The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?

+8
rightchea
Degarmo
JEGnj
HalCHorn
Birdmond
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
white1
12 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?

Post by rightchea Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:49 pm

supposedly Cutler hasn't been signed yet and he still thinking about staying retired

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?

Post by white1 Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Yeah nothing is done yet
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:08 pm

In fact, Darlington reports Cutker is leaning heavily towards retirement and TV. Stay buckled up boys this is gonna be a rough ride.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm

I read some stupid yahoo article saying Cutler signed. Fake News

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:52 pm

Happens to the best of us brother
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:56 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I read some stupid yahoo article saying Cutler signed. Fake News

I'll forgive you for getting my hopes up. This time...

But yeah, Yahoo's become a far left brainwashing tool. Everything they post is fake news at this point.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Sign Kapeernick and hope he embraces the role as a villain and does all his press conferences in full fatigues, a Castro-esque cap and signature cigar, saying, "Viva Fidel!" at the end of each one.

The season's probably toast, so why not have some fun?

We've been speculating . . . what if they sign Kaepernick and by some miracle he ends up great? Oh, I would love to see the pivoting going on then.

Now, if you're really serious about next year, Curtis Painter is available.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:48 pm

well Cutler was signed. 1 year 10 million dollars wasted on a glorified backup.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Okay, NOW it's official Very Happy

On a completely unrelated note, I'm really tired right now after spending all night chanting, praying and meditating for no real reason whatsoever Wink

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:16 pm

A 34-year old mediocre retired QB coming off an injury-shortened year = SAVIOR! geek

You all know by now that I despise Matt Moore. But...he'd be my QB going forward (assuming Kaep isn't an option - which appears to be the case for Miami) just because he has some level of chemistry with the offensive starters. But think about this: can you imagine what Gase must think of Moore??? He persuaded a retired garbage QB to play for him, rather than roll the dice with Moore. That speaks volumes.

I don't like Cutler, but I'm glad we finally have a head coach that recognizes that Matt Moore is nothing more than a clipboard holder that can take a few game snaps here and there, maybe start a game or two...but you don't want him as your every-game starter.

My prediction remains the same, even with Cutler: 6-8 wins.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:41 pm

I am just not feeling this.

I don't care about the money. All the money says is that yes, he is clearly the starter.

Did you guys know Cutler suffered a torn labrum in December of last year and needed surgery? He hasn't thrown a pass in 7 months. Only God knows if he's in shape, has he been working out at all since his release in March?

All this on top of the fact he wasn't very good to begin with.... man how can anyone feel confident this move will work out for us? Rumor has it Kaep will be in Baltimore by the end of the week. Ozzie/Harbaugh make the wise decision and we fuck it up. Again.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:03 pm

white1 wrote:I am just not feeling this.  

I don't care about the money.  All the money says is that yes, he is clearly the starter.

Did you guys know Cutler suffered a torn labrum in December of last year and needed surgery? He hasn't thrown a pass in 7 months.  Only God knows if he's in shape, has he been working out at all since his release in March?

All this on top of the fact he wasn't very good to begin with.... man how can anyone feel confident this move will work out for us? Rumor has it Kaep will be in Baltimore by the end of the week.  Ozzie/Harbaugh make the wise decision and we fuck it up.  Again.

The season is lost. If the season is lost then it might as well be lost with a QB who's not an America hating Castro supporter in Miami. Next year there will be a complete reboot at the position anyway.

Also if Kaepernick was white and even moderate, let alone conservative, absolutely nobody would be on a campaign to force teams to sign him. But because he's black and represents the political ideology society keeps trying to force down our throats despite the fact that very thing got Trump elected, then having been 1-10 as a starter last season is somehow perfectly fine and evidence he's secretly a great QB somehow even though Kaepernick's on a vegan diet and has the same "hasn't been working out this whole time" issues as Cutler.

Let's not spend all season whining like millennial SJWs about this, okay? We're better than that.

