The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former Phins OL coach Jim Turner on Ted Wells, Jon Martin and Richie Incognito

3 posters

Go down

Former Phins OL coach Jim Turner on Ted Wells, Jon Martin and Richie Incognito Empty Former Phins OL coach Jim Turner on Ted Wells, Jon Martin and Richie Incognito

Post by JMP Thu May 14, 2015 2:35 pm

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/05/14/former-dolphins-ol-coach-turner-ted-wells-is-not-a-good-human-being/

Some interesting stuff here from Jim Turner, the Dolphins OL coach who lost his job due to "Bullygate":

“Wells is not a good human being,” Turner said. “When I did not give him the story he wanted, he targeted me as a part of a problem in Miami. He’s not an independent investigator. He’s not looking at both sides of the situation.

“All of a sudden Wells is like this integrity enforcer. He’s the staple of integrity. He’s a lawyer. His profession is based on money and winning, it’s not about the truth. Just because he wrote it doesn’t make it fact.

Turner today again claimed that Martin and Incognito were best friends and Martin had mental health problems.

After Martin was told in the 2013 offseason that he’d be Miami’s starting left tackle, he disappeared for two days. Turner today went in to detail about what happened.

“I said ‘Jon, where were you?'” Turner recalled. “He said, “I was sitting in my apartment on the 16th story looking out the window.’ I said, ‘What do you mean you were looking at the window, are you saying what I think you’re saying?’ He said, ‘Yeah, I was thinking about jumping.”

According to Turner, Martin then admitted that he contemplated suicide three months earlier at his parents’ house in California.

“I said, ‘Does your dad have a gun, Jon,'” Turner recalled. “He said, ‘Yeah.’ I said, ‘Did you you have it in your hands?’ He said, ‘Yeah.’ I said, ‘Did you put it up to your head, Jon?’ He said ‘Yes.’ I told Wells all of this stuff.”

The Bullygate report said the Dolphins were aware Martin was depressed and he was sent to a psychiatrist recommended by the team. Martin later said he didn’t trust talking to someone affiliated with the team. The report never mentioned that he contemplated jumping out of a window or shooting himself.

“Richie Incognito was railroaded and I got railroaded along with him,” Turner said. “They were protecting Jon Martin. They had no problem dragging Richie Incognito through the mud.

“I know that Richie was under attack. It was totally unwarranted. He was totally under attack because of his prior history. It had nothing to do with the way he acted in Miami. He was a soldier in Miami with me. He was a great player, he was attentive. He was a good person inside that locker room.”

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Former Phins OL coach Jim Turner on Ted Wells, Jon Martin and Richie Incognito Empty Re: Former Phins OL coach Jim Turner on Ted Wells, Jon Martin and Richie Incognito

Post by rightchea Thu May 14, 2015 2:54 pm

So why was none of this on the report. IMo. I think that Wells is doing his job and he doesn't have to answer to anyone.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Former Phins OL coach Jim Turner on Ted Wells, Jon Martin and Richie Incognito Empty Re: Former Phins OL coach Jim Turner on Ted Wells, Jon Martin and Richie Incognito

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 14, 2015 2:59 pm

I do feel bad for Turner, but not because he got what he deserved in this case. He's not a victim, at least not in the way he wants people to think. There's got to be a reason nobody's offered him a job since, and it can't be because he's innocent.

Do I think Ted Wells is perfect? No. But anybody with common sense knows there was a culture of bullying going on in Miami, and the Pats were cheating. Wells is just the guy who identified the fires producing all the smoke.

Lots of people commit lots of misdeeds these days, either because they genuinely don't believe what they're doing is wrong or they don't think they'll get punished even if they're caught. When some of these people are punished, it's such a shock to them that they've got to rationalize it somehow, and that's when their behavior suddenly switches from abusing others for the sheer fun of it to telling anyone who will listen that they've been the poor victims all along. And the really sad part is, most people DO listen and believe them.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down