The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins FA signings

+7
Umix10
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
JEGnj
white1
rightchea
JMP
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dolphins FA signings - Page 3 Empty Re: Dolphins FA signings

Post by JMP Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:35 pm

finfanatic wrote:I think they overpaid for Jones, but, if he can keep up the level of play he had with the Jones-boys....

Kinda-sorta hard to decipher the plan here IMO. I am liking the go for young free agents, but these ain't necessarily cheap, like a drafted or undrafted rookie. But the level of play has certainly got to be better than rookies, so....

It does seem as if the Phins are PLANNING on winning this season. If they have a new rookie QB though.... some sound veteran play will almost certainly help with that.

The plan is simple - add key pieces that fit what we're doing by signing young, ascending players to reasonable contracts. There's a plan for every player we signed - it's not just randomly signing older players that don't fit our schemes, which is what we have done in the past.

Jones is being paid at market value - not overpaid at all for a top corner, and in fact his contract is fairly team-friendly. We still have tons of cap space, and have not damaged future cap space.

As far as a rookie QB - most likely he's riding the bench most of the season. Fitz is the starter until he gets hurt or plays like crap for a long stretch.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:09 pm

joseph zucker wrote:The Miami Dolphins have agreed to a one-year, $4 million deal with center Ted Karras, according to The Athletic's Jeff Howe.

Karras spent the last four years with the New England Patriots and made 15 starts for the team in 2019.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2881747-ex-patriots-center-ted-karras-dolphins-reportedly-agree-to-1-year-4m-contract

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:38 pm

megan armstrong wrote:Elandon Roberts is reuniting with Brian Flores as Roberts has agreed to a deal to join the Miami Dolphins, according to ESPN's Cameron Wolfe.

Roberts was drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round of the 2016 NFL draft. The 25-year-old linebacker was coached by Flores, who served as the linebackers coach in New England until 2018. The Dolphins hired Flores to become their head coach after the Patriots won Super Bowl LIII in February 2019.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2881820-former-patriots-lb-elandon-roberts-dolphins-reportedly-agree-to-contract

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:43 pm

Love the Roberts signing! Great depth at LB and can play fullback/H-back on offense. I remember hearing that Flores considers Roberts one of his favorite players. The LB position went from weakness to strength in just 3 days!

The Phins have really put a lot of effort into improving their short-yardae offense and run defense - two of the weakest areas on the team in 2019.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:03 pm

How many players have we added? How many starters?

Would these FA signings be enough for us to abandon our first 5 picks to get Burrow?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:19 pm

CarsonChris wrote:How many players have we added? How many starters?

Would these FA signings be enough for us to abandon our first 5 picks to get Burrow?

Yes. Yes it would cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:04 am

Jesus, first five picks? Y'all thought Ricky Williams was high.

That's a double joke right there.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:49 am

I would cry if Miami did that.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:15 am

rightchea wrote:I would cry if Miami did that.

So would I, but Grier would never do that. Unlike past Dolphins GMs, he actually values draft picks and he doesn't get ripped off in trades.

Now, we may move to #1 - but ONLY if the price is right.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:24 am

per tweet...
Armando Salguero wrote:Dolphins are signing safety Adrian Colbert to a one year deal for $1,775,000 per @RosenhausSports He was not tendered yesterday as a restricted free agent.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:56 pm

CarsonChris wrote:How many players have we added? How many starters?

I think we added 10 new FAs so far.

As of right now, you have to consider Flowers (LG), Karras (C) and Howard (RB) as new starters on offense.

On defense, IMO - Jones (CB), Van Noy (LB) and Ogbah (DE) are starters. Lawson may start at DE too, but I see him more as a rotational/package player. Roberts (LB) will be a key backup and rotational player (and will also play on offense as a FB/H-back).

Grugier-Hill (LB) and Fejedelem (S) will be core special teamers.

All 10 will be key players that see significant snaps.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:57 pm

rightchea wrote:per tweet...
Armando Salguero wrote:Dolphins are signing safety Adrian Colbert to a one year deal for $1,775,000 per @RosenhausSports He was not tendered yesterday as a restricted free agent.

I thought he played pretty well the last couple of games. Decent depth.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3