BTW the Ravens have gone 5-11 and 8-8 the past 2 seasons, and didn't have any answer when Flacco was hurt 2 years ago. If you look at their drafts lately it seems Ozzie's lost his fastball. Just sayin'. Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:16 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Cutler or Moore ends up having a great year statistically with all these weapons. Don't know if it will translate into wins, but Miami is loaded with skill position talent.

Stranger things have happened. Did anyone think Randall Cunningham would resurrect his career in Minnesota before the '98 season?

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:11 pm

BTW the only person who'd have been more unhappy than me if Kaepernick had been signed is Armando. He's downplaying it now, but remember last year when Kaepernick came out with all that pro-Castro nonsense? Let's just say Armando took it personally and leave it at that...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:16 pm

I'm good with it. I think Cutler is an upgrade over Tanny boy. BUT my prediction is Cutler gets hurt. I'll trust Gase on this one.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:17 pm

We'll see.

I'm not a fan of throwing the money away like that on a guy that's got a shoulder problem.

Then again, last time we did that, we won the division.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:37 pm

Yeah, Chad Pennington fell into our laps after the Jests landed Favre.

Who would have thought that would work out in our favor, however briefly?

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Degarmo wrote:We'll see.

I'm not a fan of throwing the money away like that on a guy that's got a shoulder problem.

Then again, last time we did that, we won the division.

HalCHorn wrote:Yeah, Chad Pennington fell into our laps after the Jests landed Favre.

Who would have thought that would work out in our favor, however briefly?

The Drew Brees fiasco should've taught us all that shoulder problems for a QB are nothing compared to leg problems.

If anything I now feel much better about the Cutler signing. QBs with shoulder problems seem to be the way to go for this team.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Matt Moore must be pissed as hell right about now. He finally gets a chance to start...and Gase goes out and gets a 34 year old retiree with a bad shoulder and a horrible resume to replace him. LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Is cutler now the starter, or is matt moore still the number 1 guy? Will there be a real competition? Will moore be the starter until the w/l record dictates a change? My toes do not tingle at either of these options. With Tanny, 10 wins was the top I could envision. With either moore or cutler, I see 8-8 being the record. Color me unimpressed.  BTW, that 10 win plateau w/ tanny, could just as easily be 6-8 wins. Either way, this season already looks like a
Tannehill leaves with knee injury - do you want Matt Moore or Kaepernick?  - Page 4 Train_10
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:41 pm

Cutler is being paid starter's money, so as soon as he's ready he will absolutely be the starter. Matt Moore will stay on the bench where he belongs.

But yeah, either way it is starting to look like a trainwreck. And I agree - 8-8 is the best we can hope for, at least IMO.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:46 pm

By the way, a lot of people are hanging their hat on the whole "Cutler had his best season in 2015 under Gase" story...but keep in mind that the Bears went 6-10 that season. I'd also argue that Cutler's best season was actually 2014...without Gase.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:54 pm

I know this makes me a bad person, but I can't help but think about the last time the Fins had a starting QB named Jay...

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:56 pm

scotgif wrote:Is cutler now the starter, or is matt moore still the number 1 guy? Will there be a real competition? Will moore be the starter until the w/l record dictates a change? My toes do not tingle at either of these options. With Tanny, 10 wins was the top I could envision. With either moore or cutler, I see 8-8 being the record. Color me unimpressed.  BTW, that 10 win plateau w/ tanny, could just as easily be 6-8 wins

Um, you do realize Tannehill never had more than 8 wins as a starter in any season of his now five year career, right?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:23 am

et's not spend all season whining like millennial SJWs about this, okay? We're better than that.

BTW the Ravens have gone 5-11 and 8-8 the past 2 seasons, and didn't have any answer when Flacco was hurt 2 years ago. If you look at their drafts lately it seems Ozzie's lost his fastball. Just sayin'. Cool

Oh I'm already over it, I've given my opinion. This is Gase's team, and he will be judged on the results. So it's more than fair he gets his choice at QB, and clearly this was it.

Good point on the Ravens. Their recent teams have not been good. Maybe Ozzie has lost something over the years...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next