap for us, ever since he retired.

There is just no reason to invest any further in Matt Moore. No upside, and we aren't contending for a championship so who cares if our backup is raw and green? The next QB we draft might turn out to be the next Garropolo!

We have to take the chance and invest a 2nd or 3rd, at least, even if Tannehill remains the starter near term.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:27 am

Birdmond wrote:Don't let anyone tell you in September the next QB class is weak.   This time last year nobody knew who Carson Wentz even was.  

That being said,  I don't care how it happens, I want Rueben Foster ILB, Alabama on this team next year.  

Great point about the QB class.  There's always a couple of guys that emerge.

And, Foster would be a great pick...he's exactly what this D needs.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Miami holes are easy to fill. to be honest Miami isn't missing as many key players that we think they are. RB, some players in the secondary, OG, and a QB would make Miami that much better.

The evaluation of college prospects seem to be a little better with Tunsil and Howard being on the field it just the fact that Tannebaum did a horrible job at keeping picks and using them properly. The real issue that I am seeing that we already seeing is the front office not getting the right people to make the right moves to make this team a superbowl caliber team

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2