The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?

+8
rightchea
Degarmo
JEGnj
HalCHorn
Birdmond
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
white1
12 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?

Post by JMP Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:39 pm

HalCHorn wrote:One guy was at least healthy enough to play all season last year (albeit not that well, except when he played against the Dolphins and looked like John Elway), the other wasn't and hasn't been for a long time.

Fixed it for ya, Hal.   Wink

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?

Post by JMP Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:49 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Now is the time. The time to take a Dive For Darnold!!!

It makes perfect sense. The Pats are winning the division yet again anyway and this team was only going to take a step back even before players started dropping left and right in practice. We all knew this. maybe some of us didn't want to admit it, but we knew.

The one problem is that the Jets are clearly wanting to do the same thing, and I'm afraid their team is far more committed to it. I can see Gase being one of those stubborn bastards who goes into the finale with 2 wins and has the Fins go all out anyway.

Suck for Sam!!! I'm on board - hell yeah!!!

The problem is...the Jets just might go 0-16.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:53 pm

UPDATE FROM ARMANDO:
Armando wrote:
The Dolphins know that Tannehill hyperextended his left knee -- the same one that last December suffered a partially torn ACL That is the minimum of what the player is dealing with now.

A source close to Tannehill said there is the possibility of poster cruciate ligament damage.

If Tannehill has a PCL sprain it is possible he would not require surgery but would need time to rehabilitate and heal on his own and that could take anywhere from two to eight weeks, depending the serverity of the injury.

There is also the possibility of the worst case scenario that everyone within the Dolphins organization is hoping to avoid: That would be a torn ACL to the left knee. That injury would almost certainly be a season ending injury.

Even if Tannehill sustained a sprained ACL, sprains are partial tears. And so the location of the tear would determine if Tannehill could recover from that without surgery. Obviously, if Tannehill suffers an injury to the same portion of the ACL that he injured last year, that would likely lead to surgery.

And this: It is possible Thursday’s knee injury is unreleated to last year’s knee injury.

The Dolphins expect to have the results to Tannehill’s MRI sometime this afternoon.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article165200422.html#storylink=cpy

So basically, we still have to hold our breath and wait...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Josina Anderson wrote:

@JosinaAnderson

Source: Colin Kaepernick's name was raised w/i #Dolphins' front office as potential insurance at QB posn after Ryan Tannehill injured Thurs.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:28 pm

JMP wrote:Suck for Sam!!!  I'm on board - hell yeah!!!

The problem is...the Jets just might go 0-16.  

I like Suck For Sam a lot better than what I came up with Laughing

My mind's on other things right now, like taking my mom to physical therapy in about an hour. She had her own knee operation 5 weeks ago and I've been taking care of her. She's doing really well though, the progress she's made from the first week to now is exponential. The final hurdle will be driving on her own again.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:32 pm

[quote="JMP"]
Birdmond wrote:Anyway, the NFL is literred with criminals.  Kaep isn't a criminal, and if he can help the Phins win, I'm on board.

If he wasn't a pro athlete the government would damn sure consider him a criminal in training, which he may very well be.

But even if we take that out of the equation Kaepernick was 1-10 as a starter last season. One. And.Ten. And now I'm supposed to believe he's a savior? HA!!!

This season's done anyway. Bringing a known Castro fan to Miami would be the dumbest thing Ross has ever done, and that's saying something.

SIGN HIM RAVENS!!! SIGN HIM NOW!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:04 pm

I wasn't convinced we would win with a healthy Tanny but now he is an injury waiting to happen. Oh the pain. (Joe B and Even reference)
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:36 pm

I'd sign Kap and RG3 and have an open competition.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:40 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:
Birdmond wrote:Anyway, the NFL is literred with criminals.  Kaep isn't a criminal, and if he can help the Phins win, I'm on board.

If he wasn't a pro athlete the government would damn sure consider him a criminal in training, which he may very well be.

But even if we take that out of the equation Kaepernick was 1-10 as a starter last season. One. And.Ten. And now I'm supposed to believe he's a savior? HA!!!

This season's done anyway. Bringing a known Castro fan to Miami would be the dumbest thing Ross has ever done, and that's saying something.

SIGN HIM RAVENS!!! SIGN HIM NOW!!!

