The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name your pick at 5

+9
scotgif
finskev
HalCHorn
finfanatic
Degarmo
DolFan 316
mercury22nathan
JMP
CarsonChris
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Name your pick at 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: Name your pick at 5

Post by JMP Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:14 pm

white1 wrote:Latest rumor has the Fins trading up to #3 to get the best OT on their board.  LOL!

We know this is all smoke, but it's playing on the fears I read about a couple days ago - teams are worried Miami might actually take an OT at 5, putting teams from #10 and below in serious jeopardy of landing one of the top 4 tackles.

Now, I don't think any of this is real.  Then again, if there's 4 tackles and then a huge dropoff, why not stoke that fear and see what happens?

I can't see the Phins taking a tackle top 5...really makes no sense at any level.

But - all this pre-draft chaos is great. Keep 'em guessing!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:20 pm

One interesting theory I just read: Fins trade up to #3 but actually keep the 5 overall pick. In this scenario, they are trading up from 18 overall - I wonder what this would take?

In any case, think about this:

The Giants want to take a OT badly. Miami trades ahead of them and takes one of the OTs off the board. The only pick worth risking if the Giants want to trade back is San Diego. Even if San Diego trades with the Giants to take a QB, the Fins still get their highest ranked OT, and one of either Herbert or Tua.

Clearly, they would have to have Herbert/Tua ranked very closely to make this move. But there's always the chance they are doing to have their choice anyways, are the Giants really going to trade down? Does SD really want to trade up two slots just to get one of the two QBs behind Burrow?

Plus you've got the Love wild card. I can't wait to see this play out!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:35 pm

white1 wrote:One interesting theory I just read:  Fins trade up to #3 but actually keep the 5 overall pick.  In this scenario, they are trading up from 18 overall - I wonder what this would take?

In any case, think about this:

The Giants want to take a OT badly.  Miami trades ahead of them and takes one of the OTs off the board.  The only pick worth risking if the Giants want to trade back is San Diego.  Even if San Diego trades with the Giants to take a QB, the Fins still get their highest ranked OT, and one of either Herbert or Tua.

Clearly, they would have to have Herbert/Tua ranked very closely to make this move.  But there's always the chance they are doing to have their choice anyways, are the Giants really going to trade down? Does SD really want to trade up two slots just to get one of the two QBs behind Burrow?

Plus you've got the Love wild card.  I can't wait to see this play out!

If we had 3 and 5 - I'm taking Tua at 3 and Simmons at 5. No way am I going OL top 5.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:32 am

I am going with Tua for both answers.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:21 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I have the Dolphins picking Tua at 5, MeHigh Becton at 18, and Jonathan Taylor at 26.

Here you go 316! Day before the draft.

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:26 pm

Wow, you actually found it! I'd forgotten all about it already Laughing Laughing Laughing Watching Home Alone 2 because it's Sunday night and I have nothing else to do.

BTW how silly were we getting all excited for this draft? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:12 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Wow, you actually found it! I'd forgotten all about it already Laughing Laughing Laughing Watching Home Alone 2 because it's Sunday night and I have nothing else to do.

BTW how silly were we getting all excited for this draft? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I feel like Charlie Brown

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2