The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 Season

+8
white1
finfanatic
Degarmo
HalCHorn
JMP
Umix10
DolFan 316
JEGnj
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2019 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 Season

Post by JMP Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:53 pm

Absolutely, Degarmo. I think "leaderless" is the key word - and not just in the QB room. This year's team seems to have solved that problem.

Gase was a fraudulent egomaniac lunatic - not a leader. Flores is a level-headed leader of men.

Tannehill was never a leader and the players never really liked him. Fitz is a leader and his teammates love him. From what I read/hear from Cardinal players, Rosen was a natural leader.

Who was the leader of our grossly overpaid defense the past few season? Trick question - there wasn't one. Christian Wilkins, though, is THE motherfucking MAN.

I think the concept of 'leadership' is extremely important in the NFL (and sports in general.) On paper, at least, we're making huge strides in that area.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:16 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:thank you white1.  i agree that in terms of potential, the Phins' current QB room allows a glimmer of hope that last year's crew did not.  but perhaps i must clarify my question.  as far as anticipated on-field QB performance, do you think Fitz/Rosen will perform better (use whatever justification you want - yard stats, wins, eye-test, field awareness, rating, TDs, comp %, etc,) than Tannehill did last year?

how about we play it by number first we'll start with Tannehill:
yards - 1979
comp %64.2
TD - 17
Int - 9

Fitz:
Yards - 2366
comp - 66.7
TD - 17
INT - 12

Rosen:
yards - 2278
comp- 55.2%
TD - 11
INT - 14

To be honest I really don't see the difference stats wise. From what I have seen from Rosen he does make some good plays but he also makes a lot of poor decision something that Tannehill has done a lot of in Miami. Here highlights from Cards vs Hawks game

Now when it comes to Fitz. This guy is a career backup who might win the starter position. I like Fitz and I think he has gotten better over the years especially his awareness on the field but is he better than Tannehill. Lets go back to when he was a Jet.

then lets watch when he was with the Buccs.

I know we have seen it before but lets look at Tannehill as well.
Couldn't find no really bad video of Tannehill (go figure).

So do I agree that this group is better than last year...Definitely but I can't totally say that they are better than Tannehill.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:44 pm

Well, we all knew it had to be changed up big time.

I think they admitted that the way they had been managing the Phins was like adding new seasonings on old poop, and let's hope the changes they have made work out, and the still to be made future changes work out too.

If they can SOLVE the QB Quandary, the Passing Impasse, the leadership plight, franchise free position at QB.... I have confidence everything else can be worked out.

I mean, it's not like if you have Dan Marino in his prime that you couldn't win....er....   Bad Example.

Razz
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:13 pm

LOL FF, but in all honesty, Marino is the perfect example of why you can't just have a few pieces and expect to be a champion. I still blame Stoyanovich for missing that field goal against San Diego. Christ, how many times did we have to have kickers screw us out of Super Bowl appearances against the Chargers? Okay, it's twice, but that Von Schamann game felt like an eternity. I'll never forget him straight choking two, TWO short field goals.

Laces out, you bastard.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:35 am

Degarmo wrote:LOL FF, but in all honesty, Marino is the perfect example of why you can't just have a few pieces and expect to be a champion.  I still blame Stoyanovich for missing that field goal against San Diego.  Christ, how many times did we have to have kickers screw us out of Super Bowl appearances against the Chargers?  Okay, it's twice, but that Von Schamann game felt like an eternity.  I'll never forget him straight choking two, TWO short field goals.

Laces out, you bastard.

Um, you do realize one of those kicks was blocked and the other was partially blocked, right? Also, Benirschke shanked a 27-yarder (a legit shank) on the Chargers' first OT possession.

If anything, in retrospect the real killer was the Andra Franklin fumble with the Fins up by 7 with under 5 minutes left that enabled the Chargers to even send the game to OT. Yet nobody ever talks about that play for reasons I've never been able to understand. If that fumble doesn't happen then the two failed kicks don't happen afterwards.

As for that other game the Fins were outplayed so badly in the second half that I'm not even all that upset about it TBH. It's actually amazing the Chargers ONLY won by a point, or that it took them so long to get the lead. And I think that team was actually Marino's best chance to reach the Super Bowl after '85. Every DolFan knew deep down inside the '92 team had no shot in the AFC title game against Barfalo. Now the AFC title game VS the Pats, that triggers me to this day.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:54 pm

We are bidding time for next seasons draft. Rosen and Fitz are place holders. Hopefully Rosen shows enough for trade bait in 2020. Fitz will likely stick to groom a rookie in 2020.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:02 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:As for that other game the Fins were outplayed so badly in the second half that I'm not even all that upset about it TBH. It's actually amazing the Chargers ONLY won by a point, or that it took them so long to get the lead. And I think that team was actually Marino's best chance to reach the Super Bowl after '85. Every DolFan knew deep down inside the '92 team had no shot in the AFC title game against Barfalo. Now the AFC title game VS the Pats, that triggers me to this day.