Kaep is not a savior by any means, but IMO he's absolutely a better option behind Moore than the other scrubs we have (Fales and Doughty) - and maybe (probably?) a better starter than Moore once he learns the offense.

And if Kaep is a "criminal in traning", then you better add all those other NFL players that sided with him to that list. Who were the Dolphins players again? Wasn't Reshad Jones one of 'em???

And more importantly - best of luck to your mom with her knee. My wife had a knee replacement about 10 years ago and the recovery definitely took some time!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:41 pm

JEGnj wrote:I wasn't convinced we would win with a healthy Tanny but now he is an injury waiting to happen.

Yep - I agree.

JEGnj wrote:Oh the pain. (Joe B and Even reference)

LOL Joe and Evan are great!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:19 pm

Great news!!

Omark Kelly wrote:Omar Kelly

@OmarKelly

League sources tell the Sun-Sentinel that Ryan Tannehill hyperextended his knee, but the MRI revealed no ligament damage for Miami's starter

BUT...I wonder why "league sources" have this info before Miami beat writers? Armando had all the info early, and now nothing? Seems odd...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Yeah I don't know. In any case, looks like we dodged a bullet for sure.

I also read we are not totally out of the woods yet. Something about end result of the hyperextension, can he still run/lift etc.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:37 pm

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:11 pm

And now this from rotoworld:

Rotoworld wrote:The Washington Post confirms there was no "significant damage" found in Ryan Tannehill's MRI, but reports there is still "further evaluation needed."
Per reporter Mark Maske, the "situation is still uncertain." The Miami Herald called Tannehill's MRI "inconclusive." Structural damage wasn't detected on first blush, but Tannehill has at least a hyperextension. It's possible something more nefarious is still discovered with further testing.

The MRI was inconclusive??? So, I guess we still don't know anything more than we did at the beginning.

I don't understand why Tannehill's knee is so difficult to diagnose. Last year it took weeks till we really knew anything, and now today we're sitting at "inconclusive". When I read about other players getting knee injuries, it seems like we know their status almost instantly. WTF???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:04 pm

JMP wrote:And now this from rotoworld:

Rotoworld wrote:The Washington Post confirms there was no "significant damage" found in Ryan Tannehill's MRI, but reports there is still "further evaluation needed."
Per reporter Mark Maske, the "situation is still uncertain." The Miami Herald called Tannehill's MRI "inconclusive." Structural damage wasn't detected on first blush, but Tannehill has at least a hyperextension. It's possible something more nefarious is still discovered with further testing.

The MRI was inconclusive???  So, I guess we still don't know anything more than we did at the beginning.

I don't understand why Tannehill's knee is so difficult to diagnose.  Last year it took weeks till we really knew anything, and now today we're sitting at "inconclusive".  When I read about other players getting knee injuries, it seems like we know their status almost instantly.  WTF???

It all depends on the people doing the diagnosing. We all know how incompetent this team's medical staff is and has been for years. Tannehill might as well have had a voodoo witch doctor heal his knee last year.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:24 pm

How would you guys feel about signing Cousins next year and trading Tanny boy?

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Get rid of all our QBs and go single wing.

Four horsemen. Run every play. Trade all the WRs and pick up linemen and give them TE assignments.

In other news:

Doctors state that Tannehill's knee could be fine, or it could be lost in the mythical world of Narnia. They really have no idea, and when pressed for a comment, Dr. Dippy McShitterson stated, "There's a 100 percent chance that my diagnosis will change before I finish speaking." For now, we'll all wait and see. Tannehill gets fitted for a prosthetic leg later today, but team officials are "hopetimistic" that he'll be able to play shuffleboard once again.

There, you have exactly the same amount of information as before I started my bullshit storm.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:30 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I think Kaepernick has the most talent out of the group but does a team want the distraction

from what it sounds like he not going to be doing all what he did last year but at the same time he still an activist

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:31 pm

Degarmo wrote:Get rid of all our QBs and go single wing.

Four horsemen. Run every play. Trade all the WRs and pick up linemen and give them TE assignments.

In other news:

Doctors state that Tannehill's knee could be fine, or it could be lost in the mythical world of Narnia. They really have no idea, and when pressed for a comment, Dr. Dippy McShitterson stated, "There's a 100 percent chance that my diagnosis will change before I finish speaking." For now, we'll all wait and see. Tannehill gets fitted for a prosthetic leg later today, but team officials are "hopetimistic" that he'll be able to play shuffleboard once again.

There, you have exactly the same amount of information as before I started my bullshit storm.

I feel that he should have did the surgery because stuff like that don't just heal on it own

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:22 pm

Birdmond wrote:How would  you guys feel about signing Cousins next year and trading Tanny boy?

NOW you're talking!!! cheers cheers cheers

Remember when everybody thought they were nuts for taking two QBs in the same draft? Laughing

Too bad Tanny is untradeable at this point Crying or Very sad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:24 pm

Degarmo wrote:Get rid of all our QBs and go single wing.

Four horsemen.  Run every play.  Trade all the WRs and pick up linemen and give them TE assignments.  

In other news:

Doctors state that Tannehill's knee could be fine, or it could be lost in the mythical world of Narnia.  They really have no idea, and when pressed for a comment, Dr. Dippy McShitterson stated, "There's a 100 percent chance that my diagnosis will change before I finish speaking."  For now, we'll all wait and see.  Tannehill gets fitted for a prosthetic leg later today, but team officials are "hopetimistic" that he'll be able to play shuffleboard once again.

This is what's been missing from my life. Seriously. cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:40 pm

Yeah, so now this:

Rotoworld wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Dolphins now "fear" Ryan Tannehill (knee) will require season-ending surgery, but have yet to make a final decision.
The Dolphins have gone from "not ruling out" surgery to "fearing" it in three hours. Tannehill didn't fully tear any ligaments on Thursday, but appears to have aggravated his partially torn ACL and MCL from last December. Rather than again opting for rest and rehab — which he could do for 6-8 weeks — it appears Tannehill will need to go under the knife. If that's the case, Matt Moore will step in as starter, though Jay Cutler could be an option. Free agent Colin Kaepernick could also be brought in as a backup. We should get final word on Tannehill's status Friday.

Just when you think the Dolphins' medical staff can't possibly get any worse. Seriously, what a bunch of clueless jackasses. How the fuck do you not know if Tannehill needs surgery by now??? Same thing as last season. Rolling Eyes I wish the Phins had Dr. Dippy McShitterson working for them...he'd be better trhan the buffoons we have now!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Birdmond wrote:How would  you guys feel about signing Cousins next year and trading Tanny boy?  

I'm all about upgrades. Sign me up.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:58 am

JMP wrote:Yeah, so now this:

Rotoworld wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Dolphins now "fear" Ryan Tannehill (knee) will require season-ending surgery, but have yet to make a final decision.
The Dolphins have gone from "not ruling out" surgery to "fearing" it in three hours. Tannehill didn't fully tear any ligaments on Thursday, but appears to have aggravated his partially torn ACL and MCL from last December. Rather than again opting for rest and rehab — which he could do for 6-8 weeks — it appears Tannehill will need to go under the knife. If that's the case, Matt Moore will step in as starter, though Jay Cutler could be an option. Free agent Colin Kaepernick could also be brought in as a backup. We should get final word on Tannehill's status Friday.

Just when you think the Dolphins' medical staff can't possibly get any worse.  Seriously, what a bunch of clueless jackasses.  How the fuck do you not know if Tannehill needs surgery by now???  Same thing as last season.  Rolling Eyes  I wish the Phins had Dr. Dippy McShitterson working for them...he'd be better trhan the buffoons we have now!

I had just found this put myself and was going to post it. The ONLY good thing that can POSSIBLY come of this is if Ross wakes up, sees what's really going on here, and replaces the medical staff wholesale. The complete and utter botching of an injury regarding the franchise QB may turn out to be just what this team needs.

Or maybe I'm just in 5th dimensional reality again. Who knows?

The ultimate irony of course is if Tannehill had just had the damn surgery when he should have instead of relying on some alleged wonder treatment that babies are aborted to make possible, all of this could've been avoided. I used to think he'd make a good doctor after football but now that's changed. He needs to just have the damn surgery ASAP. This isn't even about football anymore, it's about not walking with a limp the rest of his life. I've already moved on from him ever playing for this team again TBH.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:07 am

Signin another back up should be a priority. The QB could have 4 weeks to get into the playbook and grind it out.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next