Wasn't that the game where the Phins locker room lost power during half time? And Shula got so angry he lost his cool and the team lost theirs too.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:02 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:LOL FF, but in all honesty, Marino is the perfect example of why you can't just have a few pieces and expect to be a champion.  I still blame Stoyanovich for missing that field goal against San Diego.  Christ, how many times did we have to have kickers screw us out of Super Bowl appearances against the Chargers?  Okay, it's twice, but that Von Schamann game felt like an eternity.  I'll never forget him straight choking two, TWO short field goals.

Laces out, you bastard.

Um, you do realize one of those kicks was blocked and the other was partially blocked, right? Also, Benirschke shanked a 27-yarder (a legit shank) on the Chargers' first OT possession.

If anything, in retrospect the real killer was the Andra Franklin fumble with the Fins up by 7 with under 5 minutes left that enabled the Chargers to even send the game to OT. Yet nobody ever talks about that play for reasons I've never been able to understand. If that fumble doesn't happen then the two failed kicks don't happen afterwards.

As for that other game the Fins were outplayed so badly in the second half that I'm not even all that upset about it TBH. It's actually amazing the Chargers ONLY won by a point, or that it took them so long to get the lead. And I think that team was actually Marino's best chance to reach the Super Bowl after '85. Every DolFan knew deep down inside the '92 team had no shot in the AFC title game against Barfalo. Now the AFC title game VS the Pats, that triggers me to this day.

Don't type "Um" at the beginning of a sentence.  It makes you sound like a 15-year-old girl.  Wink

I was at the game, he kicked the ball too low twice, but yes, both of them were blocked/tipped.  One of them was actually 40-something yards.  It was really just a set up for a joke.  If anything, David Woodley's play cost them.  If not for Strock, that would have been a complete demolition.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:00 am

Regarding Tannehill, he's a stat compiler IMO. Comparing stats is the worse approach you can take with him, because he'll put up garbage time stats all day. Or, throw well when it doesn't matter.

Where Tannehill always fades is 3rd down when you absolutely need to keep the chains moving, and the 4th quarter with the game on the line. Watching him constantly throw short of the chains was just maddening.

I really don't care if Rosen beats out Fitz this year, because to be honest he needs a minute in one offense. He's had to learn something like 6 offenses in 6 years, and he's got 1 year experience. We'll have a good idea what Rosen is after this season, but whether he starts or not is almost immaterial.

My guess? He starts in something like week 9 or so. Probably after a terrible Fitz game, which let's be honest, we all know is coming. That's just who he is.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:30 pm

white1 wrote:Regarding Tannehill, he's a stat compiler IMO.  Comparing stats is the worse approach you can take with him, because he'll put up garbage time stats all day.  Or, throw well when it doesn't matter.

Where Tannehill always fades is 3rd down when you absolutely need to keep the chains moving, and the 4th quarter with the game on the line.  Watching him constantly throw short of the chains was just maddening.

I really don't care if Rosen beats out Fitz this year, because to be honest he needs a minute in one offense.  He's had to learn something like 6 offenses in 6 years, and he's got 1 year experience.  We'll have a good idea what Rosen is after this season, but whether he starts or not is almost immaterial.  

My guess? He starts in something like week 9 or so.  Probably after a terrible Fitz game, which let's be honest, we all know is coming.  That's just who he is.

Damn straight on Tannehill - that's him in a nutshell. Classic compiler.

This is Fitz's team - for now. But Rosen will get his chance for sure.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:56 pm

re: the 1981 game against the Chargers. I can forgive Woodley, he was in his first playoff game, and we should have won the game anyway.

Besides, Woodley redeemed himself against that same team in the playoffs a year later when virtually no one thought we could beat the Chargers going in. Everyone was talking about how our offense couldn't keep up with San Diego's. Woodley's poor Super Bowl and AFC Championship Game in the mud are all that people remember, but he was lights out in the first two playoff games in '82. Combined 33 for 41 with 4 TD passes and ran in a 5th.

I agree with Dolfan, Franklin's fumble was the killer, but he redeemed himself pretty nicely in '82 also. Was the league's 2nd leading rusher if I recall right.

As for 1994, the killer was trying to run the ball in the deep-I from our own one yard line after the defense had heroically held up on fourth and goal after about an eight minute drive. Chargers were helpless against Marino all first half. Just keep throwing! Damn, I was screaming at my TV when I saw the formation. Safety on the first play, and the Chargers ended up holding the ball for nearly the entire third quarter and turning 21-6 into 21-15 before Marino touched the ball again.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2